Bond cars (and girls!) on show at Goodwood

emtiememtiem SurreyPosts: 5,723MI6 Agent
I went to the always wonderful Goodwood Festival of Speed today- so much incredible and rare stuff to see (my favourite was probably the incredible slow fly past from the Airbus A380- amazing), but the stuff I thought you chaps might like was the surprise corner of the Style Et Luxe area which was filled with James Bond 007's motors! And then, just to add a bit of glamour, a load of very sexy Bond girls appeared and posed with the cars! Lovely.

DADaston1.jpg
DADaston2.jpg
TLDaston1.jpg
TLDaston2.jpg
goldengirls1.jpg
goldengirls2.jpg
lotus1.jpg
lotus2.jpg
lotusT1.jpg
show.jpg
toyota1.jpg
toyota2.jpg

(Saying that, some of them are in a right old state: the Spy Who Loved Me Lotus has trim falling off and wheels in desperate need of a re-furb, and the Living Daylights Aston is covered in dents and scratches and has very dull paintwork in need of TLC, nevermind TLD).

Oh and, not strictly a Bond car, but also putting in an appearance:

dbs-1.jpg

Comments

• Tilly Masterson 007Tilly Masterson 007 UKPosts: 1,472MI6 Agent
    Nice photos there!

Were the cars the originals or replicas?

Looked to be a good day out.
  • emtiememtiem SurreyPosts: 5,723MI6 Agent
    Oh there was a lot more there to make it a good day out!

Most of the cars came from the Cars of the Stars Museum, so are originals: the TSWLM Lotus and TLD Aston in particular are showing their age a bit and are a bit beaten up. The TLD Aston may be a show car, but would have come from the movie producers even if it wasn't actually in the film.
    The DB5 is from somewhere in Switzerland- it's certainly not the main car from Goldfinger but may be one of the other ones with gadgets added on, I'm not sure.
    Not certain about the Toyota, either: they only made one or two for the film, didn't they? Not sure Toyota would have let those go.
  • Sir MilesSir Miles The Wrong Side Of The WardrobePosts: 26,606Chief of Staff
    Great piccys - looks like you had a high old time -{

Thanks for sharing.
    YNWA 97
  • Gebruder GumboldGebruder Gumbold San FranciscoPosts: 541MI6 Agent
    Superb, and thanks for sharing! A nice touch having the girls in relevant dress. I liked the YOLT and GF girls the best. Who cares if they were actually the film seen cars, or not, it's just great to see any Bond cars out there! I am shipping my 1969 DBS that I have just purchased in the UK back home to Ca, to begin restoration. Will have it ready for OHMSS 40th next year, complete with sniper rifle in glovebox.
  • Mark HazardMark Hazard West Midlands, UKPosts: 495MI6 Agent
    edited July 2008
    emtiem wrote:
    Oh there was a lot more there to make it a good day out!

Most of the cars came from the Cars of the Stars Museum, so are originals: the TSWLM Lotus and TLD Aston in particular are showing their age a bit and are a bit beaten up. The TLD Aston may be a show car, but would have come from the movie producers even if it wasn't actually in the film.
    The DB5 is from somewhere in Switzerland- it's certainly not the main car from Goldfinger but may be one of the other ones with gadgets added on, I'm not sure.
    Not certain about the Toyota, either: they only made one or two for the film, didn't they? Not sure Toyota would have let those go.

I understand that all but the DB5 came from Cars of The Stars, the DB5 being one of the 1960s promo cars that now resides in Holland.

Like the original, the Toyota started life as a hard-top, CoTS removed the roof and then proceeded to dress it up as a replica - with some original parts.

Nice to see that you managed to get some of the cars into the pics too :))

Shame that I missed the show, but was watching the likes of P51 Mustangs beating up Duxford airfield.