NO SPOILERS: But how much is known?

Hey, I don't want anyone reeling off what actaully is known.

But GENERALLY speaking, I've not heard of a script being out on line or any leaked footage or aintitcool stuff yet. And it's quite far advanced. Nor any raves or scorn about the way this is going.

Or have I successfully kept out of the loop on this? Just musing. Has anyone read the script yet? Simple yeah or neah, thumbs up or thumbs down will suffice.
"This is where we leave you Mr Bond."

Roger Moore 1927-2017

Comments

• LexiLexi LondonPosts: 3,000MI6 Agent
    well a friend of mine went to Cannes, and he got an invitation only sneak 20 min preview.

Thumbs up according to him! :007)
    She's worth whatever chaos she brings to the table and you know it. ~ Mark Anthony
  • taitytaity Posts: 702MI6 Agent
    Hey, I don't want anyone reeling off what actaully is known.

But GENERALLY speaking, I've not heard of a script being out on line or any leaked footage or aintitcool stuff yet. And it's quite far advanced. Nor any raves or scorn about the way this is going.

Or have I successfully kept out of the loop on this? Just musing. Has anyone read the script yet? Simple yeah or neah, thumbs up or thumbs down will suffice.

Experience tells me that alot of these big movies are kept very well hidden from the light of day for as long as the producers can. And the Bond producers have had alot of practice doing just that. They managed to shock alot of people with Vesper's death, even though it was in the novel made 50 years before it.

Something tells me that there will be a comfortable number of suprises until the movies released.
  • Napoleon PluralNapoleon Plural LondonPosts: 10,323MI6 Agent
    I thought with CR the script popped up on line almost as it started filming, though you had to know where to look.
    "This is where we leave you Mr Bond."

Roger Moore 1927-2017
  • MoniqueMonique USAPosts: 696MI6 Agent
    edited August 2008
    Or, some of us just had friends in the right places! :v

The CR script is what made me feel better about the whole reboot thing. I thought it was so well written, it was a welcome relief. But there is a down side to reading a script beforehand, I found it a bit distracting waiting for certain dialogue, scenes, etc. It takes you out of the moment.

The QOS script seems to be well kept under wraps this time around though, which actually is a good thing. Sometimes it's better to be surprised.
  • Lazenby880Lazenby880 LondonPosts: 525MI6 Agent
    Monique wrote:
    Sometimes it's better to be surprised.
    Definitely. I never can understand why people would want to read a film script before seeing the actual film - surely it ruins the experience? I get annoyed enough when film trailers give away a plot twist (like the GoldenEye trailers, which rather made it obvious who the villain is!). I do get excited at the bits of pieces of inconsequential news and the pictures from the sets that are often released, but I'd far rather be surprised and entertained when sitting in the cinema as opposed to knowing exactly what is coming.

Perhaps it is just part of the instant gratification evident in today's society.
  • LoeffelholzLoeffelholz The United States, With LovePosts: 8,994Quartermasters
    edited August 2008
    Lazenby880 wrote:
    Monique wrote:
    Sometimes it's better to be surprised.
    Definitely. I never can understand why people would want to read a film script before seeing the actual film - surely it ruins the experience?

I can assure you, for me it's quite the opposite. It's always instructive and fascinating to see someone else's work---particularly when it's executed at a very high level, and the film is lensing or in pre-production.

With Bond, I generally immerse myself in every aspect of the film's development...at least to the extent that a fanboy outsider is able :# This way, I can enjoy the film for months before I'm actually able to see it---and curiously, it doesn't lessen the actual experience of viewing the film for me in the least, since there are always surprises along the way. Things happen during the editing process that make so much of the written script obsolete; this was certainly the case with CR, where much of the PTS (as written) hit the cutting room floor, and the joy of seeing a film for the first time is thus undiminished.

To answer the question posed in the title of this thread---without spoilers: Quite a lot, actually, even though the script has been much more tightly contained this time round. For anyone with the desire to dig, much of the story content---including structure, plot points, what set piece happens when, etc.---is already 'out there.'
    Lazenby880 wrote:
    Perhaps it is just part of the instant gratification evident in today's society.

Well, sure...there's a bit of that as well :D
    Check out my Amazon author page! Mark Loeffelholz
    "I am not an entrant in the Shakespeare Stakes." - Ian Fleming
    "Screw 'em." - Daniel Craig, The Best James Bond EverTM
  • bluemanblueman PDXPosts: 1,667MI6 Agent
    edited August 2008
    Some very interesting and detailed conversations about the making of QOS: Babs, Mikey, Marc, Gemma interviews. Not sure where to put this link, and sorry I couldn't seem to find the original source. :s

Oh, and even though I skipped around, likely there are spoilers in all that.
  • Willie GarvinWillie Garvin Posts: 1,412MI6 Agent
    edited September 2008
    blueman wrote:
    Some very interesting and detailed conversations about the making of QOS: Babs, Mikey, Marc, Gemma interviews. Not sure where to put this link, and sorry I couldn't seem to find the original source. :s

Oh, and even though I skipped around, likely there are spoilers in all that.

Indeed.

As Loeff notes,if you're really looking for info on Quantum of Solace,quite a bit of it is available on the Internet.For example,Wikipedia has a fairly detailed article on the film's general storyline, and it in turn is bolstered by a number of links to a variety of sources--primarily magazine and newspaper interviews.The article blue offers via the link to CBN is,I believe,part of a USA Today piece about QoS.Additionally,one of Gemma Arterton's fansite's features several images taken directly from QoS with Gemma in character as agent Fields.

Proceed with caution, however,because spoilers are probably everywhere... ;)