Bond Book sales figures?

Does anyone have information on the sales figures of James Bond books?
I know the Fleming books sold in millions in the 1950s,60s and 1970s, but what about the later books by Gardner and Benson?
I'm wondering how exclusive a club I'm in, reading the modern Bond books?
I saw on the mi6 site that they're putting out 100,000 of Devil May Care in the UK, but it mentioned that only 5,000 of Benson's The Man With The Red Tattoo were sold in Britain.
Anybody know of sales figures for each book?
It'd be interesting to know.
De Bleuchamp.
"it'll take more than a few props to turn 007 into a Herald".

Comments

• zencatzencat Studio City, CAPosts: 224MI6 Agent
    ...it mentioned that only 5,000 of Benson's The Man With The Red Tattoo were sold in Britain..
    But what it fails to say is only 5000 copies of TMWTRT where ever printed in the UK.
    www.thebookbond.com - New Look. New Book. Pure BOND.
  • Sir MilesSir Miles The Wrong Side Of The WardrobePosts: 26,573Chief of Staff
    zencat wrote:
    ...it mentioned that only 5,000 of Benson's The Man With The Red Tattoo were sold in Britain..
    But what it fails to say is only 5000 copies of TMWTRT where ever printed in the UK.

I take it that's 5000 hardback copies, zencat ?
    YNWA 97
  • BarbelBarbel ScotlandPosts: 36,324Chief of Staff
    If we're talking about total sales figures, it can get prety complicated. In the UK alone, Bond books have been published by Cape, Hodder & Stoughton, Pan, Panther and Penguin ao. Abroad the situation is even more intricate.
  • De BleuchampDe Bleuchamp Posts: 59MI6 Agent
    Yes I'd like either combined hardback and paperback sales in the UK, or split figures.
    I have usually waited for the paperback edition to come out, but I'll probably buy both versions with Devil May Care.
    I think that probably Benson is a better Bond author than John Gardner, but both had some good stories. From Gardner-Icebreaker and from Benson-High Time To Kill and TMWTRedTattoo.
    De Bleuchamp.
    "Mrs. Whistler did say she wanted pictures of Amsterdam for the children!" Mr. Wint-DAF.