Unofficial Novels Explanation

Can someone explain to me to me these novels and can you buy them online, and also the plot and how it involves James Bond.

Per Fine Ounce
The Killing Zone
The Heart Of Erzulie
Horror Wears Blue?
The Return Of The Man From U.N.C.L.E
The Eye Of Oran?

Comments

• Scribe74Scribe74 San FranciscoPosts: 149MI6 Agent
    Per Fine Ounce was never released . . . I'm not even sure it was ever written. A South African writer came forward with the idea shortly after Fleming's death, but Glidrose turned it down.

The Killing Zone can actually be downloaded online. It was self-published by the author, whose name I forget and who wrote a rather controversial biography of George W. He ended up killing himself. TKZ is not very well written.

As for the others, I don't know . . . I hope this helps!
  • KillmasterKillmaster Roanoke, Virginia USAPosts: 9MI6 Agent
    "The Return of the Man from UNCLE" was never made available in novelized form ... it was a made for tv movie, a pilot for a proposed new UNCLE TV series. During one particular segment set in Las Vegas, I think, George Lazenby showed up driving an Aston Martin to help Napoleon Solo ... the sequence was only about two or three minutes long and he was never mentioned by name, only by the initials "J.B.". (Gee, I wonder who he could have been?)

An interesting piece of trivia ... during the brief period when this tv movie was being filmed, all three "James Bonds" were in action as Bond: Moore was filming "Octopussy", Connery was filming "Never Say Never Again", and Lazenby was filming "UNCLE".

As already mentioned "The Killing Zone" by Jim Hatfield can be found online and downloaded. It's not well written, but it's worth taking a look at, mainly for its ending.

According to reports, Geoffrey Jenkins actually completely finished "One Fine Ounce", but it was rejected by the Fleming family ... parts were later cannibalized into his own novels.

"The Heart of Erzulie" is a short story written by Raymond Benson, but, according to him, was so dismal, he didn't want anyone to read it.

I don't know anything about "Horror Wears Blue" or "The Eye of Oran". Sorry.

Hope this helps.
    "The Killing Zone" can be found at:

www.universalexports.net/books/killingzone.shtml
    For some reason the I gave above link doesn't work correctly.

I suggest you do a websearch for "killing zone" and go to its wikipedia entry ... at the bottom of the "Killing Zone" wikipedia page, there's a link to a text version of the novel that WILL work. (I just double-checked it.)
  • Lazenby880Lazenby880 LondonPosts: 525MI6 Agent
    Scribe74 wrote:
    Per Fine Ounce was never released . . . I'm not even sure it was ever written. A South African writer came forward with the idea shortly after Fleming's death, but Glidrose turned it down.
    Try to get a hold of the James Bond magazine Kiss Kiss Bang Bang issue 2, as there is an excellent and in-depth article on the full history of Per Fine Ounce. The author of the article did a lot of digging.

As Killmaster has pointed out it is possible to read The Killing Zone on-line. Unfortunately, it reads as though it was written by a twelve year old.
  • Scribe74Scribe74 San FranciscoPosts: 149MI6 Agent
    Killmaster wrote:
    "The Heart of Erzulie" is a short story written by Raymond Benson, but, according to him, was so dismal, he didn't want anyone to read it.

Considering the pretty dismal quality of Benson's published works, this story must have been hideous!