Non EU Bond fan in a quandry

discovolantediscovolante los angeles ca usaPosts: 66MI6 Agent
As we all know, Qos will be premiering on Oct. 31 in Europe, But 1 week later Nov. 7 for those of us here in North America. I live in L.A., home of Sony studios and I have to wait a week. My question to other non-European JB fans is this: what will you do for that 1 week until we can see the movie? I think AJB007 is out of the question because it will be 1 spoiler after another, and I would like some surprises when I go into the theater. In fact, the internet as a whole may be off-limits for me. I wouldn't be shocked to see bootleg DVDs on the streets of L.A. before Nov. 7. No joke, there's already bootleg versions of The Dark Knight. Just go to Olympic Blvd and Alameda St in downtown L.A. You'll find it.;) I guess I'll put my head in the sand for a week and try to have some surprises with QOS.

Comments

• SIS7777SIS7777 Lots of different placesPosts: 45MI6 Agent
    Actually its only Oct.31 in the UK. But being that this is a UK site, I see your problem. I know that a majority of the major posters on this forum will take into consideration their good fortune at the early release and kindly put *spoiler alert* on any posts concerning unknown plot points before the major release. We have a good group of people here, so i hope i don't have to in effect boycott the site for a week.
  • DAWUSSDAWUSS My homepagePosts: 517MI6 Agent
    You may be able to find a bootleg somewhere starting the 1st. :v

I mean, what, those CR bootlegs came out pretty early
  • LoeffelholzLoeffelholz The United States, With LovePosts: 8,994Quartermasters
    edited July 2008
    This is going to be interesting...

I'm widely known to be immune to spoilers, since I generally spend quite a bit of effort during production to uncover everything possible about an upcoming Bond...but, since I've not had the opportunity to read the script (this time :v ), there are a few stubborn things I still don't know.

By the time I---as an American Bond fan, living in the Midwestern U.S.A.---finally get to see QoS, on opening night (7th November 2008), there will have been seven days of reviews (and slagging) on AJB and the other sites. A seven-day sabbatical might just be well-advised :#

The British Anti-Craig Association really hold the high ground on this one, sadly, for the first calendar week of the film's release. Any hope of counter-balance during this time will have to come from the box office... :v
    Check out my Amazon author page! Mark Loeffelholz
    "I am not an entrant in the Shakespeare Stakes." - Ian Fleming
    "Screw 'em." - Daniel Craig, The Best James Bond EverTM
  • 72897289 Beau DesertPosts: 1,691MI6 Agent
    I'm hoping that the USA will get some "sneak previews" around Oct. 31 .... if not I will be hiding from TV and the Internet!
  • HardyboyHardyboy Posts: 5,886Chief of Staff
    Just stay out of the QoS forum for the week--it's not that everyone will be posting spoilerific threads in the Off-Topic forum or in the General James Bond Chat (at least they'd better not :v !). As it is, I've pretty well decided to leave my moderating duties in the QoS forum to the British mods during that time, even though I'm sure that SiCo will create both a thread for reviews with spoilers and those that are spoiler free. It's a sacrifice I'm willing to make.
    Vox clamantis in deserto
  • FitzochrisFitzochris Posts: 242MI6 Agent
    Will you want to know if the traditional gunbarrel has returned or not? :D

If I had to wait a week, that's the only thing I'd want to know in advance. I'd like to be surprised by the rest.

It's going to be tough getting a cinema seat here in the UK on Oct 31, that's for sure.
  • positivelyshockingpositivelyshocking Posts: 53MI6 Agent
    Not trying to be a killjoy but why would you want to pick up a bootleg dvd of QOS?

It's not just illegal, it's pointless, the film content won't change in a week and by that time you could have seen it on a cinema screen, the way it was intended to be seen.

Stop buying bootleg/pirate dvd's!
  • Napoleon PluralNapoleon Plural LondonPosts: 10,323MI6 Agent
    Of course, ps has a vested interest in cinema sales! :))

Welcome back ps, long time no see.
    "This is where we leave you Mr Bond."

Roger Moore 1927-2017
  • discovolantediscovolante los angeles ca usaPosts: 66MI6 Agent
    positivelyshocking, I wasn't saying I would buy a bootleg copy of QoS, I was merely saying that you would probably be able to find it here in the US before the actual release date. I absolutely don't condone boolegs. I've worked at a major studio for 12 years now, ever since I started interning here in college. I'm only in the accounting department, nothing fancy, but I am employed in the entertainment industry none the less. Trust me, I know how illegal downloads and pirate dvds are nothing more than stealing.
  • C_WalkenC_Walken Posts: 125MI6 Agent
    I may have to quarantine myself from this site for a week.

however - I know im going to want to look, and read, and gather as much information as I can before I see the movie - even if it spoils it. I cant help myself!