Mamma Mia!

Dan SameDan Same Victoria, AustraliaPosts: 6,054MI6 Agent
edited May 2008 in Off Topic Chat
I am a massive ABBA fan. They are one of my all-time four favourite musical acts, along with Queen, Led Zeppelin and Alanis Morrissette, (with Queen being my absolute favourite musical act) and I loved the stage musical Mamma Mia!. I ended up seeing it twice as what I loved about it was that as well as having great music, it also has a terrific story. I've been looking forward to the film version but it has never been among my absolute priorites for 2008.

That was until I recently went to the cinemas and I was looking at the poster for Mamma Mia!, and was listening to Dancing Queen which was playing in the lobby where the poster was housed. Looking at the cast (Meryl Streep, Pierce Brosnan, Stellan Skarsgard, Colin Firth, Julie Walters, Christine Baranski) and listening to one of my favourite songs, I felt goosebumbs. :D

Mamma Mia! may be a disappointment, but if it works, I think it could be one of the best musicals in years! :D What do you think? Are any of you excited about seeing the film?
"He’s a man way out there in the blue, riding on a smile and a shoeshine. And when they start not smiling back—that’s an earthquake. and then you get yourself a couple of spots on your hat, and you’re finished. Nobody dast blame this man. A salesman is got to dream, boy. It comes with the territory." Death of a Salesman

Comments

• PendragonPendragon ColoradoPosts: 2,640MI6 Agent
    edited May 2008
    totally more excited now! didn't realize that Stellan Skarsgard was in it! :D I shall deff. be going to see this!

PS. ABBA rocks! During the production of "The Breakfast Club" at my highschool, we listened to ABBA all the time, and it became everyone's pre-show music as well. :D Super Trouper's my favorite

~Pen -{
    Hey! Observer! You trying to get yourself Killed?

mountainburdphotography.wordpress.com
  • LoeffelholzLoeffelholz The United States, With LovePosts: 8,994Quartermasters
    I know nothing about this musical, and don't like musicals as a general rule, but there are a few that I really enjoy (All That Jazz, starring Roy Scheider, for one)...that said, I've always really enjoyed ABBA. My favourites of theirs: Fernando, Waterloo, Dancing Queen, When All Is Said And Done, Take A Chance On Me, S.O.S. and Knowing Me, Knowing You.

I doubt this one will draw me out to the cinema, but I'll certainly Netflix the DVD when its available :)
    Check out my Amazon author page! Mark Loeffelholz
    "I am not an entrant in the Shakespeare Stakes." - Ian Fleming
    "Screw 'em." - Daniel Craig, The Best James Bond EverTM
  • Mr MartiniMr Martini That nice house in the sky.Posts: 2,700MI6 Agent
    I have heard some of ABBA's music, but my dad is the bigger fan of their stuff. Unfortunaly he doesn't go to movies. I wonder though if he'll end up seeing this. If he does see it, I'll post his response when he does.
    Some people would complain even if you hang them with a new rope
  • Dan SameDan Same Victoria, AustraliaPosts: 6,054MI6 Agent
    I'm happy to see that I'm not the only ABBA fan. {[]
    "He’s a man way out there in the blue, riding on a smile and a shoeshine. And when they start not smiling back—that’s an earthquake. and then you get yourself a couple of spots on your hat, and you’re finished. Nobody dast blame this man. A salesman is got to dream, boy. It comes with the territory." Death of a Salesman