Another Limited Edition Seamaster for Quantum of Solace

Anyone else hear this rumor?

Comments

• PaperbillPaperbill FloridaPosts: 810MI6 Agent
    I just heard from a credible scource this evening that Omega will be releasing a Limited Edition "Quantum of Solace" Planet Ocean. It is supposed to have "Quantum of Solace" somehow engraved on the dial. It will be limited to 5007 pieces with the USA receiving less than half of them. They won't show up until late October or early November.

Has anyone else heard anything about this? I have been away from the forum for a bit so this may be old news. I couldn't find any photos available to post.

BTW, I also heard that Daniel Craig will exclusively wear the PO in the upcoming movie. No Bond SMP! I find it hard to believe but we shall see.
  • LexiLexi LondonPosts: 3,000MI6 Agent
    without sounding like I'm stepping over my job of just an agent....but I think you'll find there is plenty of discussion (18 pages actually) here
    She's worth whatever chaos she brings to the table and you know it. ~ Mark Anthony
  • Asp9mmAsp9mm Over the Hills and Far Away.Posts: 7,485MI6 Agent
    Yeah, I reported this over a year ago {[]
    ..................Asp9mmSIG-1-2.jpg...............
  • HigginsHiggins GermanyPosts: 16,618MI6 Agent
    edited September 2008
    Asp9mm wrote:

.....yes, but I believe, that Paperbill wants to have it confirmed thru a credible source :p
    President of the 'Misty Eyes Club'.

Dalton - the weak and weepy Bond!
    Well, trying to avoid reading 18 pages of discussion I was hoping for a quick update. :)
    Paperbill wrote:
    Well, trying to avoid reading 18 pages of discussion I was hoping for a quick update. :)

But I can see your comments on page 15 of this particular thread, so, I thought, that you'd be up to date. ?:)

Bondtoys wrote:
    Asp9mm wrote:

.....yes, but I believe, that Paperbill wants to have it confirmed thru a credible source :p

OK, my Mom says so too. Will that suffice?

Seriously though, it should be out within a week or so of QOS.
    Memory loss sucks...
    That is great news ASP. I love my PO 45 and I love the cuff links I got from you.
    More info, interesting size

Seamaster Planet Ocean 600m Co-Axial “Quantum of Solace” Limited Edition - 222.30.46.20.01.001 - LIMITED TO 5,007 units

Movement: Omega calibre 2500, Self-winding mechanical movement Co-Axial escapement - COSC - Power reserve: 48 hours

Case: Diameter : 45.50mm - Polished and brushed stainless steel casebody; stainless steel unidirectional bezel with black aluminium ring - Screw-in crown in stainless steel; helium escape valve at 10H - Domed scratch-resistant sapphire crystal with anti-reflective treatment inside - The words “Quantum of Solace” are discreetly laser-engraved on the inside of its sapphire crystal - Screwed-in stainless steel caseback stamped with “007” medallion, engraved with limited edition number - Water resistant up to 600 m (2000 ft)

Dial: Brilliant black “Walther PPK grip structure” dial with polished flat facetted applied Arabic numerals - Omega logo & name - polished indexes with white Super-LumiNova

Hands: Polished hands coated with white Super-LumiNova - Central seconds hand with red tip

Bracelet: Brushed and polished stainless steel bracelet with Diver’s clasp

Box: Special black “Quantum of Solace” presentation box
    Paperbill,

do you have any source for this, and maybe pics?

• Sir MilesSir Miles The Wrong Side Of The WardrobePosts: 26,680Chief of Staff
    Bondtoys wrote:
    Paperbill,

do you have any source for this, and maybe pics?

