Pre-Title Sequence

SeanConnery007SeanConnery007 The Bond Archive - London, EngPosts: 169MI6 Agent
According to this report;
http://www.mi6.co.uk/sections/articles/bond_22_prod_diary32.php3?t=qos&s=qos

The pre-title sequence will include a 15 minute car chase across Lake Garde, as Bond is chased by villains in Alfa Romeos in his Aston Martin, cumulating in a crash sequence filmed in Fantiscritti's marble quarries.
So, QofS will have the longest pre-title sequence to date.
Nobody Writes Threads Better.

Comments

• Tilly Masterson 007Tilly Masterson 007 UKPosts: 1,472MI6 Agent
    Exciting stuff!
  • SolarisSolaris Blackpool, UKPosts: 308MI6 Agent
    that pre title sequence being the one their having all the problems with with the aston going off the cliff and the crashed alfas and the stunt man in hospital.
  • spectre7spectre7 LondonPosts: 118MI6 Agent
    What the Craig era needs is short and snappy pre-title sequences. That's what we got with CR and it needs to contine with QOS. The big and bloated pre-title sequences (that were a staple of the Brosnan era) should be dispensed with for good.
  • A7ceA7ce Birmingham, EnglandPosts: 655MI6 Agent
    So, QofS will have the longest pre-title sequence to date.

How lomg was TWINE's - that was pretty long - more tan 15mins?
  • SeanConnery007SeanConnery007 The Bond Archive - London, EngPosts: 169MI6 Agent
    The pre-title sequence for TWINE is 14 minutes long, though was cut from an original, staggering length of 18 minutes!
    So, assuming there is more to than the pre-title sequence of QofS than the car chase, it could even exceed 15 minutes!
    Nobody Writes Threads Better.
  • HardyboyHardyboy Posts: 5,885Chief of Staff
    edited May 2008
    There's a rumor--reported here--that the QoS pre-title sequence will be half an hour long, which to me makes no sense at all. If you have to wait that long for the titles, you might as well save 'em for the end! For the record, I agree with spectre7--let's keep the PTS short. The best and most effective ones quickly grabbed our attention and then went on their ways.
    Vox clamantis in deserto
  • Mr MartiniMr Martini That nice house in the sky.Posts: 2,699MI6 Agent
    I've read the article twice now. There's one word in the whole article that I like.

The action will form the pre-credits sequence to the movie and is expected to run for 15 minutes.

I look at it like this. It might run 15 minutes. It might be shorter. Let's hope it's shorter, like 8 minutes will be long enough. Let's hope!
    Some people would complain even if you hang them with a new rope
  • LoeffelholzLoeffelholz The United States, With LovePosts: 8,993Quartermasters
    I'm not at all concerned with the length of the PTS. If there's one thing that's been established in the Craig Era, it's unpredictability. Following up CR---which had the shortest PTS in decades---with QoS and one of the longest ever, makes a certain sense to me.

Let's see how it all works out.
    Check out my Amazon author page! Mark Loeffelholz
    "I am not an entrant in the Shakespeare Stakes." - Ian Fleming
    "Screw 'em." - Daniel Craig, The Best James Bond EverTM
  • Dan SameDan Same Victoria, AustraliaPosts: 6,054MI6 Agent
    edited May 2008
    spectre7 wrote:
    What the Craig era needs is short and snappy pre-title sequences. That's what we got with CR and it needs to contine with QOS. The big and bloated pre-title sequences (that were a staple of the Brosnan era) should be dispensed with for good.
    You know, as much as I hate to criticse Brosnan, I have always thought that his PTS's were not his best asset. :# I loved the PTS to GE, however TND's PTS bores me, I think that TWINE's PTS is brilliant but far too long (it should have stopped when Bond escaped from the meeting with the banker) and I didn't like DAD's PTS at all.

CR's PTS wasn pretty good, if a little short (after watching the trailer, there wasn't much that surprised me in it), but it did IMO confirm one thing; PTS's are at their best when shorter.

I don't think that the PTS to QOS should be as short as CR's, but I very much hope that it isn't 15 minutes long. If it is, there there really is no point. I would argue that in terms of length, the ideal PTS's were the 60's and 70's PTS, particularly GF's and TB's which IMO were, as Goldilocks would say, just right in terms of length. :D

Oh, and the Gun Barrel better be back in its traditional format. :v
    "He’s a man way out there in the blue, riding on a smile and a shoeshine. And when they start not smiling back—that’s an earthquake. and then you get yourself a couple of spots on your hat, and you’re finished. Nobody dast blame this man. A salesman is got to dream, boy. It comes with the territory." Death of a Salesman
  • emtiememtiem SurreyPosts: 5,738MI6 Agent
    Yeah, the long ones were probably the worst. GoldenEye's worked perfectly for that film and it needed to be fairly long, but I think they kept trying to repeat that and did so by just making them longer. TWINE's would have been rather neat if it were just the banker thing. The fact that the boat chase isn't all that great didn't really help.
  • NightshooterNightshooter In bed with SolitairePosts: 2,917MI6 Agent
    You guys are so picky. Jeeeez. I actually enjoyed all of the Brosnan PTS's. They were all action packed, and they really weren't long enough to get bored, not even TWINE's.
  • KillmasterKillmaster Roanoke, Virginia USAPosts: 9MI6 Agent
    what does it matter how long it is as long as it ties in with the remainder of the film??
  • Dan SameDan Same Victoria, AustraliaPosts: 6,054MI6 Agent
    edited May 2008
    Killmaster wrote:
    what does it matter how long it is as long as it ties in with the remainder of the film??
    It matters for if it is too long, then what would be the point? If it is 20 minutes (or longer), why have it as a PTS if the entire film is less than two hours? I mean, imagine watching a 2 hour film, and half an hour in, the credits come up. :)) I am not saying that the PTS will be half an hour long but there should be a limit on how long it should be. IMO TWINE's PTS was too long, so I would want QOS's PTS to be shorter than TWINE's.

Alternatively, a PTS that is too short can seem like a bit of a rip-off, especially if (like CR) almost all of it was shown in the trailer.

I don't know how long the ideal PTS (putting aside content) should be, but I think the earlier (60's and 70's) Bonds had it about right with TB and GF IMO being of the ideal length.
    "He’s a man way out there in the blue, riding on a smile and a shoeshine. And when they start not smiling back—that’s an earthquake. and then you get yourself a couple of spots on your hat, and you’re finished. Nobody dast blame this man. A salesman is got to dream, boy. It comes with the territory." Death of a Salesman
  • DAWUSSDAWUSS My homepagePosts: 517MI6 Agent
    I'm not at all concerned with the length of the PTS. If there's one thing that's been established in the Craig Era, it's unpredictability. Following up CR---which had the shortest PTS in decades---with QoS and one of the longest ever, makes a certain sense to me.

Let's see how it all works out.

In many ways, you could consider the Madagascar chase the "PTS", considering how it fit in with the rest of the film
  • VirgilVirgil Posts: 99MI6 Agent
    CR PTS was perfect. Brings back a 60s feeling, which is fantastic. I hated Brosnan´s...c´mon, both boat chases in TWINE and DAD should have been after the titles.
    A car chase in the PTS? then it should be edited in a really fast pace, so that the whole thing runs no more than 5-10 minutes at the most. I also liked Roger Moore era PTS. A little longer than Connery´s, but right to the point