So is the blonde hair still a problem?

2»

Comments

• FitzochrisFitzochris Posts: 242MI6 Agent
    Craig doesn't like guns but Bond does. Craig is an actor playing Bond. Hence it doesn't matter whether Craig likes guns or not.
  • emtiememtiem SurreyPosts: 5,738MI6 Agent
    Lexi wrote:
    emtiem wrote:
    Well, maybe he doesn't like guns, but I'm not sure how anyone could interpret that as a bad thing! :)

From what I know of him, he really doesn't like Guns.

Quite right too- I'm not really sure how anybody can like guns.
    I'm not sure that even James Bond likes guns!
  • spidermanspiderman Posts: 20MI6 Agent
    edited July 2008
    Fitzochris wrote:
    Craig doesn't like guns but Bond does. Craig is an actor playing Bond. Hence it doesn't matter whether Craig likes guns or not.

Normal people don´t like guns in real life, psychos do like them

It just shows that Craig is intelligent

And I wouldn´t say that Bond likes guns, for him they are just necessary if he wants to work as a secret agent, don´t you think? :D

you eat food and you use fork and knife but you certainly don´t adore them, do you? :-)
  • LexiLexi LondonPosts: 3,000MI6 Agent
    spiderman wrote:

I'd be careful how you view your opinions on here Spiderman. There are some very nice people on here who very much like guns, and they certainly do not seem to be psychos, or unintelligent. It's all about how you use them.
    She's worth whatever chaos she brings to the table and you know it. ~ Mark Anthony
  • Dan SameDan Same Victoria, AustraliaPosts: 6,054MI6 Agent
    Lexi wrote:
    spiderman wrote:

I'd be careful how you view your opinions on here Spiderman. There are some very nice people on here who very much like guns, and they certainly do not seem to be psychos, or unintelligent. It's all about how you use them.
    Exactly. Liking guns or being interested in them does not mean that one likes killing. It's like owning a collection of cigarette lighters and not smoking.
    "He’s a man way out there in the blue, riding on a smile and a shoeshine. And when they start not smiling back—that’s an earthquake. and then you get yourself a couple of spots on your hat, and you’re finished. Nobody dast blame this man. A salesman is got to dream, boy. It comes with the territory." Death of a Salesman
  • Dan SameDan Same Victoria, AustraliaPosts: 6,054MI6 Agent
    edited July 2008
    emtiem wrote:
    I think that Asp9mm and 7289 may disagree with that. ;)
    emtiem wrote:
    I don't know. I do not believe that he enjoys killing (only doing so out of necessity, with a few exceptions), but I'm sure that he's interested about guns, whether or not he actually likes them.
    blueman wrote:
    guess I'm weird or something. {:)
    Yes, you're very weird. :p :))
    "He’s a man way out there in the blue, riding on a smile and a shoeshine. And when they start not smiling back—that’s an earthquake. and then you get yourself a couple of spots on your hat, and you’re finished. Nobody dast blame this man. A salesman is got to dream, boy. It comes with the territory." Death of a Salesman
  • HigginsHiggins GermanyPosts: 16,618MI6 Agent
    edited July 2008
    spiderman wrote:

Dan Same wrote:
    emtiem wrote:
    I think that Asp9mm and 7289 may disagree with that. ;)

At least Asp9mm qualifies to spiderman's definition ;)

It's not that much that he likes guns, it's more his arrogance and personality :D
    President of the 'Misty Eyes Club'.

Dalton - the weak and weepy Bond!
  • LoeffelholzLoeffelholz The United States, With LovePosts: 8,993Quartermasters
    edited July 2008
    emtiem wrote:
    Lexi wrote:
    emtiem wrote:
    Well, maybe he doesn't like guns, but I'm not sure how anyone could interpret that as a bad thing! :)

From what I know of him, he really doesn't like Guns.

I quite like guns---my own, of course! I like shooting them, cleaning them, and owning them. God preserve personal freedom {[] If that makes me a 'psycho'...well :v

As for Bond's perspective...he's got a job, and needs tools to accomplish it. Does a carpenter like his hammer? ;) Most likely, he doesn't think in those terms. He simply uses it to do his job, and leaves such ruminations to others.
    Check out my Amazon author page! Mark Loeffelholz
    "I am not an entrant in the Shakespeare Stakes." - Ian Fleming
    "Screw 'em." - Daniel Craig, The Best James Bond EverTM
  • 72897289 Beau DesertPosts: 1,691MI6 Agent
    edited July 2008
    And to think that earlier today I typed a response to emtiem's comments about Craig and guns, then deleted it because I don't feel a forum devoted to what we like about James Bond was the place to chew on the "gun debate".

I very much appreciate Dan Same, Lexi's and Bondtoys defense of myself and Asp9mm as not being killer psychos.

With respect to James Bond and guns. It is pretty well documented that Ian Fleming liked and appreciated firearms, his friendship and interest in Geoffery Boothroyd proves that. Fleming owned several pistols, he didn't like bird hunting. IF was a good marksman and carried a .25 automatic during WW2.

The charecter of James Bond is an expert marksman. He shoots highpower rifle trophy matches as well as combat shooting with handguns. He is the best shot in the service and cares enough about his hardware to customise it. Bond is very strongly attached to his .25 Beretta, and deeply resents it when "M" confiscates it.

But like any decent human being, Bond dislikes killing - be it with a judo chop, knife or pistol. Bond's profession requires that he defend himself and stop dangerous men from wrecking havoc. Despite this in "From a View to a Kill" oo7 is nearly killed by an enemy when he safes his pistol - not wanting to kill, and is subsequently jumped. A girl with a .22 target pistol saves his life.

I personally don't find DC's blonde hair to be all that distracting.
    edited July 2008
    Alessandra wrote:
    For me, it's not the blond hair in itself.. it's the whole picture! :)) Not tall, blond and (Lexi we're on opposite sides here) definitely unattractive. But more than that, what bothers me is he completely lacks style and class.

On a sidenote: DC is on the cover of the present german Vogue - ladies edition.
    First time ever that they chose a guy.
    http://www.vogue.de/vogue/cover/

I must admit, that I find the pic extremely bad

• LexiLexi LondonPosts: 3,000MI6 Agent
    Bondtoys wrote:
    I must admit, that I find the pic extremely bad

:o I have to toally agree with you. Shocking photo....Vogue, what have you done to my Daniel :#

Let's hope that the english Vogue don't use this one, just more reason to bash poor Danny :D
    She's worth whatever chaos she brings to the table and you know it. ~ Mark Anthony
  • spidermanspiderman Posts: 20MI6 Agent
    edited July 2008
    I don´t like the font "VOGUE" written across his forehead :D

But this is huge close-up photo, really unnatural, you can call that macro Craig :-) seems like the photographer stood 1 meter from Craig with wide lenses instead of beeing 5 metres away and and use zoom so the perspective is right

his wide nose is even more wider and he looks like boxer there :D
    yes, he looks a bit like Asp9mm on that pic.... on a good day

• Andy A 007Andy A 007 Posts: 199MI6 Agent
    edited July 2008
    The blonde hair wasn't a problem before so its not a problem now.

Daniel Craig IS James Bond!!!