Quantum of Solace poster arrives

2»

Comments

• bluemanblueman PDXPosts: 1,667MI6 Agent
    I preferred the first teaser poster over the second, that face-front photo-whatever of Craig makes him look not human, like it's a very poorly sculpted mannequin of Craig or something (the screen grab from the theatrical teaser, with Craig in shades, now that's the bomb).
  • LoeffelholzLoeffelholz The United States, With LovePosts: 8,993Quartermasters
    Put me in the pro-machine gun column. That was an excellent poster. The fact that Bond carried an assault weapon made a definitive statement. He's been using them for decades...why not put one on a poster?
    Check out my Amazon author page! Mark Loeffelholz
    "I am not an entrant in the Shakespeare Stakes." - Ian Fleming
    "Screw 'em." - Daniel Craig, The Best James Bond EverTM
  • YouknowthenameYouknowthename Carver Media GroupPosts: 500MI6 Agent
    The Mantis wrote:
    I am looking forward to the Japanese poster...they always have such great visuals and design versus what I see from the states.

Good point ! The Japanese artwork for C.R. was impressive too; for one they used the same (stylish) dark image of Craig as Omega did in their ads and displays.
  • AmdragAmdrag Posts: 14MI6 Agent
    darenhat wrote:
    I prefer the second poster. Bond with the machine gun is the image of this film. This third poster is not bad, though.

The fact that Bond isn't holding a machine gun is one of the things I like about the poster, I never cared for the publicity shots of Bond in CR or QoS wielding a bulky weapon...it seems very 'un-secret-agent-like'.

Wasn't exactly attempting to be a secret agent at the moment though was he?
  • sharpshootersharpshooter Posts: 164MI6 Agent
    edited September 2008
    Exactly right.

In the original CR script, Bond shot White with a handgun. Like Craig says, Bond is not in the mood for that. He's in the mood to hurt somebody. They want to show Bond means business.
  • AlexAlex The Eastern SeaboardPosts: 2,694MI6 Agent
    I didn't care for the automatic weapon either. At least not in the poster.

Well pressed suit, tie, er .. oversized paramilitary spray gun ...
  • LoeffelholzLoeffelholz The United States, With LovePosts: 8,993Quartermasters
    In the original CR script, Bond shot White with a handgun. Like Craig says, Bond is not in the mood for that. He's in the mood to hurt somebody. They want to show Bond means business.

I actually think it was Craig's idea for Bond to be packing bigger heat for the final scene. I found that last shot very satisfying... :007)
    Check out my Amazon author page! Mark Loeffelholz
    "I am not an entrant in the Shakespeare Stakes." - Ian Fleming
    "Screw 'em." - Daniel Craig, The Best James Bond EverTM
  • Andy A 007Andy A 007 Posts: 199MI6 Agent
    Absolutely love it! One of the best Bond posters ever! Carries a certain dark and dirty tone similar to the Fleming novels.
  • sharpshootersharpshooter Posts: 164MI6 Agent

I actually think it was Craig's idea for Bond to be packing bigger heat for the final scene. I found that last shot very satisfying... :007)
    He definitely had large say for it to be a machine gun. I’m glad, it is so much better and makes a whole lot of sense given the scenario. Another reason why I like the second poster, is that it really does tie in to the theme of QoS taking place right after the events of CR.
  • m777mm777m Posts: 1MI6 Agent
    Its a Heckler and Koch UMP submachine gun if anyone is interested.
  • SeahawkSeahawk Posts: 85MI6 Agent
    Barry Davies points out in one of his books that Heckler & Koch SMG's have become as emblematic of Anti-Terrorist forces as the AK47 is of Terrorist ones.This being the case it seems appropriate that one should find its way into Bond's arsenal.