Has this happened yet to anyone

So a few times that i brought QOS either the game or movie up in a conversation with my friends they just go "what?" and only until i rephrase it and say "the new James Bond movie/game" do they get it, has this happened to anyone else?

Comments

• StrangewaysStrangeways London, UKPosts: 1,469MI6 Agent
    No, certainly not!
    All my friends/colleagues know what Quantum of Solace is! They should do...I mention it often emough!!

LOL :))
  • i expect u2 diei expect u2 die LondonPosts: 583MI6 Agent
    No, certainly not!
    All my friends/colleagues know what Quantum of Solace is! They should do...I mention it often emough!!

LOL :))

Same here - I talk about Bond so much around my friends that they all know what 'Quantum of Solace' means. But in conversation elsewhere, I find people bemused. I took a picture of Daniel Craig to the hairdresser, and she had no idea who he was... :(|)
  • SeanConnery007SeanConnery007 The Bond Archive - London, EngPosts: 169MI6 Agent
    For me its usually the other way around. Friends know I'm the person to come to with anything James Bond related, so I've found many people coming up and asking 'what do you think of the next Bond film?' - they never use the title and I have to reply 'Quantum Of Solace'.
    Though clearly the title is a little obscure, I think for generally film audiences this is not a problem, people have always generally termed it 'the next Bond film' in my experience.
    Nobody Writes Threads Better.
  • LexiLexi LondonPosts: 3,000MI6 Agent
    So a few times that i brought QOS either the game or movie up in a conversation with my friends they just go "what?" and only until i rephrase it and say "the new James Bond movie/game" do they get it, has this happened to anyone else?

yes. I guess I'm much more into JB (or rather DC ;)) than most of my friends. I don't say QoS anymore, I just say "the next bond film" it makes it easier (and less frustrating!)

That's probably why I like it here so much, I'm surrounded by fellow Bond appreciators :007) (is that even a word?)
    She's worth whatever chaos she brings to the table and you know it. ~ Mark Anthony
  • PendragonPendragon ColoradoPosts: 2,640MI6 Agent
    people are usually asking me what I think of anything Bond related...and I can't ever use movie initials with most of my friends, 'cause I'm the only one who watches Bond...

~Pen -{
    Hey! Observer! You trying to get yourself Killed?

mountainburdphotography.wordpress.com
  • A7ceA7ce Birmingham, EnglandPosts: 655MI6 Agent
    Same as Lexi, ' have to say 'next Bond film'.

Then they might say, 'oh yeah it's got some weird title hasn't it, what is it called again'

Crikey, it's only 3 words that you have to remember
  • TylerTyler Posts: 184MI6 Agent
    It does suck as a title though
    Never fear the event
    Tyler wrote:
    It does suck as a title though

oooh I totally disagree, but this is discussed here...
    http://www.ajb007.co.uk/index.php?topic=29995

prob best left there!
    She's worth whatever chaos she brings to the table and you know it. ~ Mark Anthony
  • walther p99walther p99 NJPosts: 3,416MI6 Agent
    something else i also noticed is that not many people know who Daniel Craig is, they just say "the new Bond" or "that blonde guy", but of course this is just what ive noticed and doesnt include the world haha
    something else i also noticed is that not many people know who Daniel Craig is, they just say "the new Bond" or "that blonde guy", but of course this is just what ive noticed and doesnt include the world haha

I know, :# which is a shame as he has done some great movies. Enduring love was excellent as was the hugely underated Layer Cake, which IMO really is one of his best films. (And there is a great scene in it where he takes a gun off a friends gun rack and does a really steriotypical Bond pose as he is walking around a corner in an apartment. This was shot way before another Bond was being looked for and that image then prefigures the later role of Bond.)

However, having said that, selfishly, I'm kinda glad he hasn't been catapulted into superstardom, for one, it's something he really doesn't want, but two, it keeps my dream alive! :x However, if QoS is as good as I'm hoping, and he continues in the role for at least 1 if not 2 more movies, I think his popularity and exposure will make him a more household name.