Daniel Craig demands special tyres

Daniel Craig is insisting that production company EON fits his Bond car with special tyres during promotional activities. Tyres that will actually be able to handle the amount of horsepower produced by the Aston Martin DBSs he’s cruising around in. After all the crashes that occurred during the shoots… I have a cousin working at EON who told me. I didn’t believe it at first but then he showed me a photo he took with his mobile (check it out). http://img382.imageshack.us/my.php?image=dcs0408kz3.jpg Looks good!

Comments

• darenhatdarenhat The Old PuebloPosts: 2,029Quartermasters
    Well, we saw what he did to the last Aston he drove in CR! I don't blame him for wanting a bit better traction. :p
  • taitytaity Posts: 702MI6 Agent
    You know what, I dont believe it.

To begin with, why would Aston Martin make a car which didnt have the tyres to support it? I think its the press trying to beat up a story
  • PaperbillPaperbill FloridaPosts: 810MI6 Agent
    taity wrote:

To begin with, why would Aston Martin make a car which didnt have the tyres to support it? I think its the press trying to beat up a story
    Agreed
  • DAWUSSDAWUSS My homepagePosts: 517MI6 Agent
    Has he finally learned to drive a stick?
  • Tilly Masterson 007Tilly Masterson 007 UKPosts: 1,472MI6 Agent
    taity wrote:

I agree with that statement.

Secondly, why on earth would Aston Martin make and sell a car that isn't fit for it's purpose (tyres that can't handle the car?)

Putting the wrong type of tyres on a car of that spec, could quite clearly be seen as a safety hazard.

Still, it's a nice car nevertheless!

:D
  • pennybridgepennybridge Posts: 1MI6 Agent
    the DBS comes from the factory fitted with Pirelli P Zero tires with a 295 section width at the rear. The rear wheels are 11" wide and could accommodate 315 section width tires back there. Perhaps Craig simply wanted the widest tires possible for more traction.

Also, car manufacturers (regardless of how "performance oriented" they are) often fit tires aimed at the sensibilities of "most" customers for that particular model. In all honesty, the majority of DBS owners are not going to be racing the car, and as such the Pirelli P Zero is a perfectly suited high performance tire, but make no mistake, it has nowhere near the maximum capabilities of a motorsport tire that sacrifices longevity for maximum traction.

Another possibility, maybe the P zeros don't perform well in wet conditions, and that was Craig's concern. Perhaps he wanted a special motorsport tire designed for wet race applications.

heck I've got low treadwear/high grip tires on my volvo station wagon :007) sensibility is overrated
  • HigginsHiggins GermanyPosts: 16,618MI6 Agent
    The P zeros are absolute horror under rainy conditions and therefore, I would do the same as Dannyboy and order different tires.
    President of the 'Misty Eyes Club'.

Dalton - the weak and weepy Bond!
  • royalmileroyalmile Station CPosts: 115MI6 Agent
    So anyone know what brand the replacements are?
  • HigginsHiggins GermanyPosts: 16,618MI6 Agent
    from what I see on the pic:
    Goodyear Eagle F1
    President of the 'Misty Eyes Club'.

Dalton - the weak and weepy Bond!
  • royalmileroyalmile Station CPosts: 115MI6 Agent
    Bondtoys wrote:
    from what I see on the pic:
    Goodyear Eagle F1

Cool, thanks! {[]
  • Slyguy3129Slyguy3129 Posts: 58MI6 Agent
    Damn and all these 21 years I thought it was spelt tire......lol