Who would you like to play the next villain?

Apologies if this has been asked numerous times before.

Who would you like to play the next Bond villain in Bond 23?

I would like to see Terence Stamp play a villain because he just has that physical menacing aura about him.........

00000369642007011215370nl0.jpg

Comments

• Herr MichaelHerr Michael Posts: 360MI6 Agent
    Anthony Hopkins.
  • Number24Number24 NorwayPosts: 21,871MI6 Agent
    Mikael Persbrandt. A very good swedish actor, but somehow he still always comes across like a arrogant b****rd. He is also tall and can easily look menacing.

http://www.filmlance.se/press/persbrandt9182003105438AM_148.JPG
  • jamesfanjamesfan Posts: 56MI6 Agent
    Bill Gates ?
  • LOO7K OUTLOO7K OUT United KingdomPosts: 474MI6 Agent
    It'll never happen but I would love to see Christian Bale as a Bond Villain.

Great actor and just imagine the fight between him and Daniel Craig.

Duncan
  • ant007ukant007uk Great BritainPosts: 67MI6 Agent
    Surely, there can be only one choice to this question, and to why it hasn't happened yet, is beyond me. My wish is for Gary Oldman to be a Bond Villian.
  • LoeffelholzLoeffelholz The United States, With LovePosts: 8,994Quartermasters
    edited August 2008
    I'd certainly like to see them go back to an older, twisted "father figure" take on a Bond villain; they've not done that for some time now.

David Suchet would be good. So would Terence Stamp---although just having been the baddie in Get Smart might work against his prospects. Many of the same actors people have been talking about as a male replacement for M would also make excellent choices for villains, IMO.
    Check out my Amazon author page! Mark Loeffelholz
    "I am not an entrant in the Shakespeare Stakes." - Ian Fleming
    "Screw 'em." - Daniel Craig, The Best James Bond EverTM
  • 72897289 Beau DesertPosts: 1,691MI6 Agent
    While I would like to see Michael Gambon as "M". he could do the villian part very well... sadly these days he is seen as "Dumbledore" and that puts him out of contention.

The "twisted father figure" villian, has never really been very well done in the films. I think Curt Jurgens was probably the oldest villian- but with his "fishy" hands not much of a father -figure. The bald villian in a Mao jacket is, not very paternal either.

Too often Bond faces an bad guy who is equal to him in age and social status. The best villian for me will always be the unseen Blofeld of FRWL and TB.

Of course while Moore was Bond he was the oldest member of the cast, finding a father figure for him would have been a real challenge ..... ;)
  • LoeffelholzLoeffelholz The United States, With LovePosts: 8,994Quartermasters
    I guess I was thinking more in terms of the books. Le Chiffre was an excellent opportunity for them to have really done the father figure thing justice; he really kind of was in the novel---dismissing Bond as a child caught up in a game of 'red indians,' etc.---most of the classic literary villains fell into this category. Still, though I wasn't happy with Mad Mikkelson being cast early on, ultimately it worked and the film was a success, so...

Early on, I thought the films did this well: Doctor No and Goldfinger are the two best examples...but I'd assert that Blofeld also falls into this category to a lesser degree, Nehru jacket or not ;)

I continue to hope that Mr. Green isn't the very top of this "organization's" pyramid, and that we'll get a more classical-style villain in a third Craig picture. Then again, they've not followed very many of my suggestions...only a couple of the more important ones :v
    Check out my Amazon author page! Mark Loeffelholz
    "I am not an entrant in the Shakespeare Stakes." - Ian Fleming
    "Screw 'em." - Daniel Craig, The Best James Bond EverTM
  • HardyboyHardyboy Posts: 5,886Chief of Staff
    I certainly agree with Loeff that it would be great to see another dragon-with-daddy-overtones, and I believe there are a lot of actors out there who can play that type. But, still, I'm going to stick with my old line: I want the filmmakers to start with a great villainous character, then cast the right actor to do justice to the part.
    Vox clamantis in deserto
  • Son Of BarbelSon Of Barbel Posts: 227MI6 Agent
    ant007uk wrote:
    Surely, there can be only one choice to this question, and to why it hasn't happened yet, is beyond me. My wish is for Gary Oldman to be a Bond Villian.

Definitely agreed. Gary Oldman is long overdue for Bond villainhood.
  • 72897289 Beau DesertPosts: 1,691MI6 Agent
    Oldman really seems similiar to Mr. Green in his looks, and might well turn out to be in the same vein as CR06's LeChiffe.

Outside of actuall using a Fleming original, finding a great villian IS the challenge. Looking around for inspiration in our world today - events are seemingly shaped by nameless men sitting in plush boardrooms.

Prehaps that is the key to the organization Bond is fighting now. I am especially excited by the notion expressed in the trailer by Mr. White "we have people EVERYWHERE". It's pretty spooky for Bond to discover that he was betrayed by his lover, fellow agents and has nowhere to turn for .... solace?
  • JADE66JADE66 Posts: 238MI6 Agent
    Stellan Skaarsgard. Now, there's a villain.:v
  • FitzochrisFitzochris Posts: 242MI6 Agent
    Tamer Hassan would make a mean henchman and it would reunite him and Craig after Layer Cake.