Surely there is only one source to go to, Bondtoys - Asp9mm, where are you ? :))
    YNWA 97
    :v Asp9mm, what's this? :D

e52458df.jpg
    I am getting this info from the Time Zone Omega forum
  • laser944laser944 Posts: 16MI6 Agent
    Paperbill wrote:
    More info, interesting size

Seamaster Planet Ocean 600m Co-Axial “Quantum of Solace” Limited Edition - 222.30.46.20.01.001 - LIMITED TO 5,007 units

Movement: Omega calibre 2500, Self-winding mechanical movement Co-Axial escapement - COSC - Power reserve: 48 hours
    Does this mean the PO used in the film is a 45.5 or are we being fooled again as per the OP/TOM FORD sunglasses
    Case: Diameter : 45.50mm - Polished and brushed stainless steel casebody; stainless steel unidirectional bezel with black aluminium ring - Screw-in crown in stainless steel; helium escape valve at 10H - Domed scratch-resistant sapphire crystal with anti-reflective treatment inside - The words “Quantum of Solace” are discreetly laser-engraved on the inside of its sapphire crystal - Screwed-in stainless steel caseback stamped with “007” medallion, engraved with limited edition number - Water resistant up to 600 m (2000 ft)

Dial: Brilliant black “Walther PPK grip structure” dial with polished flat facetted applied Arabic numerals - Omega logo & name - polished indexes with white Super-LumiNova

Hands: Polished hands coated with white Super-LumiNova - Central seconds hand with red tip

Bracelet: Brushed and polished stainless steel bracelet with Diver’s clasp

Box: Special black “Quantum of Solace” presentation box
  • cpoulos62cpoulos62 Station UPosts: 451MI6 Agent
    edited September 2008
    45.50mm is rather large and from what I read not consistant with the 42mm that others stated are used in film per prior thread.
    Yes:

If we see in QoS a 42mm PO and NOT the black Seamaster Professional, both limited editions would not make much sense as none of these is visible there.

I know, that 007 would never wear an Omega with a gun logo, but I liked the limited editions (the first one and the CR PO).

• Bond in MelbourneBond in Melbourne Posts: 2MI6 Agent
    DC wears a PO based on the cover of Empire Oct 2008 (UK Edition), which looks like a movie still. It certainly has no gun logo.

I agree, interesting choice with two ltd editions, but there were two for CR.
    DC wears a PO based on the cover of Empire Oct 2008 (UK Edition), which looks like a movie still. It certainly has no gun logo.

Dc wears the 42mm PO in QOS. No way would they consider using the limited edition with Quantum of Solace engraved into the crystal and a oo7 on the hand in the film, that would be too stupid.
  • Bond in MelbourneBond in Melbourne Posts: 2MI6 Agent
    Agreed!

Ltd Edition Seamaster looks good though, only 10007 of them, surprised its on sale already - has been on sale since early August in Australia.
    Asp9mm wrote:

Dc wears the 42mm PO in QOS. No way would they consider using the limited edition with Quantum of Solace engraved into the crystal and a oo7 on the hand in the film, that would be too stupid.

:o oh, bugger. I have never thought about THIS.

Makes my LE Omegas totally worthless ;%

Bondtoys wrote:
    Asp9mm wrote:

:o oh, bugger. I have never thought about THIS.

Makes my LE Omegas totally worthless ;%

Quite like your posts then :))
    eusa_snooty.gif

• eyehateusernameseyehateusernames Posts: 28MI6 Agent
    I own and love the blue-faced seamaster. I don't like the look of the planet ocean, and I really don't like the look of the qos edition. Oh well, the lack of a black-faced seamaster appearance is making it much easier for me to pick up a black submariner.
  • BH1191BH1191 Posts: 26MI6 Agent
    Omega has added the limited edition PO to their site today. Here is the link

http://www.omega.ch/index.php?id=557&ref=22230462001001&no_cache=1

It's a 45.5mm, which I don't know if I like it. I like my plain face of mine instead of the one they put on this edition.
  • Sir MilesSir Miles The Wrong Side Of The WardrobePosts: 26,680Chief of Staff
    BH1191 wrote:
    Omega has added the limited edition PO to their site today. Here is the link

http://www.omega.ch/index.php?id=557&ref=22230462001001&no_cache=1

It's a 45.5mm, which I don't know if I like it. I like my plain face of mine instead of the one they put on this edition.

Lovely watch...I'm having this :D
    YNWA 97
  • BH1191BH1191 Posts: 26MI6 Agent
    No doubt it is a very nice watch. I am very happy with my 42mm though :D
  • cpoulos62cpoulos62 Station UPosts: 451MI6 Agent
    I find Omega creating 2 limited edition watches a tad over the top.
    it is the same procedure as last year ;)