Quantum of Solace Bar

For a limited time only the site will feature the Quantum of Solace Bar or QOS Bar. This will be your quick guide to QOS from wherever you are on the site.

Initially it featrues the release date for your country (or the UK if it can't).

Coming soon will be more information on the filem and once the film is released there will be quick links to the various review features on the site.

But it's not showing by country?

The system takes 'your' country from the information your browser allows the site to see. If this information is incorrect, or not available to the site then you will either see the wrong country or the UK if there is a problem.

This is simple to fix and really should be correct on your computer to start with (unless you have a specific reason to change it, in which case there's no work around!).

Setting the correct country

The settings you are after are generally termed Locale Settings.

The basics for setting the details in for your browser are:
To check or change the settings in the following popular browsers, use the menu commands shown below:

Internet Explorer 7: Tools > Internet Options > General (tab) > Languages > Language preference

Internet Explorer 6: Tools > Internet Options > General (tab) > Languages

Firefox 2: Tools -> Options -> Advanced (tab) -> General (tab) -> Languages

Opera 9: Tools > Preferences > Language > Details (button) -> Preferred languages for Web pages

Mozilla 1.7.12: Edit > Preferences > Navigator > Languages > Languages for Web pages

Netscape Navigator 8.1.2: Tools > Options > General > Languages > Languages

Safari: (Set via the Mac OS X system preferences) System preferences > International > Language

IE Mac: Edit > Preferences > Web Browser > Language/Fonts
The website: http://www.w3.org/International/questions/qa-lang-priorities has more details.

To change the locale for your computer on Windows you will need to look for the language preferences.

If you need help just ask here...
Simon

Comments

• darenhatdarenhat The Old PuebloPosts: 2,029Quartermasters
    edited October 2008
    For a minute there you had me excited...when I saw the word 'bar' I thought you were going to be serving drinks. :)
  • SiCoSiCo EnglandPosts: 1,371M
    I can never please everyone all of the time! Wait for ajbCon 2020... {[]
    Simon
  • 84208420 Posts: 721MI6 Agent
    That is ages away 2020. :s
  • bondaholic007bondaholic007 LondonPosts: 878MI6 Agent
    WOW, I like the banner and the bar, I had trouble finding the 'Todays post' bit :))

I like it well done.
    WOW, I like the banner and the bar, I had trouble finding the 'Todays post' bit :))

I like it well done.

Sorry about the change around but I'm glad you like it, I think it's a bit neater like this.

I'd like to thank DarenHat for the Daniel Craig artwork, which I think is an amazing silhouette. Look for more of his artwork appearing on the website soon.
    Simon
    Nice work 'darenhat', Liking the new avatar aswell :)

Will this bar at the top be staying after the QOS and you will change it to something different or where is says 'Limited time only' mean that it will be completly gone in a limited time ?
    Your sorry aboutthe change i love it brill.
    Will this bar at the top be staying after the QOS and you will change it to something different or where is says 'Limited time only' mean that it will be completly gone in a limited time ?

I'm undecided at the moment, initially it's just for a month or two for QOS, but if it's useful for something then it can stay, it depends what could go there!
    Simon
    Why have you took the banner away again it was great.
    I haven't touched it, it's still in the same place it's been all afternoon.
    Simon
    edited October 2008
    Its gone back to the old one on my internet. :s

edit no worries the excellent banner is back on i just needed to refresh the page.
    I know we have two new avatars but will we be getting more ones anytime soon.
    I have just updated to the Google Chrome. It is pretty cool, But it has changed my release date to US instead of UK like it was before,

Any help or should I just go back to the IE ?
    In Chrome select the spanner then 'Options'.

In options select 'Minor Tweaks' then 'Change Font and Language Settings' then select 'Languages'.

Just confirm that 'English (United Kingdom)' is at the top of the list and that 'Google Chrom Language' is also 'English (United Kingdom)'.

This should fix it, I believe you probably installed it with the default English USA settngs.
    Simon
    Yeah, Fixed Now, Thanks