American TV intro

clumclum Santa Cruz, CAPosts: 63MI6 Agent

Comments

• Mr MartiniMr Martini That nice house in the sky.Posts: 2,699MI6 Agent
    Wow. I know there was a period where ABC was showing Bond movies on Sunday nights. I remember watching parts of some of them, but had to turn them off because i had to go to school the next day. I kind of remember the intro. Good find clum!
    Some people would complain even if you hang them with a new rope
  • HardyboyHardyboy Posts: 5,885Chief of Staff
    Ah, memories! I miss those old razzmatazz openings from the '70s and '80s--before cable TV and home video made any movie on network television just an ordinary event. Well, you can't go home again.
    Vox clamantis in deserto
  • Sir Hillary BraySir Hillary Bray College of ArmsPosts: 2,174MI6 Agent
    How good is that?!? {[]
    Hilly...you old devil!
  • LoeffelholzLoeffelholz The United States, With LovePosts: 8,993Quartermasters
    edited October 2008
    Yeah, that takes me back...1984 was pretty much the tail-end of it. All through the Seventies, ABC on Sunday nights was the only place (outside the cinema for a new film!) to see James Bond. By the mid-Eighties, videotape was heralding the end of the era.

Shaves a few years off my age to watch that intro B-)
    Check out my Amazon author page! Mark Loeffelholz
    "I am not an entrant in the Shakespeare Stakes." - Ian Fleming
    "Screw 'em." - Daniel Craig, The Best James Bond EverTM
  • JADE66JADE66 Posts: 238MI6 Agent
    I remember those nights well. My dad and I would settle before the tube with some popcorn and dad would always point out how different the movies were from the books. We both thought that Connery was cool and Roger Moore just didn't get it.
    I watch my DVDs now and am outraged at how badly chopped the movies were for t.v. I read the Fleming novels now and am outraged at the liberties taken by those same movies.
    Still, those Sunday nights were grand.
    Fond memories-{