Bond Crew Back Filming on Lake Garda

AlessandraAlessandra Lake Garda, ItalyPosts: 633MI6 Agent
Hi darlings, I have news!

The Bond crew will be back here on Lake Garda starting tomorrow (Monday April 19), for three consecutive days, to finish filming the action sequence.

Due to bad weather, they didn't manage to film all they wanted to the first time around, so they're coming back to finish filming. They are going to film in the first tunnel on the Gardesana occidentale in Gargnano (so I'd think there's some scene in a tunnel?? :))), then between Campione and Limone and then in a point where the road splits and goes up north in Tremosine, moving towards Limone and Riva. How do I know this? because we got notice of roads being closed again for Bond filming!

The closing hours for roads are from 8:30 to 12:30 and from 14:30 to 18:30 for those three days. MAN! these people are ****ing off the locals :))

ANNNND in fact, in order to make up for the trouble caused to locals? The production has decided to donate a new ambulance to the local red cross. It will be delivered in June. I think this is VERY nice of them. :D

And the hilarious part? We've had a week of fabulous weather, and it started going not so well yesterday.. today it poured down all day and it's supposed to be raining for another two days! :)) These guys are really unlucky with weather here, I gotta say! :))

This is all I have for now, will have updates tomorrow!

ETA: guessing local news just had a major scoop.. they showed a little teeny weeny bit of the Aston Martin filming between the tunnels in Gargnano and Tremosine. I couldn't make anything of it though, too short :)) Definitely a car chase between tunnels though, that I can say for sure.. they're the characteristic of the Gardesana Occidentale together with the great view.

I'm glad they decided to film including the tunnels too, some of them have been left in the original shape, that is to say without any concrete/lights inside, you see the rocks as they are, not smooth or anything, both on the sides and on top. Should make for a great setting in the movie. :D
"Are we on coms?" (if you don't know where this is from... you've missed some really good stuff! :D)

Comments

• PaperbillPaperbill FloridaPosts: 810MI6 Agent
    Thanks for the update and information.
  • LoeffelholzLoeffelholz The United States, With LovePosts: 8,993Quartermasters
    Alessandra wrote:

That's our girl :x

It's good to see them finishing up. This is going to be a PTS for the ages B-)

Never before have so many wrecked so much for so many---er, or something like that (apologies to the great Mr. Churchill ;% )...
    Check out my Amazon author page! Mark Loeffelholz
    "I am not an entrant in the Shakespeare Stakes." - Ian Fleming
    "Screw 'em." - Daniel Craig, The Best James Bond EverTM
  • AlessandraAlessandra Lake Garda, ItalyPosts: 633MI6 Agent
    Alessandra wrote:

That's our girl :x

It's good to see them finishing up. This is going to be a PTS for the ages B-)

Never before have so many wrecked so much for so many---er, or something like that (apologies to the great Mr. Churchill ;% )...

:))

Well for starters they've had decent weather this morning so far.. two hours of filming with sunny-ish weather. It isn't perfect but there was some sunshine and it isn't raining at all so that's good enough, seen as the forecast was rain.

A friend of mine who needs to use that part of the road to go to work called me a few minutes ago and man was she mad at Bond, ready to turn into Xenia Onatopp! :)) She had to wake up an hour before because of heavy traffic and road being closed after 8:30.. she swore off this Bond movie :)) :)) She isn't a fan of Craig in any case, but this was the last straw :)) She lives in the filming area, so she'll keep an eye on things, she may even see them film from the distance from her house. Will keep you posted if there's anything interesting! :D
    "Are we on coms?" (if you don't know where this is from... you've missed some really good stuff! :D)
    Quick update on the stuntman who was seriously injured in the accident. He's finally recovering, doctors have ruled out death risks. And he's actually starting therapies to recover memory and phisical movement. (He had serious head injuries). So good news! {[]
  • bluemanblueman PDXPosts: 1,667MI6 Agent
    Great news on the stuntman, and thanks so much for the updates!
    My pleasure blueman! :D Glad to be of some use every once in a while! :D
  • QwertyQwerty New York, USAPosts: 73MI6 Agent
    Great news. Thanks for the update, Alessandra. B-)
    ~ Nobody Knows Me Like You Know Me ~
    Qwerty wrote:
    Great news. Thanks for the update, Alessandra. B-)

Most welcome qwerty! :D Unfortunately today I can't give good news... it's been pouring down all day. :( I doubt they managed to film at all. Heavy rain this morning and normal rain in the afternoon but I swear the weather's been just lousy. X-( I can't believe how unlucky they are. Seems like tomorrow it's supposed to clear up, I really hope for the Bond crew that's the case.

I may have an update later tonight as local news will probably do a report. Will keep you posted! :D
  • Napoleon PluralNapoleon Plural LondonPosts: 10,308MI6 Agent
    Someone change the premiere date from 31 Oct so they can start having good luck with this production!
    "This is where we leave you Mr Bond."

Roger Moore 1927-2017
    Someone change the premiere date from 31 Oct so they can start having good luck with this production!

:)) :))