Where will you see QoS?

2»

Comments

• Moonraker 5Moonraker 5 Ayrshire, ScotlandPosts: 1,821MI6 Agent
    Got the date wrong, Thursday 30th October for the Scottish premiere. Don't care anyway, I've got the tickets in front of me :D
    unitedkingdom.png
  • Herr MichaelHerr Michael Posts: 360MI6 Agent
    I'll be watching from the comfort of my home on a widescreen TV when it hits DVD.

I refuse to put up with what has already been mentioned that goes on at a movie theatre these days.
  • Agent WadeAgent Wade Ann ArborPosts: 321MI6 Agent
    I'll be seeing it opening day in the states.
  • Napoleon PluralNapoleon Plural LondonPosts: 10,308MI6 Agent
    Danny-Boy wrote:
    Mate, really? :o

Odeon West End isn't as grand as Leicester Square, though I think the screen will have a gradiant you'll get a better view of screen. I'd hold off for LS if I were you (though I'm not).

Yeah, it is a much lesser venue,
    I've only ever been there ONCE - some 14 years ago!!,
    it's more a case of the EARLIEST I can see the film

Although ,I have to admit, that I'm starting to have second thoughts about it?,
    as I do want to be in the crowd outside in the Square, to (hopefully!) meet the Cast,
    and I'm worried about be stuck in the crowd, and missing the beginning of the screening - it could be a bit tight for time?

Well the crowd will be there BEFORE the premiere at the Odeon, not after. So if anything you'll have near 3 hours to kill in between hoping for Craig's autograph and getting to the Odeon which is only about 30 feet away, which can't be too hard!
    "This is where we leave you Mr Bond."

Roger Moore 1927-2017
  • HowardBHowardB USAPosts: 2,745MI6 Agent
    I am hoping to see QOS on opening weekend here in the States at the AMC Neshaminy 24. The Neshaminy has two large (about 600 seats each) auditoriums with very large wall to wall 'scope screens and good digital sound. So I will make sure I get my tickets for a showing in one of those auditoriums. I refuse to see a Bond film or for the most part, any other film that really interests me in some little shoebox with a postage stamp sized screen.
  • danjaq_0ffdanjaq_0ff The SwampsPosts: 7,283MI6 Agent
    im going to see it on the 25th oct in the empire lester sq B-)
    Eh? Is that a press showing? It's supposed to be on at the Odeon LS from 31st.

Roger Moore 1927-2017
  • danjaq_0ffdanjaq_0ff The SwampsPosts: 7,283MI6 Agent
    Eh? Is that a press showing? It's supposed to be on at the Odeon LS from 31st.

no the cast and crew screening :v
  • sharpshootersharpshooter Posts: 164MI6 Agent
    I'll be watching from the comfort of my home on a widescreen TV when it hits DVD.

I refuse to put up with what has already been mentioned that goes on at a movie theatre these days.
    The antics in the theatre annoy me too, but surely you would want to see QoS soon as possible and in the best quality possible - eg. surround sound and large screen?
  • Sir MilesSir Miles The Wrong Side Of The WardrobePosts: 26,677Chief of Staff
    Anybody got a list of the regional premiers ?

I can't find one local to me and I'd hate to have to see it with all the plebs on Friday :))
    YNWA 97
  • FitzochrisFitzochris Posts: 242MI6 Agent
    Got tickets for the 31st at Glasgow's main UGC. Literally cannot wait.
  • StrangewaysStrangeways London, UKPosts: 1,469MI6 Agent
    I am torn.

I have tickets to see QOS on 1/11/08 at Leicester Square with my partner, my sister and her partner. We will all have lunch afterwards and then stay in toiwn for a few drinks.

Howewver, should I also get tickets for the Friday early screening. I am not at work on 31/10/08 and so I am thinking that I might just sneek a viewing the day before.

What do colleagues on the forum think? Let me know please!!!

{[]
    Such a move would show a shocking lack of solidarity! :D

If you're gonna go the day before SW, I'd try Screen 11 at the 02 cinema in North Greenwich for a bit of variety. Get there early though; it's free seating.

I had a similar plan but it's a bit deflating to pip your friends to the post, then again, sometimes it's nicer to be able to concentrate on it by yourself.

