Reviewing QoS

Guess it will be the usual spoiler/non spoiler separate threads. However, I could suggest the non spoiler thread avoids any excessive negativity (of which moi is particularly partial :D ) because that can also act as a kind of spoiler, raining on fans' parade. Free reign if necc in other thread of course. What do you think?
"This is where we leave you Mr Bond."

Roger Moore 1927-2017

Comments

• LexiLexi LondonPosts: 3,000MI6 Agent
    wow...Nap, are we showing a sensitive side....?

Blimey....pigs...flying, never thought I would see the day ;)
    She's worth whatever chaos she brings to the table and you know it. ~ Mark Anthony
  • Tee HeeTee Hee CBT Headquarters: Chicago, ILPosts: 917MI6 Agent
    I don't like the idea of granting immunity, temporary or not, to QoS. People should be able to say whatever they want about the film, positive or negative. Free expression is the foundation of this website after all.

Read the reviews at your own risk, I say. That said, I'll be avoiding the forum completely until November 14th when QoS hits theaters here in the States.

If all else fails, we can always begin construction on a QoS Contrarian's Playground. :))
    "My acting range? Left eyebrow raised, right eyebrow raised..."

-Roger Moore
  • Sir MilesSir Miles The Wrong Side Of The WardrobePosts: 26,568Chief of Staff
    Tee Hee wrote:
    I don't like the idea of granting immunity, temporary or not, to QoS. People should be able to say whatever they want about the film, positive or negative. Free expression is the foundation of this website after all.

No immunity is being asked for - just two threads - one spoiler free with not too much negativity. Not too much to ask.
    If you really don't like the film then really go for it in the other thread - vent your spleen :))
    YNWA 97
  • SiCoSiCo EnglandPosts: 1,371M
    It makes sense to me, but not in a 'No Negativity whatsoever' way.

Out of interest do people like the main setup of two threads or is there a better / different way.

I am also planning a thread for either links or snippets of third party reviews.
    Simon
  • LoeffelholzLoeffelholz The United States, With LovePosts: 8,990Quartermasters
    edited October 2008
    Tee Hee wrote:

:v Hopefully self-restraint would also be one of those building blocks...
    Tee Hee wrote:
    If all else fails, we can always begin construction on a QoS Contrarian's Playground. :))

As long as the TM gets proper attribution! {[] Not sure SiCo will agree to a revisiting of that fiasco...but if he does, I'll happily referee!

As for avoiding AJB...I'm really not looking forward to that two-week lag-time between release dates :# I have no idea what I'm going to do...

In all sincerity, I very much appreciate the first post in this thread. That would be quite...(loss for words)...remarkable---and much appreciated.
    Check out my Amazon author page! Mark Loeffelholz
    "I am not an entrant in the Shakespeare Stakes." - Ian Fleming
    "Screw 'em." - Daniel Craig, The Best James Bond EverTM
  • Tee HeeTee Hee CBT Headquarters: Chicago, ILPosts: 917MI6 Agent

In a utopian society perhaps. :v

I think it's best we handle this like we did with CR: two threads, one with spoilers, the other without.

There's nothing to prevent the discussion from going negative, but by all means, exercise restraint at your own will. :D
    "My acting range? Left eyebrow raised, right eyebrow raised..."

-Roger Moore
  • LoeffelholzLoeffelholz The United States, With LovePosts: 8,990Quartermasters
    Tee Hee wrote:

In a utopian society perhaps. :v

Well...at least you're giving considerable credence to my theory about a largely BonditicalTM 'Party Line' vote, as far as the new picture goes :(|)

I think that spoiler and non-spoiler review threads are the way to go...might help to have a third thread dedicated to links to 'third-party' (i.e., so-called 'professional' ) reviews, though.
    Check out my Amazon author page! Mark Loeffelholz
    "I am not an entrant in the Shakespeare Stakes." - Ian Fleming
    "Screw 'em." - Daniel Craig, The Best James Bond EverTM
  • Napoleon PluralNapoleon Plural LondonPosts: 10,274MI6 Agent
    edited October 2008
    Well I can slag off a film without giving any specifics away but like I say, that can still 'spoil' it by framing it in a negative context for those who've yet to see it.

So maybe it's an idea to keep it short and to the point, maybe only 100 words max on a non-spoiler thread.

Like I say, to Tee Hee and others, it's no holds barred on the other thread, freedom of speech and all that. If it comes to that, of course.

I didn't quite realise that for some fans, slagging off their faves makes as much sense as going round a neighbour's house and slagging off their wallpaper. When me and Strangways met up it was a bit muted at times because I'm hardly gonna slag off CR at length when he's a fan. We're a bit like a New Labour supporter and an Old Labour traditionalist, both glad the party is doing well but at odds over the direction... :)) so we kind of shy away from it, unlike the virtual reality of the forum. :D
    "This is where we leave you Mr Bond."

Roger Moore 1927-2017