Forever Yours, With Regret

HitchHitch UKPosts: 19MI6 Agent
edited June 2008 in James Bond Literature
(I've posted the same message at MI6.com. There's no escape! Apologies if I've trodden on anyone's toes.)

If you're browsing this forum, I'm gambling that you're a fan and/or a practitioner of that grubby, greasy art known as James Bond fan fiction.

As you may have noticed, it's Ian Fleming's centenary this week. The good burghers of CommanderBond.net have taken it upon themselves to release a fitting tribute. Forever Yours, With Regret is a collection of nine Bond stories, written as a centenary tribute to Ian Fleming and his Bond, the literary Bond of the 1950s and '60s. I think it's a lovely gesture from die-hard Fleming fans. As an added bonus, I had absolutely nothing to do with it, thus immediately raising the quality of the stories by a factor of (00)7. Given the circumstances, I'm sure ajb007 will forgive me encouraging its members to cross Checkpoint Charlie. Why not have a look and see what you think?

Forever Yours, With Regret

Comments

• Golrush007Golrush007 South AfricaPosts: 3,421Quartermasters
    The presentation certainly has the polished look of previous Commanderbond.net publications, I haven't yet got round to the stories but it does look good.

Good work on the cover again from Evan Willnow, although personally I prefer his other Chopping-style covers.
  • Napoleon PluralNapoleon Plural LondonPosts: 10,278MI6 Agent
    Wow that does look good! Looks much better and more appealing than Faulks' cover.

But it's only for download, right? We can't buy a hard copy? Or do we download, print it out onto colour and then piece it together? Pardon my ignorance. :(
    "This is where we leave you Mr Bond."

Roger Moore 1927-2017
  • HitchHitch UKPosts: 19MI6 Agent
    Hi Napoleon Plural,

Forever Yours, With Regret is available to download as a pdf file. You should be able to open it using Adobe. It's up to you whether you read it from the computer screen or run off a copy on your printer.

I must emphasise that the file is completely free - there is no money involved whatosever. CBn has no wish to make any money from copyrighted characters and stories. Indeed, it could be argued that such enterprises as FYWR (and the fan fiction at ajb007) stimulate interest in Bond's world and make it more likely that fans will buy Fleming's books and see EON's films - even if it's just to get the bad taste out of their mouths. :))

I hope you enjoy the stories. Who knows, they might encourage you to contribute a tale to ajb007's fan fiction library. :007)
  • Napoleon PluralNapoleon Plural LondonPosts: 10,278MI6 Agent
    Thanks for the prompt response, Hitch! I will probably download the file when next booked in as a freelancer.
    "This is where we leave you Mr Bond."

Roger Moore 1927-2017
  • HitchHitch UKPosts: 19MI6 Agent
    Glad to help. By the way, there's no need to register or log in at CommanderBond.net. Anyone can visit the website and download the file. :)