Quantum of Solace Font

The BBC have a nice little bit about film poster fonts, the last being the font used for Quantum of Solace... Neutraface.

This will interest some of you and not others!

[news=BBC News]"The typeface used in the new James Bond poster has its roots in the early 20th Century and the architectural lettering styles of that period," says Sebastian Lester.

"Geometric fonts like this have a sense of efficiency and modernity about them which is universally appealing.

"It takes its name from the Austrian architect, Richard Neutra."
[/news]

It's featured as a popup from the Entertainment Section but the direct link is:
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/shared/spl/hi/pop_ups/08/entertainment_knowledge_of_all_fonts/html/7.stm
Simon

Comments

• LexiLexi LondonPosts: 3,000MI6 Agent
    Thanks Si, that is really interesting.

I do desktop publishing...and am always interested in type faces and fonts...and I have always thought the type face for Quantum to be particularily appealing.
    She's worth whatever chaos she brings to the table and you know it. ~ Mark Anthony
  • SeahawkSeahawk Posts: 85MI6 Agent
    Thanks for the "Heads up". I also do a certain amount of desktop publishing & am more or less permanently fine tuning the look of my desktop.
    Neutraface IS a very stylish font,but is also a tad expensive to purchase. Does anybody know of a good "looky-likey" font which might be available?
  • jamesbondagent007jamesbondagent007 Divided States of TrumpPosts: 236MI6 Agent
    Century Gothic is very similar.