Ouch - Craig in the wars!

Seems like Daniel's been playing rough again!

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-1025527/Curse-Bond-strikes-Daniel-Craig-slices-tip-finger-set.html

I wonder how they will keep the continuity of the film with the end of his digit missing!

Comments

• emtiememtiem SurreyPosts: 5,738MI6 Agent
    Well I'd take that with a pinch of salt- I expect that there's none of his finger actually missing, but there's probably a chance the story's based on something and that he hurt himself, which sounds rather nasty.
  • taitytaity Posts: 702MI6 Agent
    They said he was back at work the same day part of his finger was cut off - what a guy!!! Course, it could all just be bullsh!t.
  • HigginsHiggins GermanyPosts: 16,618MI6 Agent
    what he all can do with his little finger :D
    President of the 'Misty Eyes Club'.

Dalton - the weak and weepy Bond!
  • LexiLexi LondonPosts: 3,000MI6 Agent
    emtiem wrote:
    Well I'd take that with a pinch of salt- I expect that there's none of his finger actually missing.

like the missing tooth in CR :D

Well you have to give Craig 10/10 for effort, can't see "no hairs out of place" Brossa doing this kind of stuff.

Not long now before the trailer...can't wait!
    She's worth whatever chaos she brings to the table and you know it. ~ Mark Anthony
  • division00division00 Posts: 9MI6 Agent
    Well, like all action-packed movies, there are dangers that come with any involvement. I say this with the greatest respect to anyone involved in stunts (as an avid Lord of the Rings fan, the DVD extras show that kicking ass in Middle Earth is painful business. For example, the scene where Aragon, Gimli, and Legolas were running in the Westfold, Viggo had broken two toes, Orlando broke a rib, and the height double for Gimli had a dislocated knee). The movie "Red Cliff" directed by John Woo just had a stuntman die and five others injured.

Also, Daniel Craig is such a physical actor and he gets so into any production he's part of, I'm surprised he isn't hurt more (not that I wish any injury upon him).
  • HardyboyHardyboy Posts: 5,885Chief of Staff
    I knew Craig sometimes gives The Finger to the press, but this is ridiculous!
    Vox clamantis in deserto
  • LoeffelholzLoeffelholz The United States, With LovePosts: 8,993Quartermasters
    edited June 2008
    Hardyboy wrote:
    I knew Craig sometimes gives The Finger to the press, but this is ridiculous!

:))

I read the headline---"...Daniel Craig slices tip of his finger off during filming"---and was instantly relieved. Of course Craig is just fine.

Another shining moment for British tabloidism! ;) Pity they couldn't bother to get Craigger's age right, or go to the trouble to dig up the identity of the "unnamed" Greek stuntman :)) Really remarkable, cutting-edge journalism :(|)

It's also worth noting that the YOLT story has also been 'editorially enhanced.' I believe a stuntman lost most of one foot during that shoot...not both legs :o :o :o

Still, all this "Bond Curse" stuff keeps the brand out there as the summer movie season heats up...
    Check out my Amazon author page! Mark Loeffelholz
    "I am not an entrant in the Shakespeare Stakes." - Ian Fleming
    "Screw 'em." - Daniel Craig, The Best James Bond EverTM
  • DAWUSSDAWUSS My homepagePosts: 517MI6 Agent
    I thought the anti-Craig movement in the media was essentially gone...
    edited June 2008
    DAWUSS wrote:

I don't think this is anti-Craig; it's just standard, sensationalist crap---excreted rather than written---but apparently there's a living to be made doing it :D

During the full fury of the Craig WarsTM, I'm embarrassed to say this sort of thing really bugged me: Craig can't drive a stick, Craig's obsessed with ladies' facial cremes, Craig lost his front teeth shooting CR, Craig's latest tantrum with the press, etc., ad infinitum. Now it's just a bit of comic relief, and I become disappointed if they don't serve up a freshly-steaming pile from time to time :007)
  • youknowmynameyouknowmyname Gainesville, FL, USAPosts: 703MI6 Agent
    DAWUSS wrote:

I don't think this is anti-Craig; it's just standard, sensationalist crap---excreted rather than written---but apparently there's a living to be made doing it :D

During the full fury of the Craig WarsTM, I'm embarrassed to say this sort of thing really bugged me: Craig can't drive a stick, Craig's obsessed with ladies' facial cremes, Craig lost his front teeth shooting CR, Craig's latest tantrum with the press, etc., ad infinitum. Now it's just a bit of comic relief, and I become disappointed if they don't serve up a freshly-steaming pile from time to time :007)

'excreted rather than written' this makes me chuckle... :))

poor craig, the guy takes it doesn't he? cuts, bruises, teeth, fingers plus all the jabs from us here at ajb. oh the things you have to do to be james bond.
    "We have all the time in the world..."
  • darenhatdarenhat The Old PuebloPosts: 2,029Quartermasters
    My wife blurted out the news to me over the phone yesterday: "Daniel Craig got his finger chopped off!" She then followed up with "Can he still play James Bond?"

I thinking she was hoping against hope, because she really doesn't care for him all that much. :))
  • Sweepy the CatSweepy the Cat Halifax, West Yorkshire, EnglaPosts: 986MI6 Agent
    Jeez, I'm not one to believe in curses but the film needs moving back to it's original November 7th release date. There has been 3 car accidents, a fire, Craig's lost a little bit of his finger and had 8 stitches in his face!
    A stuntman died filming FYEO, one got his legs chopped off in YOLT and I'm sure there's been much more accidents. Only today I realised how dangerous it would be to be in a Bond movie.
    207qoznfl4.gif
  • LexiLexi LondonPosts: 3,000MI6 Agent
    I read the headline---"...Daniel Craig slices tip of his finger off during filming"---and was instantly relieved. Of course Craig is just fine.

Another shining moment for British tabloidism! ;) Pity they couldn't bother to get Craigger's age right, or go to the trouble to dig up the identity of the "unnamed" Greek stuntman :)) Really remarkable, cutting-edge journalism :(|)

You understand the red tops remarkably well Loeff :D (most of the trashy papers have a red banner across the top of the paper). I think the closest you have is the enquirer...you take everything with a large bucket full of salt. In fact I'm beginning to realise that this site has more correct news than anywhere else :007) (The BBC is prob the exception!)
    She's worth whatever chaos she brings to the table and you know it. ~ Mark Anthony
  • DAWUSSDAWUSS My homepagePosts: 517MI6 Agent
    Jeez, I'm not one to believe in curses but the film needs moving back to it's original November 7th release date. There has been 3 car accidents, a fire, Craig's lost a little bit of his finger and had 8 stitches in his face!
    A stuntman died filming FYEO, one got his legs chopped off in YOLT and I'm sure there's been much more accidents. Only today I realised how dangerous it would be to be in a Bond movie.

Just wait until some director decides to OD on CGI.
  • youknowmynameyouknowmyname Gainesville, FL, USAPosts: 703MI6 Agent
    DAWUSS wrote:

Just wait until some director decides to OD on CGI.

Wait...didnt that already happen? (youknowmname thinks of DAD). :v
    "We have all the time in the world..."
    2 accidents over a 46 year old franchaise - wow, deadly
    Well, there have been far more than that---such as the stuntman who crushed his pelvis filming the train scene for OP, etc.---but when you make a series of 22 action films, a percentage of stunts will go wrong.
    I love people calling it a curse, i doubt very much that the proportion of accidents on this film were significantly higher than on the average movie of this size