can you recommend?

jamesm123jamesm123 LondonPosts: 182MI6 Agent
i have a ps2 but no bond games. which do you recommend i get. was thinking FRWL?
i only ever had the bond game on sega megadrive it was ace.

Comments

• sharpshootersharpshooter Posts: 164MI6 Agent
    Everything or Nothing is the best current Bond game out at the moment. I recommend for you to get that. Nightfire isn’t too bad either.
  • jamesm123jamesm123 LondonPosts: 182MI6 Agent
    thanks for that, will check it out. is from russia with love any good?
  • TonyDPTonyDP Inside the MonolithPosts: 4,280MI6 Agent
    FRWL is generally considered one of the weaker Bond games. While EA was able to get Sean Connery to do voiceover work for the game, he really sounded old and the gameplay wasn't nearly as fun or polished as in previous games.

I'd also say that Everything or Nothing is the best Bond game available for the PS2; Nightfire and Agent Under Fire are also fun games.
  • Walther PPKWalther PPK Posts: 180MI6 Agent
    In Nightfire you use both Walther pistols, depending on how you do in a given level you are awarded upgrades to your weapons and gadgets.

You start with the PPK, then upgrade to a gold plated PPK with enhanced stopping power, then you get the P99 which has both a laser sight and the option to mount a silencer as needed.

It was one of my favorite things about Nightfire, trying to get all the upgrades for everything, I still need a few before I have them all.

PS: Another game to pass on is Goldeneye: Rogue Agent, it is the most boring game I have ever played, all you do is kill hundreds upon hundreds of people, in some levels they respawn endlessly, and the Goldeneye powers are totaly useless unless you cheat like I did.
  • NightshooterNightshooter In bed with SolitairePosts: 2,917MI6 Agent
    You start with the PPK, then upgrade to a gold plated PPK with enhanced stopping power, then you get the P99 which has both a laser sight and the option to mount a silencer as needed.

There's a gold P99 as well.
  • hegottheboothegottheboot USAPosts: 327MI6 Agent
    Agent Under Fire is solid, but doesn't really feel like Bond-however you can pick it up cheap. 5/10
    Nightfire is fun but short, feels like bond-very limited though-also relatively cheap-7/10
    Everything or Nothing-still the best Bond game experience-rivals goldeneye64-and actually has a good story-10/10
    Rogue Agent has issues and isn't very satisfying, but if you can pick it up cheaply the gameplay does spice it up a bit-4/10.
    FRWL-you play as Connery in a stripped down EorN with better graphics that is set in the 60's. More limited but still fun-8/10.

Haven't played QoS for PS2 b/c I thought it would be extremely limited-does anyone know about this port?
  • NickNackNickNack Posts: 2MI6 Agent
    Yeah, Everything or Nothing is the class act of the PS2 Bond games. Highly recommended.
  • scottmu65scottmu65 Carlisle, Cumbria, UKPosts: 402MI6 Agent
    Nightfire is my personal favourite 'next-gen' Bond game, not played it on PS2, only XBOX but cant see there being much of a difference, The multiplayer is fantastic, especially after you unlock Oddjob and can use his hat as a weapon!

Everything or Nothing is ok, but to me nothing special, multiplayer was a huge dissapointment.

As for FRWL, I wouldn't waste your money, unless you can find it on ebay for around £1.
    http://www.classicbondforums.tk - Please support our community.
  • PPK 7.65mmPPK 7.65mm Saratoga Springs NY USAPosts: 1,229MI6 Agent
    I concur that Everything or Nothing is defiantly one of the best games since Goldeneye. It had all right elements of a good Bond game. Quantum of Solace you mite want to pass on as you do very little spying, and the camera view does not show all the bad guys resulting in you getting shot in the back a lot. Also the multiplayer is pretty spartan comepared other action games currently offered.
  • She´s had her kicksShe´s had her kicks York, UKPosts: 10MI6 Agent
    I recommend Nightfire, I loved that gamed and I am shocked at how I actually traded it in for cash at Gamestation, definetly want to buy it when I get home (I am on hols in Gran Canaria at the moment)

I also enjoyed Everything Or Nothing, thought not as much as Nightfire

:) I hope this helps
    "Toro? Sounds like a load of bull!"