Music Box in TSWLM

thenoisydrumthenoisydrum Posts: 84MI6 Agent
edited June 2008 in The James Bond Films
Hello
New to the forum but not new to Bond.
I went for a drive yesterday, stuck on the radio and to my horror realised that the Archers was on. Anyway after a couple of minutes I heard that they were using a music box in the background of certain scenes and it sounded very much like that 3 or 4 seconds worth you here in TSWLM when the two Russian agents are in bed.
I suppose my question is - Is the tune a well known Music Box piece or was it written for the film, and what I heard yesterday only sounded similar?

It's been bugging me!

Comments

• ohmss1969ohmss1969 EuropePosts: 141MI6 Agent
    Lara's theme from Dr Zhivago , I presume ?
  • Napoleon PluralNapoleon Plural LondonPosts: 10,305MI6 Agent
    Yes, that's right, it was written for the film. I think it was not unusual for jewellery boxes to have that song, I think my sister had one with a ballet dancer who would twirl around to that tune, it was a larger jewellery box though, not really like the one in the film.

Some have commented that it's an odd tune for a KGB agent as Dr Zhivago was banned in the Soviet Union!
    "This is where we leave you Mr Bond."

Roger Moore 1927-2017
  • taitytaity Posts: 702MI6 Agent
    Of course some would respond that in both TSWLM and MR the overuse of well known music was common place, and it Lara's theme does at least remind us that the girl is supposed to be russian
  • DAWUSSDAWUSS My homepagePosts: 517MI6 Agent
    Some have commented that it's an odd tune for a KGB agent as Dr Zhivago was banned in the Soviet Union!

Maybe they didn't keep tabs on them as well as they had hoped :v
  • taitytaity Posts: 702MI6 Agent
    THe lady did travel alot - maybe she bought it while she was on a studio tour in downtown LA, and gave it to the Russian Q and asked him to turn it into a radio.