new to site, can you answer this??

jamesm123jamesm123 LondonPosts: 184MI6 Agent
sorry, i posted this in the general topic forum as well. not sure if this is bad etiquette or what, i'm new to forums, just a Bond fan. hope you can help.

I'm interested in finding out who almost got the roles of Bond down the line. I know that Dalton almost got it before (OHMSS??) but was considered a bit too young. Would be grateful for a list of also-rans.
Cheers all

Comments

• Tilly Masterson 007Tilly Masterson 007 UKPosts: 1,472MI6 Agent
    Michael Billington also auditioned but never got the part.
  • bigzilchobigzilcho Toronto, ONPosts: 245MI6 Agent
    Welcome jamesm123. Best Bond forum on the planet bar none.

Bond also-rans? As M once quipped:"The list is endless!"

My fellow Bond-fans can provide all the different actors. Here's a few:

James Fox for DN.

Burt Reynolds for DAF.

Adam West for OHMSS.

The topic of also-rans for 007 is tricky. One can never be sure who exactly was approached in 45 years.

"When do you sleep, 007?"
    "Never on the firm's time, sir."
  • Mr MartiniMr Martini That nice house in the sky.Posts: 2,699MI6 Agent
    I'm sure some of the DVDs might have screen test of potential Bonds. Wasn't Sam Neil a canidate for Living Daylights (or was it License to Kill)?
    Some people would complain even if you hang them with a new rope
  • Number24Number24 NorwayPosts: 21,835MI6 Agent
    Hugh Jackman was offered CR
    Liam Neeson was "heavely persued for GE

For further reading:
    http://stason.org/TULARC/movies/james-bond/11-The-actors-who-could-have-played-James-Bond.html
  • Number24Number24 NorwayPosts: 21,835MI6 Agent
    This is also a good link:
    http://www.alternative007.co.uk/12.htm
  • Mark HazardMark Hazard West Midlands, UKPosts: 495MI6 Agent
    edited June 2008
    An American actor also got signed up for DAF before Sean came back to the fold. I can't recall his name at the moment, but this US actor later became a politician (no, it wasn't Clint Eastwood or Ronald Reagan), I'm sure another AJBer will come up with his name.

I've just checked the above link, and the actors name is John Gavin, should have tried that first I suppose.
  • xrafflexraffle Posts: 4MI6 Agent
    jamesm123 wrote:
    sorry, i posted this in the general topic forum as well. not sure if this is bad etiquette or what, i'm new to forums, just a Bond fan. hope you can help.

I'm interested in finding out who almost got the roles of Bond down the line. I know that Dalton almost got it before (OHMSS??) but was considered a bit too young. Would be grateful for a list of also-rans.
    Cheers all

Roger Moore wanted the role before Connery but he was also considered too young then. It's funny how much younger Moore looks even though he's older than Connery in real life.