Stunt Doubles

For fun I thought we could list some terrible stunt doubles from the Bond films. I can only think of a few at the moment:

1) The geezer playing Moore that gets pushed out of the plane at the start of Moonraker - he looks nothing like him and you can even see his tinted yellow shades! Such shoddy work I have always thought

2) Same scene, the geezer that plays Jaws with the bright white plastic teeth!

3) The bloke that acts a tiny part of the fight scene in YOLT as Bond where he fights the henchman near the Piranhas. You sort of see Bond from a distance and it so obviously isn't Connery. Why the hell is that? As I remember it wasn't a harsh or dangerous scene.

Can you think of any to add?

Comments

• Son Of BarbelSon Of Barbel Posts: 227MI6 Agent
    For fun I thought we could list some terrible stunt doubles from the Bond films. I can only think of a few at the moment:

1) The geezer playing Moore that gets pushed out of the plane at the start of Moonraker - he looks nothing like him and you can even see his tinted yellow shades! Such shoddy work I have always thought

2) Same scene, the geezer that plays Jaws with the bright white plastic teeth!

3) The bloke that acts a tiny part of the fight scene in YOLT as Bond where he fights the henchman near the Piranhas. You sort of see Bond from a distance and it so obviously isn't Connery. Why the hell is that? As I remember it wasn't a harsh or dangerous scene.

Can you think of any to add?

The guy playing Bond in YOLT scene is probably Bob Simmons, but I dont know who is in the Moonraker scenes. I didn't think it was too bad in the start of Moonraker but there were lots of bits in Octopussy and AVTAK where it obviously wasn't Roger Moore.
  • thenoisydrumthenoisydrum Posts: 84MI6 Agent
    Yes I heard that Rog didn't get paid too much from Octopussy and A View to a Kill as his total screen time for both movies was only about 24 minutes....
    There is one stunt man who did a lot of Roger's sequences that looked very convincing I always thought. For example when Bond is being chased in FYEO after Gonzales has been shot by Melina he opens a parasol and jumps of a ledge. The guy that does that is a good double.
  • Tilly Masterson 007Tilly Masterson 007 UKPosts: 1,472MI6 Agent
    I dont know who is in the Moonraker scenes.

I believe that was Martin Grace who doubled for Moore and Paul Weston who doubled for Kiel.
  • Son Of BarbelSon Of Barbel Posts: 227MI6 Agent
    Thanks!