ROGER MOORE LECTURE AND BOOK SIGNING

DOUBLE-00DOUBLE-00 ESSEX, ENGLANDPosts: 165MI6 Agent
Anyone else going to this great event at the national theatre in London on 16th October to see the great man . Tickets are only £3.50.

Comments

• Tilly Masterson 007Tilly Masterson 007 UKPosts: 1,472MI6 Agent
    I booked my ticket weeks ago!

Cannot wait!
  • stjimmy456stjimmy456 Manchester, EnglandPosts: 75MI6 Agent
    £3.50! Wow ! I hope it's the Roger Moore :007)
  • Smithers500Smithers500 Spectre IslandPosts: 1,341MI6 Agent
    I've booked a ticket for myself and my other half - will be great to meet Sir Roger at the book signing!

Does anyone have any idea if the NFT allow other items to be signed at these sort of events?
    Japanese proverb say, "Bird never make nest in bare tree".
    I'm not sure, maybe they will be pre-signed and then put on a table for people to buy.......
  • A7ceA7ce Birmingham, EnglandPosts: 655MI6 Agent
  • LoeffelholzLoeffelholz The United States, With LovePosts: 8,991Quartermasters
    I envy my British friends such an opportunity...He might not be my favourite Bond, but I'd stand in line for a good long while to shake his hand.

I hope the turnout is fantastic, and that his book sells like gangbusters.
    Check out my Amazon author page! Mark Loeffelholz
    "I am not an entrant in the Shakespeare Stakes." - Ian Fleming
    "Screw 'em." - Daniel Craig, The Best James Bond EverTM
    Absolutely, Loeffelholz.

I'm sure this will very easily be a sell out, because Roger doesn't really do booksignings etc, so this is a great opportunity to meet the man himself!

Roll on October!
  • emtiememtiem SurreyPosts: 5,723MI6 Agent
    Indeed- I think he's also signing at Waterstones Piccadilly on the 15th of October, then he's at Bluewater and then Norwich- these are from memory, though, so it's probably best to check his website.
  • 72897289 Beau DesertPosts: 1,691MI6 Agent
    If you can go to this event do so!

I saw Cary Grant at one of his last personal appearances, and it was a wonderful evening! That guy had alot of class, talent and humour!

I am sure that Roger Moore will be just as interesting!
    Well let's not hope that this is one of his last appearances!
  • The SaintThe Saint Posts: 1MI6 Agent
    I am sure, it will be a memorable event. Please share your stories with us. I was luck enough to see Sir Roger last year when he performed here in Budapest with the National Orchestra. Unfortunately there was not any signing or meeting with him. Is there a kind soul who could have a book signed for me? (all cost covered of course + a drink on me :-)
    The show has now sold out which is not surprising!
  • sirdavidsirdavid Posts: 3MI6 Agent
    Wow! What a great event. Sir Roger was on top form. Emma Forbes was fantastic moderating the event. Much better than Jonny Ross' interview imho. Good to see Dave Worrall, Deborah Moore, Gareth Owen, Mike Smith etc...
    Hilarious stuff- he was great. Fantastic to meet him if only for a brief moment.

It's the second time I've been to an interview with him this week! Saw him just in the next building (the BFI) on Monday for an equally fantastic interview- he's on great form at the moment.
  • LOO7K OUTLOO7K OUT United KingdomPosts: 474MI6 Agent
    I agree, great evening. WELL worth the ticket price. Wonderful to meet the great Roger Moore at last. B-)

Duncan
  • Lazenby880Lazenby880 LondonPosts: 525MI6 Agent
    edited October 2008
    Ditto - it was a fantastic evening. Roger Moore is an incredibly self-deprecating and witty anecdote teller with nothing bad to say about anyone (apart from David Niven's wife). His stories were excellent and he really was on top form. Well worth the £3.50.
  • DOUBLE-00DOUBLE-00 ESSEX, ENGLANDPosts: 165MI6 Agent
    Another great lecture from Sir Roger and it was really great to see him signing his book, even if it was brief, i`m sure this was so he can meet as many people personally as possible, what a great guy.Managed to pick up a couple of pre signed books at Waterstones, Piccadilly for £9.99 each.The BFI still have quite a few signed editions for £15 if you`re quick.
  • Disco VolanteDisco Volante Surrey, EnglandPosts: 543MI6 Agent
    I too greatly enjoyed the event and it was nice to finally meet up with Tilly Masterson from this site (have a safe journey back to Scotland Jamie!).

I couldn't believe how beautiful Emma Forbes still is! What a cracker, and a wonderful mediator!
  • GumboldGumbold LondonPosts: 102MI6 Agent
    A very special evening – what a gentleman Roger is and it was a privilege to shake his hand.

EMMA FORBES: I understand you met Elvis, and he called you 'Sir'?
    SIR ROGER: Yes, and quite right too.
    Gumbold wrote:
    A very special evening – what a gentleman Roger is and it was a privilege to shake his hand.

EMMA FORBES: I understand you met Elvis, and he called you 'Sir'?
    SIR ROGER: Yes, and quite right too.

That had me, and the whole theatre I must add, in stitches. That talk went so quickly, I could have listened to him for hours and never have got bored.

Duncan
    I have to say that I wish I knew that so many AJB members were going, would have been great to meet up and have a pint and a chat.

Mind you, I may have chatted to you and not known it.

Duncan
    It was a fantastic night, but by the time I got to the table, the book had sold out but I picked up the audio CD and had that signed by the great man himself............with a handshake too!!

I pre-ordered the book from Bondstars before the show, so in theory I do/will have a copy of his book.

Emma Forbes was a real stunner.....yum yum!! :x

And good to meet up with "Disco Volante" was a pleasure meeting you Andy! {[] :)
  • Disco VolanteDisco Volante Surrey, EnglandPosts: 543MI6 Agent
    Sorry we didn't managed to catch up afterwards Jamie but great to see you. We'll hve another beer at the next event!!!
    Absolutely Andy!

It was just chaos around the signing perimeter with lines and lines of people queuing literally around the building!

Goodness knows just how many signatures poor Roger gave out on Thursday......he's bound to have wrist ache! :))

Nice to see his wife Kristina sat next to him, she is a very glamorous lady indeed.

I managed to get my question answered on stage by Roger PLUS a handshake at the signing, it was a remarkable night and Roger still has his incesant sense of humour! :D
  • Danny-BoyDanny-Boy Posts: 26MI6 Agent
    It was a great evening! :D

Sir Roger was on playful, raucous, top form! - especially reguarding the woman doing signing!! ;) :))

Thankfully I thought ahead, and bought the book from their bookshop, minutes before the talk, as I would have been out of luck later, as they ran out of copies, by the time they got to my part of the queue! :o - PHEW!

I thanked Sir Roger for his Bond films, telling him that they had meant a lot to me over the years - he seemed genuinely surprised by this praise!,
    I also said that I'd been a Bond-Fan for 30 years, and that he's my favourite Bond,
    he shook my hand, and said: "Well, thank you!" :D

God love the man!, 81 years, and still going strong! :007)