The South Bank Show Special

VandrellVandrell London, EnglandPosts: 324MI6 Agent
Wednesday 22nd October, a James Bond Special for those in the UK. The following Friday DC is on Friday Night with Jonathan Ross aswell. May be worth a look.

Comments

• VandrellVandrell London, EnglandPosts: 324MI6 Agent
    Just thought i would make this give this a bump as its on tonight.
  • FitzochrisFitzochris Posts: 242MI6 Agent
    Vandrell wrote:
    Wednesday 22nd October, a James Bond Special for those in the UK. The following Friday DC is on Friday Night with Jonathan Ross aswell. May be worth a look.

Is it not this Friday, as opposed to the following, that DC is on Wossy?
  • LOO7K OUTLOO7K OUT United KingdomPosts: 474MI6 Agent
    edited October 2008
    Fitzochris wrote:
    Vandrell wrote:
    Wednesday 22nd October, a James Bond Special for those in the UK. The following Friday DC is on Friday Night with Jonathan Ross as well. May be worth a look.

Is it not this Friday, as opposed to the following, that DC is on Wossy?

It is indeed THIS Friday.

I've been jotting down the programmes that are on UK TV over the next few days and the only one I can't find on TV listings is the one supposedly on Sky 2 - listed as on Sunday 26th October.

The others being -

Quantum of Solace - Bond on Location - ITV2 Saturday 25th October 3pm

Bond - The making of Quantum of Solace - ITV1 Friday 31st October 11.45PM

Film 2008 - Quantum of Solce special - BBC1 Tuesday 28th October 11.25pm

Quantum of Solace - Royal World Premiere special - ITV1 Sunday 2nd November 2.05 AM

Any news on the SKY 2 special would be much appreciated, as would any repeat on UK TV of the E! Olga Kurylenko Bond Girl programme.

Cheers

Duncan
  • VandrellVandrell London, EnglandPosts: 324MI6 Agent
    Yes it is this friday (24th). I meant it was the friday that follows the wednesday. my bad :-)
  • scaramanga1scaramanga1 The English RivieraPosts: 845Chief of Staff
    Naturally I've Skyplussed all of these.:D

Anyone seen the Bond girl Diaries on the E! channel?

Olga is what I'd call mighty fine! That girl is just gorgeous! :x
    I've just watched this and I am shocked, and I really mean shocked about how old Sean Connery appears in this.

I just met Roger Moore in the flesh, who is 81 and he seems many years younger than SC.

Excellent programme though.

Duncan
  • Danny-BoyDanny-Boy Posts: 26MI6 Agent
    LOO7K OUT wrote:
    any repeat on UK TV of the E! Olga Kurylenko Bond Girl programme.

Cheers

Duncan

TODAY! (THURSDAY 23RD / 12.30PM)
    TOMORROW! (FRIDAY 24TH / 11.00AM)

:007)
  • A7ceA7ce Birmingham, EnglandPosts: 655MI6 Agent
    Danny-Boy wrote:
    LOO7K OUT wrote:

Cheers

Duncan

What channel is this on???
    edited October 2008

YEP! :D

A very neat programme, chock-full of SPOILER-ISH clips, and loads of interview stuff, with this little cuttie of a Bond-Girl! :x

Also, look out for:
    MTV: MADE - Bond Girl Special
    (MTV ONE / Sunday 26th October / 12.00pm - MTV ONE+1 1.00pm)

A 60 minute show, where an MTV viewer gets stunt training, and a make-over, to impress Olga Kurylenko, and complete her mission, to become a Bond-Girl! :007)

I saw the first screening of this show on Monday night, and it was quite fun! :)
    edited October 2008
    A7ce wrote:
    Danny-Boy wrote:
    LOO7K OUT wrote:

Cheers

Duncan

What channel is this on???

E! - ENTERTAINMENT / SKY Channel 151
    Thank you so much for this {[]
    LOO7K OUT wrote:
    Thank you so much for this {[]

No probs! :)

And a BIG thank you, for your list above :) - I'd been keeping an eye out especially for the Premiere and "Making Of" shows
    LOO7K OUT wrote:
    I've just watched this and I am shocked, and I really mean shocked about how old Sean Connery appears in this.

I just met Roger Moore in the flesh, who is 81 and he seems many years younger than SC.

Yes, it was a bit of a shock to the system! :o

Roger does remain very active, for a man of his years,
    and I'm a firm believer that that can only help someone, in body and mind
  • Pud2002Pud2002 Posts: 65MI6 Agent
    LOO7K OUT wrote:

I thought the same. I was actually saddened to see how old and frail he looked. Has he been ill at all? Because he looked it. :(
    It was his voice that was the givaway. It sounded very weak and old. Very sad.
  • Napoleon PluralNapoleon Plural LondonPosts: 10,308MI6 Agent
    Yes, that was a shock. :( Of course he's always looked old, for the last 30-40 years anyhow but in his recent book where he's pictured with the author, he looked about how he did at 50ish.

Lots of little clips of QoS sneak up on you without warning so best to watch after the film if you recorded it.
    "This is where we leave you Mr Bond."

Roger Moore 1927-2017
    Lots of little clips of QoS sneak up on you without warning so best to watch after the film if you recorded it.

Yep, lots of spoilers. Wasn't happy I saw them to be honest. I hate watching a film and getting that deja vu feeling.
  • Tilly Masterson 007Tilly Masterson 007 UKPosts: 1,472MI6 Agent
    It was quite a good programme - it just flew by in 1hr though!

Some good clips from Quantum of Solace and the interviews with Daniel Craig and Sean Connery were good too (even for Connery actually fluently speaking about Bond which must be a first! :D
  • scaramanga1scaramanga1 The English RivieraPosts: 845Chief of Staff
    It was quite a good programme - it just flew by in 1hr though!

Some good clips from Quantum of Solace and the interviews with Daniel Craig and Sean Connery were good too (even for Connery actually fluently speaking about Bond which must be a first! :D

It was also good to see Connery endorsing Craig's outing -I got the impression he likes Craig's portrayal -and the comment about being flattered by Daniel Craig's reverence to him and of course his Bond films in particular was a nice touch.
    Overall I thought this was a great programme -and although there were lots of spoilerish clips -I do not think it will ruin my enjoyment of this fast paced film. And I wonder if as Daniel alluded the next one will be more of a thriller and a bit slower paced -to once again build intrigue and mystery?
  • John DrakeJohn Drake On assignmentPosts: 2,564MI6 Agent
    Good show. There is a tendency for TSBS to skim over its subject matter to fill in the running time and remain accessible to viewers. But the interviews with Connery and Craig were excellent. I too thought Sean looked frail, but perhaps he was just under the weather. There was no mention of him looking weak at the Edinburgh Book Festival.
  • yodboy007yodboy007 McMinn CountyPosts: 129MI6 Agent
    I live and America and would love to see the Bond special this channel aired. Is there any way I can see it here? Is it on any site like YouTube or a torrent that my crazy pirate friend can download for me? I especially want to hear sir Sean talk Bond.
  • SeahawkSeahawk Posts: 85MI6 Agent
    As yet nothing from the programme seems to have been posted on youtube but I'll keep an eye on it.
  • AlexAlex The Eastern SeaboardPosts: 2,694MI6 Agent
    Naturally I've Skyplussed all of these.:D

She most certainly is!

Gemma and Olga remind me of Fiona and Domino. Double whammy! :x