Ian Fleming:License to Write BBC1

The following documentary is due to be shown on BBC1 on Sunday 2nd November…

IAN FLEMING: LICENSE TO WRITE
Former Bond girl Joanna Lumley investigates the life of author Ian Fleming. On a journey which takes her from London to Jamaica, driving Aston Martins, firing Berettas, and being surrounded by 24 million pounds worth of diamonds, Joanna discovers how Fleming poured his personal experiences of war-time espionage, love, luxury and death into his most alluring literary creation, James Bond.

Comments

• GumboldGumbold LondonPosts: 102MI6 Agent
    The transmission of this documentary has now been confirmed.

Sunday 19 October BBC1 6.10pm.

The title will now be Ian Fleming: Where Bond Began
  • Lazenby880Lazenby880 LondonPosts: 525MI6 Agent
    Just thought I'd bump this up so that Brits know it is on tonight. Here is the BBC's blurb on the programme. It looks like it could be very interesting indeed, and I could listen to Joanna Lumley's smooth chords all night.
  • SeahawkSeahawk Posts: 85MI6 Agent
    For those of you who missed it, the programme can be viewed on line for the next 7 days. (U.K. only)
    Little or no new information in it, but Joanna Lumley's customary panache makes it highly watchable.
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/
  • 84208420 Posts: 721MI6 Agent
    I watched it was great.
  • StrangewaysStrangeways London, UKPosts: 1,469MI6 Agent
    Really enjoyed it.
    Mantis - shall i put it onto DVD for you?
  • Sweepy the CatSweepy the Cat Halifax, West Yorkshire, EnglaPosts: 986MI6 Agent
    It was good but I've seen it all before 'sigh'
    207qoznfl4.gif
  • Sir MilesSir Miles The Wrong Side Of The WardrobePosts: 26,606Chief of Staff

Yes...but it was put together slightly differently...I enjoyed it...plus it had Joanna Lumley...don't you just love posh birds :))
    YNWA 97
  • SeahawkSeahawk Posts: 85MI6 Agent
    Sir Miles wrote:

Yes...but it was put together slightly differently...I enjoyed it...plus it had Joanna Lumley...don't you just love posh birds :))
    "Bond also expects his ideal woman to make a Bearnaise sauce as well as she makes love.Although, presumably, not at the same time. Although I, of course, can. And do. Frequently" (Joanna Lumley)
    I certainly love her.
  • Lazenby880Lazenby880 LondonPosts: 525MI6 Agent
    Seahawk wrote:
    Sir Miles wrote:

"Bond also expects his ideal woman to make a Bearnaise sauce as well as she makes love.Although, presumably, not at the same time. Although I, of course, can. And do. Frequently" (Joanna Lumley)
    I certainly love her.
    That bit was quite bizarre but brilliant. Joanna 'come hither' Lumley is fantastic. :D
  • www.bondstars.comwww.bondstars.com Pinewood Studios, LondonPosts: 373Chief of Staff

Have you ever thought that these kind of programmes are not only produced for fans like yourself but a broader audience who might not be as knowlegeable?
    www.bondstars.com - The stars' official online autograph store
    www.allstarautographs.co.uk - Autographs, Private Signings & Events
    www.honorblackman.co.uk - Official Honor Blackman website
  • John DrakeJohn Drake On assignmentPosts: 2,564MI6 Agent
    Sir Miles wrote:
    don't you just love posh birds :))

Yes, but in my defence I feel slightly ashamed for feeling that way.
  • Sir MilesSir Miles The Wrong Side Of The WardrobePosts: 26,606Chief of Staff
    John Drake wrote:
    Sir Miles wrote:
    don't you just love posh birds :))

Yes, but in my defence I feel slightly ashamed for feeling that way.

Oh really ?

I love it :D

And them :))
    YNWA 97