Get rid of the CR Forum

Sweepy the CatSweepy the Cat Halifax, West Yorkshire, EnglaPosts: 986MI6 Agent
I think it's about time CR's forum is scrapped and replaced with something new like 'Bond 23 and beyond) like on CBN. This is because it has now been out for over 18months, it's on DVD for a fiver, everyone's seen it, it's now on sky movies for free and it's getting less and less popular due to the buzz about 'QOS'. Just my thoughts.
207qoznfl4.gif

Comments

• Mr MartiniMr Martini That nice house in the sky.Posts: 2,699MI6 Agent
    edited May 2008
    I think this was brought up in the things to do thread. I think SiCo said he was going to work on it but it takes time to move all the threads to the right forums. I'll try to find where he posted it then copy & paste his response here.

Edit. My mistake, the question was asked in this thread:

http://www.ajb007.co.uk/index.php?topic=30198&cpage=1
    Some people would complain even if you hang them with a new rope
  • Dan SameDan Same Victoria, AustraliaPosts: 6,054MI6 Agent
    What's the rush? You don't have to post in it. I think we should keep it, at least until QOS comes out. Afterall, CR is still the latest Bond film. (Plus, I'm yet to write my review. :v :)) )
    "He’s a man way out there in the blue, riding on a smile and a shoeshine. And when they start not smiling back—that’s an earthquake. and then you get yourself a couple of spots on your hat, and you’re finished. Nobody dast blame this man. A salesman is got to dream, boy. It comes with the territory." Death of a Salesman
  • Sir Hillary BraySir Hillary Bray College of ArmsPosts: 2,174MI6 Agent
    Dan Same wrote:
    What's the rush? You don't have to post in it. I think we should keep it, at least until QOS comes out. Afterall, CR is still the latest Bond film. (Plus, I'm yet to write my review. :v :)) )
    :))
    That's our Dan -- not always timely, but certainly thorough! {[]
    Hilly...you old devil!
  • Dan SameDan Same Victoria, AustraliaPosts: 6,054MI6 Agent
    edited May 2008
    Dan Same wrote:
    :))
    That's our Dan -- not always timely, but certainly thorough! {[]
    {[] Thanks. I very much appreciate that. :007)
    "He’s a man way out there in the blue, riding on a smile and a shoeshine. And when they start not smiling back—that’s an earthquake. and then you get yourself a couple of spots on your hat, and you’re finished. Nobody dast blame this man. A salesman is got to dream, boy. It comes with the territory." Death of a Salesman
  • SiCoSiCo EnglandPosts: 1,371M
    We are working on it and will have a final plan by tomorrow (I should think).

The current ideas are to move the most recent topics into their relevant forums then leave the rest in a non postable archive.

This archive may or may not be visible imediately as I can't decide if it should be on the home page or there should be an archive page.

Your thoughts...
    Simon
  • LexiLexi LondonPosts: 3,000MI6 Agent
    Noooooooooo....please don't. CR is my favourite Bond movie and still the latest one...I still look and post on it, please, please don't close it.

(looking up sadly, whilst batting my eyelashes)
    She's worth whatever chaos she brings to the table and you know it. ~ Mark Anthony
  • Napoleon PluralNapoleon Plural LondonPosts: 10,276MI6 Agent
    Ah yes, Lexi, your favourites list...
    "This is where we leave you Mr Bond."

Roger Moore 1927-2017
    You'll be gald to know I'm watching Goldfinger this weekend...just to see if it needs re sorting.

And actually, I've just realised that I have DAD in totally the wrong place on my list...it should be at the bottom!!!! :))
    She's worth whatever chaos she brings to the table and you know it. ~ Mark Anthony
  • Sir MilesSir Miles The Wrong Side Of The WardrobePosts: 26,579Chief of Staff
    Lexi wrote:
    Noooooooooo....please don't. CR is my favourite Bond movie and still the latest one...I still look and post on it, please, please don't close it.

(looking up sadly, whilst batting my eyelashes)

Don't fear too much, Lexi - the CR Forum will be closed at some point but all the threads will be kept active (with a few possible exceptions) and distributed to the relevent (active) forum :)
    YNWA 97
    Sir Miles wrote:
    Don't fear too much, Lexi - the CR Forum will be closed at some point but all the threads will be kept active (with a few possible exceptions) and distributed to the relevent (active) forum :)

oh, thanks! {[]
    (although I'm sure once QoS is out, there will be so much activity on it, that CR will have it's place on the James Bond Films ) But seeing as we still have 3 months left, the thought of CR forum going was a bit dissapointing..:(
  • Napoleon PluralNapoleon Plural LondonPosts: 10,276MI6 Agent
    Maybe, but as QoS is a sequel to CR (the first one really of the series) you could argue to keep CR on beyond that.
    "This is where we leave you Mr Bond."

Roger Moore 1927-2017
  • Sweepy the CatSweepy the Cat Halifax, West Yorkshire, EnglaPosts: 986MI6 Agent
    How about rolling all CR & QOS topics into one forum since QOS is a direct sequel?
    207qoznfl4.gif