Roger Moore 1927-2017
  • bond2002bond2002 UKPosts: 55MI6 Agent
    our local Vue Cinema in preston for me :)
  • i expect u2 diei expect u2 die LondonPosts: 583MI6 Agent
    Just booked my tickets :D

00:20 at night, 31st October, Leicester Square's Odeon. I've never been there- anyone know what its like?
  • royalmileroyalmile Station CPosts: 115MI6 Agent
    My only real option is probably the Famous Players here in Sarnia. Although I could get to London (Canada) if I force a day off! I'll be glued to the seat anyway - hopefully without the LOUD teenage dorks I had to contend with during CR. High-volume narrations we DIDN'T need!
    Fingers crossed this time!
  • A7ceA7ce Birmingham, EnglandPosts: 655MI6 Agent
    edited October 2008
    Bloody Hell, been waiting all year to see this, following every snippet on here and clips etc elsewhere , was gonna catch the first showing - and my Boss rings me today, cos he's not available next week at work and wants me to go to Dubai on Monay for a week. I will be flying back all day on friday . GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR.X-(

Can't beleive I will have to wait 1 day more and watch it on Saturday. there is no justice.:'(

No Solace.
  • discovolantediscovolante los angeles ca usaPosts: 66MI6 Agent
    The Arclight Cinema here in Hollywood at the corner of Sunset and Vine. One of their screens is in the Cinerama Dome and that's where the first midnight showing of QOS is. They're actually preceding QOS by showing CR in it's entirety! The Dome is the biggest screen in L.A. if I'm not mistaken. I still wish that we could see QOS starting 10-31, but I have no choice but to wait.
  • StrangewaysStrangeways London, UKPosts: 1,469MI6 Agent
    I have tickets for 1pm on Saturday.
    Odeon Leicester Square.
    I have now decided to go on Friday too!!
    The joys of half term; still this is the first time a 007 film has been released in school holidays since LTK in 1989.

{[]
  • Danny-BoyDanny-Boy Posts: 26MI6 Agent
    Just booked my tickets :D

00:20 at night, 31st October, Leicester Square's Odeon. I've never been there- anyone know what its like?

BEST CINEMA IN LEICESTER SQUARE! :007),
    always very good presentations, in 70mm or Digital,
    I've seen: LTK, GE, TND, TWINE and CR there, in 70mm.

The EMPIRE, LEICESTER SQUARE, used to be the best cinema on the square, back in the 1990's - but has dropped in my estimation,
    with occasionally dodgy presentations,
    and a sometimes TERRIBLE sound system! - as I found to my cost, watching a rather muffled DAD there. X-(
    Odeon LS is the best cinema though not as large as Empire. Log on to www.rynairmag.com for my review of it! That said, the stalls are not on a gradient so you might get some 'tall ******' sitting in front of you. Or did you go for balcony.

It's where I'm seeing it.

Roger Moore 1927-2017
  • 00-Agent00-Agent CaliforniaPosts: 453MI6 Agent
    I will see it at the local cinema with my wife on 14th for my wedding anniversary. I thought she might not agree with me that seeing QOS was the best way to celebrate, but no, we are going. I knew there was a reason I loved that woman.:)
    "A blunt instrument wielded by a Government department. Hard, ruthless, sardonic, fatalistic. He likes gambling, golf, fast motor cars. All his movements are relaxed and economical". Ian Fleming
  • Bond Girl 007Bond Girl 007 Posts: 1MI6 Agent
    I am going to see QOS at Cineworld, Chester, tonight. I am slightly wound up though - there was a rumour going round that the premiere at this venue (held last night) might have included attendance by the man himself - but there is NOTHING on any of the news sites today!! Does anyone know anything?? I wasn't able to go!! ?:)
  • NightshooterNightshooter In bed with SolitairePosts: 2,917MI6 Agent
    Bought tickets yesterday for the Ziegfeld Theatre midnight showing in New York. BE THE 14TH ALREADY!!!!
  • kinserfan11kinserfan11 Posts: 35MI6 Agent
    Hell Yeahl prob. more than a few times!!! I dont give a hoot what eople say on message boards; or ratings crap; I go seeit anyway!!!{[]
  • Number24Number24 NorwayPosts: 21,838MI6 Agent
    I'm going to see QoS in Stavanger on saturday. Just winterized my car, but most of the journey will of cource be by train ...