Sir Roger on Jonathan Ross

Sir Roger Moore is booked to appear on BBC1's Friday Night with Jonathan Ross on 10 October (alongside Alexa Chung and Colin Farrell).

Comments

• emtiememtiem SurreyPosts: 5,723MI6 Agent
    Oh lovely- thanks. There's going to be a bit of a Roger explosion around that time; he's everywhere!
  • bondaholic007bondaholic007 LondonPosts: 878MI6 Agent
    I will watch that. It is the same day as his biography is being released aswell. My signed copy should be there aswell by then :)

I will add to my calender
  • Sweepy the CatSweepy the Cat Halifax, West Yorkshire, EnglaPosts: 986MI6 Agent
    Sounds cool (I bet he'll be on Paul'o'Grady in the next few months)
    207qoznfl4.gif
  • LOO7K OUTLOO7K OUT United KingdomPosts: 474MI6 Agent
    It was a nice interview, hard to believe he's 81 next week. His mind is as sharp as a pin. Can't wait to meet him next Thursday. Who'd have thought he loved pork pies! Good man!

Duncan
  • RavenstoneRavenstone EnglandPosts: 152MI6 Agent
    He certainly seemed to enjoy the pork pie! What I found most fascinating was his impersonations. I mean, this is Roger Moore - man most famous for being unable to act - and yet he was doing all these different voices. It was great! Which just confirmed my thoughts that Roger Moore is only famous for playing Roger Moore, simply because he was only every employed to play Roger Moore.

I mean, I bet he could do a good Fagin, you know!

I'm thinking about getting the audio version of his book, and I never buy audio books. But if he's going to add colour to everyone's voices in that way, it's got to be worth it.
  • Smithers500Smithers500 Spectre IslandPosts: 1,341MI6 Agent
    He was great -well worth sitting through the other guests! Even Ross, who usually monopolises the chats, sat back and let the great man impress.

I am really looking forward to seeing him on Thursday, this has just whetted my appetite!
    Japanese proverb say, "Bird never make nest in bare tree".
  • Thunderbird 2Thunderbird 2 East of Cardiff, Wales.Posts: 2,777MI6 Agent
    Jonathan Ross is very good at drawing out his guests (Colin Farell in this epsiode is agood example)
    - however Sir Roger is a natural showman. I can see why everyone who has worked with him has nothin but praise for him. I wonder if he has ever done after dinner speeches?
    This is Thunderbird 2, how can I be of assistance?
  • A7ceA7ce Birmingham, EnglandPosts: 655MI6 Agent
    that comment towards the end by Ross about 'getting <something> up' and old Rog's quick remark along the lines of 'I can't remember what that feels like' - was just pure old school Rog.
  • Tee HeeTee Hee CBT Headquarters: Chicago, ILPosts: 917MI6 Agent
    Courtesy of YouTube:

Part 1

Part 2

:)) :)) :))

The world needs more Roger Moores! {[]
    "My acting range? Left eyebrow raised, right eyebrow raised..."

-Roger Moore
  • Another LoeffelholzAnother Loeffelholz "a different position."Posts: 77MI6 Agent
    Thanks for the link Tee Hee. {[] That was great. I truly do love Roger Moore.... all Bonditics aside, he is Great !!!!! -{
  • Mark HazardMark Hazard West Midlands, UKPosts: 495MI6 Agent
    Sounds cool (I bet he'll be on Paul'o'Grady in the next few months)

You don't even have to wait that long - Friday 17th October.
  • AlexAlex The Eastern SeaboardPosts: 2,694MI6 Agent
    Indeed, thanks for the link, TH. {[]
    And here he is in BBC Breakfast this morning:
    http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/entertainment/7666825.stm

I'm off to see him tonight myself at the BFI!

Yup; saw him (and Daniel) last week too at the Bond tribute. Roger overload!
  • Moonraker 5Moonraker 5 Ayrshire, ScotlandPosts: 1,821MI6 Agent
    It was definitely worthwhile sitting through Jonathon Ross and having to hear that idiot's irritating voice.

Rog never fails to be on top form and self depreciating as ever. I've already got a copy of his autobiography, which will be my holiday reading in a few weeks time B-)
    unitedkingdom.png
  • 84208420 Posts: 721MI6 Agent
    He is a great man he had to wait for everyone to die. :)) :))
    Just back from seeing him; fantastic bloke- the stories just keep coming. Marvellous. Through an error of planning I'm off to see him again on Thursday! Oh well; may as well pop by the book signing on Wednesday too! :)

Got my signed copy, too!
  • 84208420 Posts: 721MI6 Agent
    I would love to meet him. :D
  • AlexAlex The Eastern SeaboardPosts: 2,694MI6 Agent
    I've already got a copy of his autobiography, which will be my holiday reading in a few weeks time B-)
    The book here streets Nov 1st. And QoS the 14th. So basically I hate you :D -{
    ...I have to sit through my least favourite chat show host/waste of my licence fee once again a week on Friday, for Daniel Craig and Grace Jones.
    unitedkingdom.png
  • RavenstoneRavenstone EnglandPosts: 152MI6 Agent
    I agree, Moonraker. Let's hope he gives Craig a bit more time than he gave Moore.
    A quarter of the show ain't bad, is it? I thought it was a top show- best I've seen in ages. All the guests were great.
    emtiem wrote:
    All the guests were great.
    Pity about the host, those past-their-novelty-stage gimmicky singers and the format of the show. But yeah, the guests were great!
    unitedkingdom.png
  • Lazenby880Lazenby880 LondonPosts: 525MI6 Agent
    emtiem wrote:
    Just back from seeing him; fantastic bloke- the stories just keep coming. Marvellous. Through an error of planning I'm off to see him again on Thursday! Oh well; may as well pop by the book signing on Wednesday too! :)

Got my signed copy, too!
    I'll be going on Thursday as well. I'm glad to hear he's a consummate story-teller, I'm very much looking forward to the anecdotes (and am watching Moonraker tonight to get ready!).
  • scaramangasgoldengunscaramangasgoldengun ScotlandPosts: 1,388MI6 Agent
    edited October 2008
    I agree Jonathon Ross is a waste of space and a dated presenter.. I would like to say he has had his time but he didnt / has'nt deserved any time.. same goes for the shorter fatter Jonathon Ross - his brither paul ross another Oxygen theif.