Charlie Higson book tour schedule

zencatzencat Studio City, CAPosts: 224MI6 Agent
I've just posted Charlie's UK book tour schedule for the Hurricane Gold paperback (due for released May 24th). This is great news as Charlie didn't do a tour when the book was released in hardcover last year.

http://www.youngbonddossier.com/Young_Bond/Danger_Society_News/Entries/2008/4/23_Charlie_Higson_Hurricane_Gold_book_tour_schedule.html

I will be in the UK during this time and I'll definitely be hitting one or more of these events. I may or may not make it to the Imperial War Museum appearance (my plane get in that morning two hours before), but I will be going to either the Bristol or Norwich signing -- whichever is easier to reach by train from London.
www.thebookbond.com - New Look. New Book. Pure BOND.

Comments

• Sir MilesSir Miles The Wrong Side Of The WardrobePosts: 26,625Chief of Staff
    zencat wrote:
    I've just posted Charlie's UK book tour schedule for the Hurricane Gold paperback (due for released May 24th). This is great news as Charlie didn't do a tour when the book was released in hardcover last year.

Charlie Higson Hurricane Gold book tour schedule

I will be in the UK during this time and I'll definitely be hitting one or more of these events. I may or may not make it to the Imperial War Museum appearance (my plane get in that morning two hours before), but I will be going to either the Bristol or Norwich signing -- whichever is easier to reach by train from London.

Thanks for the heads-up, zencat. I'm working on the day he's in Manchester but I'll try and get someone to attend and get a book signed for me.
    YNWA 97
  • StrangewaysStrangeways London, UKPosts: 1,469MI6 Agent
    I can't get the link to work. ?:)
    When is the Imperial war Museum signing?
    I can't get the link to work. ?:)
    When is the Imperial war Museum signing?

Yea, it's stopped working for me too :s

Charlie will be signing at the IWM on Saturday 24th May at 11am.
    YNWA 97
  • zencatzencat Studio City, CAPosts: 224MI6 Agent
    edited April 2008
    I fixed the link.
    http://www.youngbonddossier.com/Young_Bond/Danger_Society_News/Entries/2008/4/23_Charlie_Higson_Hurricane_Gold_book_tour_schedule.html

Also, always know if you need any Young Bond/Charlie Higson info (book releases and appearances) check my calendar. Everything is there and I update often.

http://www.youngbonddossier.com/Young_Bond/Calendar.html
    Ok - I popped down to Manchester today to meet Charlie Higson and get a few of my books signed :D

First off - what a really nice chap to talk too, no airs or graces and willing to spend lots of time chatting with you.

It sounds as though he will definately be returning to write more (Young-ish)Bond books, after a short(ish) break. He'd love to write an 'adult' Bond book but, he says, that even with the success of 'Devil May Care' that IFP may decide not to continue.

Well worth getting half a day off to go see and chat to him -{
    YNWA 97
    Great that you got to see Charlie. I made it to the Milton Keynes signing.

I'm curious about what exactly he said to you about more books. Definitely?
    zencat wrote:
    I'm curious about what exactly he said to you about more books. Definitely?

Definitely ?

I don't think anything can be 100% definite when you talk about a project that's a couple of years off, but.......I said that I'd read about his desire to return to Bond, possibly taking Bond through his early Royal Navy years and he replied that, yes, there was (currently) a desire for him to carry on in some way after his next project(s) had finished and he gave the impression that it would happen.

So. Definite, no - but more than probable ;)

I'm glad I met him too - I hope he visits Manchester (or the North West) again for his next Young Bond novel.
    YNWA 97
    Cool. Thanks. Yes, I do think it's probable we'll see more YB books from Charlie. The question is when.

Also be great if he got the chance to do an adult novel.
    zencat wrote:
    Also be great if he got the chance to do an adult novel.

Yes, he seemed to really fancy a crack at that - but he didn't think that the IFP had a new Bond novel that high on their agenda just yet.
    YNWA 97