Vesper in QOS?

72897289 Beau DesertPosts: 1,691MI6 Agent
Having seen the trailer, and noting with some surprise a shot of Vesper (sadly underwater) and hearng Mr. White mention her name. Is there any speculation how Ms. Green's charecter might return in QOS?

Bond films have never used flashbacks, with the exception of OHMSS, but no Bond film has ever been a "sequel" either.

While I am hoping for some unused outakes of Vesper in this film, what's the general feeling out there.

And Please "Dirty Feet" and "Chicken Legs" are out of bounds!!!!

Comments

• 72897289 Beau DesertPosts: 1,691MI6 Agent
    OOps!

Posted in the wrong forum! I guess I need to take "Posting 101", please move .....Thanks!
  • HardyboyHardyboy Posts: 5,885Chief of Staff
    7289 wrote:
    OOps!

Posted in the wrong forum! I guess I need to take "Posting 101", please move .....Thanks!

You got it!
    Vox clamantis in deserto
  • HigginsHiggins GermanyPosts: 16,618MI6 Agent
    edited July 2008
    Vesper underwater in the QoS trailer is clearly a flashback from CR

And from what Mr. White said, Vesper has is dead ("if she hadn't killed herself..") so why should she be back except with some backflashes?
    President of the 'Misty Eyes Club'.

Dalton - the weak and weepy Bond!
    That's it! Will we get some "backflashes" or will she merely be mentioned in dialog.

I am hoping for some visuals!
    ok, now I understand. My hopes are with yours! {[]

• Asp9mmAsp9mm Over the Hills and Far Away.Posts: 7,485MI6 Agent
    You have to explain things at least twice for him 7289, you should know that by now meditate.gif
    ..................Asp9mmSIG-1-2.jpg...............
    smilie033.gif

I don't mind the extra explanation, but I have to admit it took a minute to grasp "backflash" - a condition I always associated with older automobiles!

In all fairness with regard to Eva Green "backflash" could have another meaning.

;)
  • SIS7777SIS7777 Lots of different placesPosts: 45MI6 Agent
    Some visual flashbacks would be cool, it would help accentuate the effect it had on Bond. But they will most likely just be shots from CR. I haven't heard of Eva Green doing any additional film work for QoS.
    It was suggested after CR came out that she would make some kind of apperance in QOS, prehaps in a recorded message.

Green herself alluded to this in a couple of interviews. It such a thing is to happen, it would most likely be filmed or recorded in post production.
    7289 wrote:
    I don't mind the extra explanation, but I have to admit it took a minute to grasp "backflash" - a condition I always associated with older automobiles!

In all fairness with regard to Eva Green "backflash" could have another meaning.

;)
    I would not mind some back-flashes from Eva Green either :D

• division00division00 Posts: 9MI6 Agent
    I don't think that she will appear in QOS. According to... somewhere (I forget), it has been said that she would be alluded to during the movie, but she would not appear, even in flashbacks. At the moment, imdb does not list her in the cast for QOS.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0830515/fullcredits#cast

Of course, nothing is written in stone.
  • Mr MartiniMr Martini That nice house in the sky.Posts: 2,699MI6 Agent
    edited July 2008
    Whoops. Sorry, found the topic I was looking for.
    Some people would complain even if you hang them with a new rope
  • taitytaity Posts: 702MI6 Agent
    I dont like flashbacks/backflashes - they feel cheap and tacky. They should only be used to explain what a character's motivation is at times, however we already know what Bond's motivation is. So why cheapen it to show us it again. If anything, Id like for Bond to keep a memento of her, something like one of the shells in her bag. That way whenever he needs motivation, we see him looking all teary eyed/angry at that and we know that hes thinking of Vesper
  • youknowmynameyouknowmyname Gainesville, FL, USAPosts: 703MI6 Agent
    I for the most part agree (although Bourne used flashbacks well enough). I hope that the flashback was only a trailer piece and that it wont be used in QOS.

I reckon that there will be no cameo from Green in either visual or audio form. In some interview she said there would be no such thing.
    "We have all the time in the world..."
    I was also speculating that the "love knot" necklace will be back.

That could work as well as a "backflash".
  • youknowmynameyouknowmyname Gainesville, FL, USAPosts: 703MI6 Agent
    love knot? does Bond have that at the end of CR? i can't remember. ?:)
    "We have all the time in the world..."
  • SIS7777SIS7777 Lots of different placesPosts: 45MI6 Agent
    Its in the bag of things that Bond is about to throw overboard the Sunseeker right after talking to M. While there is a chance that he decides to hang on to those 'memories' after realizing that Vesper left him a clue, I don't think that is the case. Nor would there be any reason for him to do so.
    Seems that there is a run of opinion that Vesper should be absent from QOS .... interesting.

It seems that the producers are (maybe) trying to correct the horrible error they made in DAF, in which no mention of the previous film and Diana Rigg occurred.

Somehow I can see the idea of Bond losing his head over Vesper (and a later resignation) being jammed down his throat at HQ as unprofessional, thus causing him alot of anger and grief.