Quantum of Solace scene gives deja vu

Max EMax E In the northPosts: 80MI6 Agent
I have seen this picture recently, and it remember me about the Bond film The Spy who Loved me, when Bond and the russian spy are walking in the desert.

Here are Bond and Camille, also walking in desert.

http://moviesmedia.ign.com/movies/image/article/872/872944/quantum-of-solace-20080509114307982_640w.jpg
You know in America it’s “bling, bling”, but out here it’s “bling, bang”.

Comments

• NightshooterNightshooter In bed with SolitairePosts: 2,917MI6 Agent
    I'm glad I'm not the only one who was reminded of TSWLM! Very cool!
  • Max EMax E In the northPosts: 80MI6 Agent
    Yeah, it´s very cool, I wonder if the producers meant to do it, or maybe it was just coniscience?
  • AlexAlex The Eastern SeaboardPosts: 2,694MI6 Agent
    I wish Barbara had that cutaway open thigh ensemble. (with no footwear) Would've made this Spy fanboy extremely happier ;)
    Alex wrote:
    I wish Barbara had that cutaway open thigh ensemble. (with no footwear) Would've made this Spy fanboy extremely happier ;)

Hehe
  • LoeffelholzLoeffelholz The United States, With LovePosts: 8,993Quartermasters
    edited October 2008
    No doubt that this shot summons up recollections of TSWLM...like most, this was the first thing I thought of.

But to me, the most telling difference is that Roger Moore and Barbara Bach looked like they'd merely wandered away from a cocktail party. Daniel Craig and Olga Kurylenko look like they've been through the wringer...

A small thing, but noteworthy---a sign of the times, I think.
    Check out my Amazon author page! Mark Loeffelholz
    "I am not an entrant in the Shakespeare Stakes." - Ian Fleming
    "Screw 'em." - Daniel Craig, The Best James Bond EverTM
  • GrishenkoGrishenko Posts: 45MI6 Agent
    I think this was intentional. Having two scenes featuring a man and woman in evening wear walking through the desert cannot be coincidental, even for a Bond film. I love the idea of featuring this homage, updated for a modern and grittier Bond.

The original (TSWLM) scene was great, and this one looks to be, as well...
    You can see that Bond will drive an airplane in the desert on the trailer, he might crash and find a woman there and then they become hunted by Jaws! ;)
  • Asp9mmAsp9mm Over the Hills and Far Away.Posts: 7,485MI6 Agent
    Max E wrote:
    You can see that Bond will drive an airplane in the desert on the trailer, he might crash and find a woman there and then they become hunted by Jaws! ;)

That's just daft, there are no records of Carcharodon Carcharias in the desert 8-)
    ..................Asp9mmSIG-1-2.jpg...............
  • LOO7K OUTLOO7K OUT United KingdomPosts: 474MI6 Agent
    Indeed not. However, I think after seeing the film we'll all be talking about another, perhaps more blatent Bond homage, namely Goldfinger.

And that's no bad thing.

Duncan
  • delon64delon64 RiyadhPosts: 176MI6 Agent
    indeed...maybe craig had been listening to the beatles without earmuffs?...i am a bit worried about tipping a hat to such an iconic scene
    Seriouly, I wish I know why they walk threw the desert, some accident must have happend?