Quantum of Solace Available

Barry NelsonBarry Nelson ChicagoPosts: 1,508MI6 Agent
During lunch today I stopped by a bookstore and saw The Quantum of Solace book displayed on the new releases shelf. I like the cover art, but I think the book may be misleading for someone expecting a film novelization. The book contains all of Fleming short stories including QOS which will not resemble the movie at all. It has been a long time since I read the short stories, may have to pick this up.

http://www.amazon.com/Quantum-Solace-Complete-James-Stories/dp/0143114581/ref=pd_bbs_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1220383070&sr=8-1

Comments

• 84208420 Posts: 721MI6 Agent
    yeah i saw it on amazon last night but i thought everybody all ready knew 8-)
  • Sir MilesSir Miles The Wrong Side Of The WardrobePosts: 26,629Chief of Staff
    8420 wrote:
    yeah i saw it on amazon last night but i thought everybody all ready knew 8-)

Yes - but this is the US version.

Great cover art, so much better than the boring UK version !
    YNWA 97
  • AlexAlex The Eastern SeaboardPosts: 2,694MI6 Agent
    Picked mine up at Borders today. Even though I own Penguin's prior releases of the short stories, I couldn't resist that wonderful cover.
  • emtiememtiem SurreyPosts: 5,728MI6 Agent
    Never actually been keen on those covers- doesn't seem to suit to me. More US in feel, which of course makes them good to sell there! :)
  • LexiLexi LondonPosts: 3,000MI6 Agent
    Sir Miles wrote:

yes, I have to agree...I was a bit put off with the UK cover....but I was always taught...never judge a book....:D
    She's worth whatever chaos she brings to the table and you know it. ~ Mark Anthony
  • Shady TreeShady Tree London, UKPosts: 2,971MI6 Agent
    edited October 2008
    Sir Miles wrote:

This could be the first ever cover art depicting Rhoda Masters... she literally belittles Bond, or is that hubbie Philip?
    Critics and material I don't need. I haven't changed my act in 53 years.
  • FitzochrisFitzochris Posts: 242MI6 Agent
    Shady Tree wrote:
    Sir Miles wrote:

This could be the first ever cover art depicting Rhoda Masters... she literally belittles Bond, or is that hubbie Philip?

Shady tree...I just adored your act.
  • sharpshootersharpshooter Posts: 164MI6 Agent
    I have all of these retro styled Fleming covers, I simply adore them. Even though I have all of these stories, I will pick this one up just for the cover art.