An older Bond girl?

Feel free to lock this if it has already been posted/similar topic.

How about an older Bond girl for QOS? Not too old, maybe someone Bond's age? He's mostly been a magnet for the sugar daddy's all this time! :D

Whadya reckon?

Comments

• LoeffelholzLoeffelholz The United States, With LovePosts: 8,993Quartermasters
    Might be a bit late for QoS, since they wrap shooting next month...but I'd not be opposed to such a thing in #23 and beyond! {[]
    Check out my Amazon author page! Mark Loeffelholz
    "I am not an entrant in the Shakespeare Stakes." - Ian Fleming
    "Screw 'em." - Daniel Craig, The Best James Bond EverTM
  • BarbelBarbel ScotlandPosts: 36,472Chief of Staff
    An honorable idea. :D
  • Tilly Masterson 007Tilly Masterson 007 UKPosts: 1,472MI6 Agent
    edited May 2008
    Good on you guys!

I know who I'd love to see as an older Bond girl.......any suggestions?
  • bluemanblueman PDXPosts: 1,667MI6 Agent
    Always thought if they're gonna keep Bond actors past their sell-by date (lol, like they did Moore and Brosnan), they should cast age-appropriate female leads for them. Old Bond has never worked for me for that reason, an obviously 50 year old dude getting frisky with a 20-something hottie just doesn't do it for me when it comes to Bond. I think that would also entail telling a slightly different type of Bond story, which would be fine by me especially when the alternative has been what's it been. Perhaps we'll get such a Bond film if Craig sticks around past his sell-by? The new EON seems to zig quite a bit instead of the traditional zag. ;)
  • youknowmynameyouknowmyname Gainesville, FL, USAPosts: 703MI6 Agent
    as far as an older bond girl goes...i think michelle pfeiffer could pull it off, teri hatcher would be great if she hadn't already been a bond girl and hmmm...idk, any other thoughts?
    "We have all the time in the world..."
  • Tilly Masterson 007Tilly Masterson 007 UKPosts: 1,472MI6 Agent
    I definetaly agree about Michelle Pfeiffer. :)

My vote is for the gorgeous Susan Penhaligon of whom I have a MASSIVE crush on, infact a PERMANENT crush!. :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x

jeancv4.jpg
  • BarbelBarbel ScotlandPosts: 36,472Chief of Staff
    No argument with the lovely Susan P!
  • HardyboyHardyboy Posts: 5,885Chief of Staff
    Good grief--Susan Penhaligon is nearly 60! Granted, it's kind of weird that the 40-year-old Craig will (probably) be romancing the 22-year-old Gemma Arterton in QoS, but pairing him with Penhaligon is a bit of an overcorrection. Surely there are several beautiful and talented 35- to 40-year-old actresses out there?
    Vox clamantis in deserto
    I'm telling you, Michelle Pfeiffer is the winner! Or of course Liz Hurley (around 40 eh?) or Nicole Kidman (38) or Garcelle Beauvais Nilon. Those are some viable candidates. What about 42 year old Stacy Dash? She may be out of the ball park, but you never know.
  • asioasio Melbourne, AustraliaPosts: 546MI6 Agent
    How about Olivia d'Abo?
    If Bond 23 was released in 2010, that would make her 41 years old.
    Although she's actually 1 year younger than Daniel Craig, she could still be regarded as more of a Bond Woman then as a Bond Girl.
    She's also a cousin of former Bond Girl Maryam d'Abo (I love my Bond trivia), but of course I'm sure you guys already know that.
    244.abo.olivia.100206.jpg
    Drawn Out Dad.
    Independent, one-shot comic books from the outskirts of Melbourne, Australia.
    twitter.com/DrawnOutDad
    asio wrote:
    How about Olivia d'Abo?
    If Bond 23 was released in 2010, that would make her 41 years old.
    Although she's actually 1 year younger than Daniel Craig, she could still be regarded as more of a Bond Woman then as a Bond Girl.
    She's also a cousin of former Bond Girl Maryam d'Abo (I love my Bond trivia), but of course I'm sure you guys already know that.
    244.abo.olivia.100206.jpg

knew the trivia, but didn't think about this girl for an older bond girl, i definitely agree though. a good possiblity for a Bond woman!