MAJOR SPOILERS: 'Quantum' Tribute To A Past 007 Film

QwertyQwerty New York, USAPosts: 73MI6 Agent
MAJOR SPOILERS - 'Quantum' Tribute To A Past James Bond Film

Featuring Gemma Arterton's Agent Fields

Click if you don't mind being spoiled...

http://commanderbond.net/article/5579
~ Nobody Knows Me Like You Know Me ~

Comments

• Tee HeeTee Hee CBT Headquarters: Chicago, ILPosts: 917MI6 Agent
    edited October 2008
    First we see Bond and Camille wandering through the desert in their evening wear a la TSWLM, now this...

Has EON run out of ideas or what? ?:)

Please, enough with the homages. You're not being clever, you're being unoriginal. The homage is always inferior to the original scene anyway.

Interestingly, I predicted back in January that
    Agent Fields would drown in crude oil, although not in Goldfinger fashion. See page 2 of the Plot Details From Empire thread. ;)
    "My acting range? Left eyebrow raised, right eyebrow raised..."

-Roger Moore
  • bondaholic007bondaholic007 LondonPosts: 878MI6 Agent
    I have just brought this, Good magazine with lots of pic's.

WOW, I cant wait for the film now '25 days to go'

I hope this is as good as The Dark Knight. This film is going to be great.
  • Pud2002Pud2002 Posts: 65MI6 Agent
    Tee Hee wrote:
    First we see Bond and Camille wandering through the desert in their evening wear a la TSWLM, now this...

Please, enough with the homages. You're not being clever, you're being unoriginal. The homage is always inferior to the original scene anyway.

Agent Fields would drown in crude oil, although not in Goldfinger fashion. See page 2 of the Plot Details From Empire thread. ;)

I agree with you. Homages just seem lazy film making to me. Each film should try and have their OWN classic scene. Not just ripping off anothers.
  • FitzochrisFitzochris Posts: 242MI6 Agent
    The Bond On Set book is one big spolier. I've deliberately only looked at the gunbarrel pages and the pre-shoot pictures after catching a glimpse of oiled woman on the bed. I don't want to watch the film knowing what happens from start to finish.
  • 84208420 Posts: 721MI6 Agent
    I cant wait for it now i don't know why but i love to know what is going to happen in the film.
  • zaphodzaphod Posts: 1,183MI6 Agent
    Tee Hee wrote:

Of all the worrying advance info and evidence re QOS (terrible title, even worse song,uninspiring trailer, 'double the action, short run time ... )this is the most worrying. Still hoping for the best while fearing the worst as I really really want it to be good, and build from CR but the odds are looking long for me. I really hoped that after DAD that they (Eon) would stop this nonesense. It's not post modern, or knowingly self referential, it's just tacky (literally) They got away with the Aston in CR (Just) which was amusing, but this is a cheap shot & a step too far. it certainly diminishes and tarnishes Goldfinger, and possibly the whole series .I'm looking forward to Felix loosing limbs in the next one, and for Bond to marry only for his Bride to get killed immediatley (yawn)
    It seems that they are content to dine out on past glories (inc CR)& mimic Bourne for the rest.
  • Monza860Monza860 USPosts: 501MI6 Agent
    I don't get it how exactly did they kill her? So they drown her in oil then cover her in it, why?
    Away at Boot Camp, won't be back until April the earliest.

http://s274.photobucket.com/albums/jj258/monza860/
  • schaduwoogschaduwoog Posts: 97MI6 Agent
    In Goldfinger we still saw the blond hair, in QoS the hair is also drowned. Does anybody know why the difference or no reason?
  • scottbuster2000scottbuster2000 Posts: 28MI6 Agent
    Gemma Arterton meets her doom via an oily homage to Goldfinger Golden girl Shirley Eaton and the 'formal dress' walk in the desert ala TSWLM were obvious but did anyone catch the other TSWLM homage?
    I think it's during the opera scene where Bond knocks a guy [Who turns out to be a fellow agent] on the trunk of Greene's car. Bond knocks agent's hand away ["Where's Fekkesh?" Sandor] from his jacket and he falls off the roof ["What a helpful chap 2008 anyone?"].

***************************************************************************************************************************
    M - " You'll never find solace in an act of revenge 007. In the end you will become as cold as the weapons you vanquish your enemies with."
    BOND - " Revenge is not my intention Mom. My methods may seem uncivilized, but I know my responsibilities are to Queen and country...not personal gain."
  • yodboy007yodboy007 McMinn CountyPosts: 129MI6 Agent
    edited November 2008
    I do not mind a tribute to a past Bond film every now and then, but this film was filled with too many. At least DAD had an excuse to be because of Bond's 40th anniversary.

Good tributes were the subtle ones like the car going off the cliff like in DN and the Universal Exports card that said R. Sterling, a reference to TSWLM. Bad tributes were the complete rip-offs like Bond knocking the guy off the roof like in TSWLM (Where's Fekkesh?") and "Oilfinger"!

I must say that with two films now Craig does not yet really have a moment or action sequence that I feel will go down in Bond history. Which one of his action scenes will go well in a clip-show or montage? The action scenes in this one were too frantic and shaky to decipher and CR only had one really good one in my opinion (the bomb at the airport). CR's opening action sequence was way too unrealistic and over-the-top.

Having said all of this I wonder if Craig will ever get some original and iconic Bond moments that will be remembered in a great way. I hope they do not resort to "tributes" for the rest of his tenure.