Quantum of Solace Theme tune

Candice JoyceCandice Joyce Posts: 4MI6 Agent
Listen to my Quantum of Solace title track demo and tell me what you think.....
go to www.candicejoyce.co.uk

Look forward to hearing from you!

Comments

• Smoke_13Smoke_13 Kitchener Ont CanadaPosts: 285MI6 Agent
    You know what? I opened that link thinking, "Holy crap, here we go, another attempt by someone at a Bond theme that will be completely amateurish but we'll all have to politely praise." But in honesty, that was FANTASTIC! I love the song. Very, very, well done.

Thanks for sharing it with us.
  • JADE66JADE66 Posts: 238MI6 Agent
    Welcome to ajb007, Candice Joyce.

-{
  • scaramanga1scaramanga1 The English RivieraPosts: 845Chief of Staff
    I enjoyed that. Very well done. -{
  • FitzochrisFitzochris Posts: 242MI6 Agent
    If that was the theme song and this was the gunbarrel: http://youtube.com/watch?v=uBLozOsZUjQ

the film couldn't go wrong.
  • Mr MartiniMr Martini That nice house in the sky.Posts: 2,699MI6 Agent
    Fitzochris wrote:
    If that was the theme song and this was the gunbarrel: http://youtube.com/watch?v=uBLozOsZUjQ

the film couldn't go wrong.

Who made that gunbarrel? There's several DC gunbarrles on youtube and all look the same.
    Some people would complain even if you hang them with a new rope
  • FitzochrisFitzochris Posts: 242MI6 Agent
    Not sure who made it to be honest. I found it by chance and was blown away. The music is, in my opinion anyway, flawless. It just seems so suited to Daniel Craig's Bond.
  • HigginsHiggins GermanyPosts: 16,618MI6 Agent
    edited July 2008
    Hello Candice,

I have had the same feelings like smoke_13

Your song is brilliant, kind of homage to TSWLM"nobody does it better" to my taste.

However, I have strong doubts, that such a ballade will be appropriate for QoS. To my opinion, Daniel craig rocks, a young 007 with a fresh license to kill rocks and so, a 007 tune should also rock. "You know my name" has been absolutely perfect in this regard.

So, I'd rather hear something Chris Cornell-ish than a ballade, but yours is excellent.

Kind regards and hope that you don't mind for my honest opinion.
    President of the 'Misty Eyes Club'.

Dalton - the weak and weepy Bond!
  • s96024s96024 Posts: 1,519MI6 Agent
    I'd love to see something more obscure like this be a bond theme song. Very good!
  • LexiLexi LondonPosts: 3,000MI6 Agent
    Blimey, that is really good. I love the orchestral bit at the end, and I could actually see this as the theme song.

Amy Winehouse eat your heart out!
    She's worth whatever chaos she brings to the table and you know it. ~ Mark Anthony
  • division00division00 Posts: 9MI6 Agent
    Wow. That's very good. I'm actually pretty interested what influenced the lyrics and the music.
  • bondaholic007bondaholic007 LondonPosts: 878MI6 Agent
    Great Song
  • cmdr_bongcmdr_bong AustraliaPosts: 202MI6 Agent
    Fantastic effort! Excellent vocal work. You could've fooled me if you'd told me that was the 'Official' theme for QoS. Really captured the style and tone of the 21st century Bond.
  • Napoleon PluralNapoleon Plural LondonPosts: 10,308MI6 Agent
    Very good, a bit wordy perhaps and not the obvious chorus type thing. Then again, the words are good. Imaginative use of 'cold comfort' in there to make up for lack of title in the song. Superb vocals and orchestration/arrangement.
    "This is where we leave you Mr Bond."

Roger Moore 1927-2017
  • LoeffelholzLoeffelholz The United States, With LovePosts: 8,993Quartermasters
    Great song, Candice! {[]
    Check out my Amazon author page! Mark Loeffelholz
    "I am not an entrant in the Shakespeare Stakes." - Ian Fleming
    "Screw 'em." - Daniel Craig, The Best James Bond EverTM
  • taitytaity Posts: 702MI6 Agent
    the latest -Grace Jones will perform the title. Wowsers
  • Red IndianRed Indian BostonPosts: 427MI6 Agent
    Latest report is that Alicia Keys is going to sing the theme song. I'd bet on that.

http://www.eonline.com/uberblog/detail.jsp?contentId=e46861ca-6d24-46b8-9c30-c3f125af5b86
  • taitytaity Posts: 702MI6 Agent
    I dunno, I think theyre going to get another Chris Cornell - no one one suggesting his name when production started.

It will be someone out of left field, and not the typical sounding song from the 90s
  • Candice JoyceCandice Joyce Posts: 4MI6 Agent
    Thank you all so much for your views on my Bond Song....I'm thinking of releasing it independently to raise funds for Help for Heroes - a real life action heroes charity in UK. Can't wait for QoS - Thanks again for your response.