Thrilling Cities and Diamonds Smugglers

saint-antoinesaint-antoine CanadaPosts: 209MI6 Agent
I seem to remeber reading (maybe in this forum) that the Fleming books "Thrilling Cities" and "Diamonds Smugglers" sre scheduled for reprints soon... can anyone confirm this and when this might happen...

Comments

• QwertyQwerty New York, USAPosts: 73MI6 Agent
    Release dates are yet to be announced, but the official Ian Fleming centenary website does confirm they are coming sometime this year.
    ~ Nobody Knows Me Like You Know Me ~
  • Golrush007Golrush007 South AfricaPosts: 3,421Quartermasters
    I didn't know about these reprints. It's good news as I want to get Thrilling Cities.
  • Charmed & DangerousCharmed & Dangerous Posts: 7,358MI6 Agent
    edited September 2013
    Golrush007 wrote:
    I didn't know about these reprints. It's good news as I want to get Thrilling Cities.

Having searched in vain to get hold of a second- hand copy at reasonable price for ages, i was delighted that they were recently reprinted and now readily available:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Thrilling-Cities-Vintage-Classics-Fleming/dp/0099578182/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1379835493&sr=8-1&keywords=thrilling+cities

I just finished reading Thrilling Cities and it's a fascinating look at some of the world's iconic places written in Fleming's incomparable style. Interestingly, when talking about other nations and peoples, Fleming does acknowledge himself as being a little, umm, partisan about the British. But otherwise it's a great read, and his exuberant description of food, culture, experiences and history is just like a Bond novel at its best.
    "How was your lamb?" "Skewered. One sympathises."