QOS Gun Barrel

I saw this on youtube and thought it was a great idea:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aNqT-fIZz70&feature=related

This is probably not a new idea but it is new to me...The gun barrel incorporates Vesper's Algerian Love Knot. Visually, I think this is a brilliant idea and one that Babs and Michael should serously consider adopting into the gun barrel sequeence for QOS.

By the way, the song for this video is a fan written song for QOS. I didn't think it was too bad...but I'm posting for the visual content not the audio. Just thought I'd make that clear.

So what do you guys think? Should the love knot be incorporated into the movie version on the gun barrel?

:007)
"I musht be dreaming."

Comments

• Mr MartiniMr Martini That nice house in the sky.Posts: 2,700MI6 Agent
    I'd rather have a tradtional gunabarrel. but that's just me.
    Some people would complain even if you hang them with a new rope
  • StrangewaysStrangeways London, UKPosts: 1,469MI6 Agent
    Might be OK for the poster, but not the actual gunbarrel at the start of the PTS.
  • youknowmynameyouknowmyname Gainesville, FL, USAPosts: 703MI6 Agent
    Keep the original gun barrel sequence. We didn't have Tracy's ring for DAF (although the producers did jack with that story line). I don't want Vesper to become anymore important than she has to be and that love knot gun barrel would throw things over the top. Keep the original gangster.
    "We have all the time in the world..."
  • division00division00 Posts: 9MI6 Agent
    Yeah, I think the traditional gun barrel is the only choice. This is one of the recurring themes that not only Bond fans love, but recreational movie watchers can identify immediately.
  • sharpshootersharpshooter Posts: 164MI6 Agent
    My opinion is that they should keep the realistic artillery piece from CR, with the vertical blood drip. This is retaining the traditional elements of the series, but slightly updated for our times with a fresh stamp. Just add the dots coming across the screen with Craig – wearing the same attire of open neck jacket. I hope Craig can replicate the dramatic spin and shoot stance, if he can, this new gunbarrel sequence will rank among the very best.
  • FitzochrisFitzochris Posts: 242MI6 Agent
    I couldn't imagine a better opening to QoS than this:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=uBLozOsZUjQ

The Bond theme is fantastic and it even incorporates the beeps from Dr No.
    I fear the Bond theme is from Die Another Day and I doubt the producers (or David Arnold) would want to do a retread, but then John Barry did it all the time and I loved it.

If it opened up onto Mr W's villa instead of saying 'Quantum of Solace, it'd be great.
  • the golden gun guythe golden gun guy USAPosts: 102MI6 Agent
    That was actually pretty good. Excellent music. Although they will never use it. But I'm confident David Arnold will come up with something great and suiting for Craig's Bond. :007)
  • the golden gun guythe golden gun guy USAPosts: 102MI6 Agent
    Yes it is a fake. It's just Pierce Brosnan with Daniel Craig's face stuck over his.
    The footage is fake but it's the musical ensemble that has me.

After the gunshot I reckon the Bond music comes from DAD, so not that old...but I can't place the pre-gunshot music.

It seems so fitting for Craig's Bond. Classy but a little edgey.
  • LoeffelholzLoeffelholz The United States, With LovePosts: 8,994Quartermasters
    I fully expect a traditional gun barrel sequence in this one; perhaps slightly tweaked to accomodate Craig's interpretation. No two actors' gun barrels are alike...

Who knows? The example above might be close to it! :007)
    Check out my Amazon author page! Mark Loeffelholz
    "I am not an entrant in the Shakespeare Stakes." - Ian Fleming
    "Screw 'em." - Daniel Craig, The Best James Bond EverTM
    I fully expect a traditional gun barrel sequence in this one; perhaps slightly tweaked to accomodate Craig's interpretation. No two actors' gun barrels are alike...

Who knows? The example above might be close to it! :007)

I sincerely hope so.
  • Dan SameDan Same Victoria, AustraliaPosts: 6,054MI6 Agent
    Keep the original gun barrel sequence. We didn't have Tracy's ring for DAF (although the producers did jack with that story line). I don't want Vesper to become anymore important than she has to be and that love knot gun barrel would throw things over the top. Keep the original gangster.
    I completely agree. :D I missed the gun barrel sequence in CR, but now that it is likely to return for QOS, I would love a more traditional version.

Speaking of which, I'm kind of in two minds about this; what do people think pf Craig wearing a hat ala early Connery? :v
    "He’s a man way out there in the blue, riding on a smile and a shoeshine. And when they start not smiling back—that’s an earthquake. and then you get yourself a couple of spots on your hat, and you’re finished. Nobody dast blame this man. A salesman is got to dream, boy. It comes with the territory." Death of a Salesman
  • 72897289 Beau DesertPosts: 1,691MI6 Agent
    [quote=Dan SameSpeaking of which, I'm kind of in two minds about this; what do people think pf Craig wearing a hat ala early Connery? :v[/quote]

One of Thomas Magnum's of "Magnum P.I." rules of being a "World Class Investigator" is never get behind an old man driving a car who is wearing a hat.

Something about wearing a hat turns the wearer into a "fuddy - duddy" while behind the wheel. God knows we would not want to have DC criticized for being to slow on the draw during the "gunbarrel".

Unless something like "global warming" changes men's clothing styles .... the hat is out!
    edited July 2008
    7289 wrote:
    One of Thomas Magnum's of "Magnum P.I." rules of being a "World Class Investigator" is never get behind an old man driving a car who is wearing a hat.

Something about wearing a hat turns the wearer into a "fuddy - duddy" while behind the wheel. God knows we would not want to have DC criticized for being to slow on the draw during the "gunbarrel".

Unless something like "global warming" changes men's clothing styles .... the hat is out!
    You're probably right. However, I still can't help rememebering that Connery looked darn cool wearing the hat. :D (Perhaps this is something however, that, is best left to fond memories of the past. ;) )
    "He’s a man way out there in the blue, riding on a smile and a shoeshine. And when they start not smiling back—that’s an earthquake. and then you get yourself a couple of spots on your hat, and you’re finished. Nobody dast blame this man. A salesman is got to dream, boy. It comes with the territory." Death of a Salesman
  • VirgilVirgil Posts: 99MI6 Agent
    7289 wrote:
    However, I still can't help rememebering that Connery looked darn cool wearing the hat. :D (Perhaps this is something however, that, is best left to fond memories of the past. ;) )

He did look cool, but I think it would definitely look outdated, or remind of Pete Doherty.
    IMO, the most classic gunbarrel look that we can expect is the actual classic form coming back for QOS, being black and white, and they could also go for the style of walking with fewer and shorter steps as Bob Simmons did. Lots of details could make us think of the original 1962 gunbarrel without the hat.
    Virgil, you quoted the wrong person. ;)
  • 72897289 Beau DesertPosts: 1,691MI6 Agent
    7289 wrote:
    That's okay Dan, I agree with you ....
    {[]
  • VirgilVirgil Posts: 99MI6 Agent
    Sorry about that, lads...;%
    It´s just that I get nervous and I make typing mistakes when I think the traditional gunbarrel might reappear...black and white and all, as in YOLT and DAF, possibly my favourites...;)