QOS title

double0seven7double0seven7 Posts: 23MI6 Agent
Can someone post the link to where the producers explained the meaning behind "Quantum of Solace"?

Or someone explain it for me? I can't remember exactly how they put it...

Comments

• LexiLexi LondonPosts: 3,000MI6 Agent
    Here is why it's called QoS

The title is taken from a short story by creator Ian Fleming which was part of the For Your Eyes Only collection in 1960.

Few clues have been given about the film plot, but the written version has no super-villains, guns, or global conspiracies. It centres around a dinner party conversation in the Bahamas between Bond and the Colonial Governor.

Bond is told of a young Diplomatic Service man who marries a flight attendant. When she becomes disillusioned with her life she begins a blatant affair which ruins her husband.

He retaliates by ruthlessly crushing her spirit over the course of a year, leaving her financially and emotionally ruined.

The crux is the emotional phenomenon the Governor calls the Quantum of Solace, the smallest unit of human compassion that two people can have. As long as that compassion exists, people can survive, but when it is gone, when your partner no longer cares about your essential humanity, the relationship is over.

Bond becomes depressed by the story as he realises he is alone, and that no one in the world has a "Quantum of Solace" for him.

Filming on Quantum of Solace began in November 2007 and it will be released in the UK on November 7 2008.

Funnily enough, if you just paste in Quantum of Solace into your web browser...you get info! ;)
    She's worth whatever chaos she brings to the table and you know it. ~ Mark Anthony
  • double0seven7double0seven7 Posts: 23MI6 Agent
    Thanks love, I appreciate the help {[]