Did Morzeny Kick The Right Person?

Sir Hillary BraySir Hillary Bray College of ArmsPosts: 2,174MI6 Agent
Well yes, technically he did, inasmuch as he kicked who Blofeld told him to kick. So, let me rephrase: Did Blofeld properly put the blame on Kronsteen, or should it have fallen on Klebb? I have my thoughts, but will save them for later. Please provide yours.
Hilly...you old devil!

Comments

• KronsteenKronsteen Posts: 28MI6 Agent
    This has always puzzled me.

Kronsteen and Klebb try put the blame on each other. At the end of the argument though it appears that the plan was flawless and that the execution failed, and Klebb is clearly expecting the kick, so I would say that this was a trick on the audience, who expected her to get the boot.
  • Napoleon PluralNapoleon Plural LondonPosts: 10,304MI6 Agent
    edited August 2008
    No, Klebb had it coming. She only avoided it because Blofeld clearly had an eye for the ladies, a touch of the Sir Alan about him (the UK's Apprentice, non-UK ajbers!).

Klebb's plan was pretty good, though in all honesty a bit flawed, a bit glibb. How did he know the British would take the bait? "Because the British cannot resist a trap..." he replies nonchalently. Oh, right.

It's Red Grant's misdemeanor that unravels the plan, his eagerness to grab Bond's gold sovereigns. You never saw Klebb quiz Grant about his character, she just tests his physique with a knuckle duster. Hardly rigorous! It was Grant's character flaw that messed up Spectre's plan and Klebb's assertion that 'it was your instructions, we followed it implicitly' was untrue (though in fairness, she didn't know that). Maybe GRant was being paid below minimum wage too, hence his greed for gold.

But what a wonderful, lingering death by Kronsteen.

Edit: hello, Kronsteen's on line! Perhaps he can give his opinion... :D
    "This is where we leave you Mr Bond."

Roger Moore 1927-2017
  • KronsteenKronsteen Posts: 28MI6 Agent
    No, Klebb had it coming.

Edit: hello, Kronsteen's on line! Perhaps he can give his opinion... :D

Of course my plan was perfect, and Morzeny's punishment for killing me was to return as General Gogol later on :))
  • Sir Hillary BraySir Hillary Bray College of ArmsPosts: 2,174MI6 Agent
    Yep, it should have been Klebb who got the boot. Hiring a man described as a "homicidal paranoic" to to a job that requires keeping your wits while completely unsupervised? Not so smart. What Klebb should have done, upon hearing Morzeny describe him this way, was shoot Morzeny on sight for wasting her time!

Clearly, Blofeld had a change of heart a few years later, when he ordered Count Lippe murdered for a similarly unwise choice of operative. :D
    Hilly...you old devil!
  • Napoleon PluralNapoleon Plural LondonPosts: 10,304MI6 Agent
    Blofeld (Sir Alan): Between the two of you, you've cocked this task up completely! I ask you -
    Kronsteen: Sir Ernst, if I may butt in at this point. Rosa had a very domineering attitude, she was very brusque. There's was nothing wrong with the plan, it was the way she executed it.
    Blofeld: Well, it was the only thing she did execute, sure as there's a hole in my ar$e! Rosa - what have you got to say?
    Klebb: Sir Enrst, I'm really sorry.
    Blofeld: You came to me, on your first day, you said, I can do great things at Spectre! I won't let you down, Sir Ernst. Do I LOOK like an idiot? Have you any IDEA how much money you've wasted? The other team, Mr Big's Muthers they've managed to wipe out three agents before the precredits! You, on the other, hand, have just one agent to wipe out and you can't even manage that...
    Klebb: With respect, Sir Alan...
    Blofeld: And what's all this rubbish about filming him getting some action, thinking you can blackmail him? What sort of plan is that? How much money do you think that will generate?
    Kronsteen: Cooking dope in the jungle is nothing special.
    Blofeld: But team B is the one knocking back champagne in Harlem as we speak. The plan was flawed from the start (Rosa looks smug). I don't know what you were thinking.
    Pause, scratching, pretending to deliberate.
    Blofeld: Overall, it was a very disappointing performance. I've had to decide, Rosa, I had high hopes for you but you just haven't followed through. You can go back and rejoin your baby (Rosa starts sniffling sentimentally), who I had assassinated earlier in the day... Rosa, you're fired! (Pushes button, Rosa drops through a trapdoor to certain demise).
    "This is where we leave you Mr Bond."

Roger Moore 1927-2017