The Quantum Syndicate will Return!

2»

Comments

• frostbittenfrostbitten Chateau d'EtchebarPosts: 286MI6 Agent
    Wouldn't necessarily have to be a Bond to get made...might be easier if it weren't.

It's a fascinating premise, frost, and I wish you the best of luck {[]

Thanks, Loeff. You're right; such a film doesn't have to be a Bond film. However, I'll put a few Bondian touches in. Besides, I've already planned it out using one of Fleming's stories as a starting point, so of course it'll have to be a Bond. My last story was an homage to Fleming's original Quantum of Solace, and this one will be another homage to an under-appreciated Fleming tale as well.
  • Colonel ShatnerColonel Shatner Chavtastic Bristol, BritainPosts: 574MI6 Agent
    I love frostbitten's ideas. I think his story should be a squalid and mean ending for the Quantum syndicate after decades/centuries of planning to rule the world, its last leader bumped off in some dingy B&B in a dismal seaside town somewhere on the Belgium coast, after he fled his exploding secret lair in Tibet. :v
    'Alright guard, begin the unnecessarily slow moving dipping mechanism...'
    edited October 2008
    I love frostbitten's ideas. I think his story should be a squalid and mean ending for the Quantum syndicate after decades/centuries of planning to rule the world, its last leader bumped off in some dingy B&B in a dismal seaside town somewhere on the Belgium coast, after he fled his exploding secret lair in Tibet. :v

Those are some very good ideas you've come up with, Colonel. However, my plans for this story (which I'm thinking of naming Nightmare Land) are a little more modest. Firstly, I didn't want to end Quantum's existence. Who knows? Maybe the producers will want to extend this organisation's reach into the next Bond actor's tenure as well, to provide some continuity to the franchise as Craig hands the reins over to Bond #7. Secondly, there won't be any exploding lair as I'm following my own advice and trying to "keep the costs down" :) . Finally, I'll set this story in the good ol' US of A. The people of Tibet have had a rough time for so long, why add another problem to their plate ? :v

This will simply be a story about Bond's nasty encounter with Quantum's deadliest, and borderline psychopathic, enforcer (kind of a modern Red Grant), and a woman who got caught in the crossfire.

Rest assured, though, that Bond will proudly introduce himself as "Bond, James Bond", and throw out a couple of choice quips, somewhere along the way ;)
  • Gassy ManGassy Man USAPosts: 2,972MI6 Agent
    Just chiming in -- late -- that I like frostbitten's approach, too. Bond as an older, wiser man taking on a shrewd enemy is a conceit that could work with the right effort and filmmakers . . . with Craig being an actor as opposed to a typical movie star, he might have the influence to get that sort of film made, too.
    Thanks, Gassy. Craig will do very well in this kind of thrillers, no doubt about it. As for the leading lady, I'm picturing Jennifer Connelly :)
    I still haven't figured out who would fit the role of the villain as I envision it (can't think of anyone mean enough at the moment, but I'm sure I'll find a suitable candidate). It's always easier to write about a character if you can put a face on it...
    Those are some very good ideas you've come up with, Colonel. However, my plans for this story (which I'm thinking of naming Nightmare Land) are a little more modest. Firstly, I didn't want to end Quantum's existence. Who knows? Maybe the producers will want to extend this organisation's reach into the next Bond actor's tenure as well, to provide some continuity to the franchise as Craig hands the reins over to Bond #7.

I like Quantum to die with Daniel Craig, so to speak. Quantum has defeated, all of its operatives have been captured, killed or neutralized in some fashion, all of its strategic assets seized or destroyed by legitimate authorities. The last man from Quantum on the run and he's got a small bio-weapon with him as a last, desperate resort after the fall of his organization.
    Secondly, there won't be any exploding lair as I'm following my own advice and trying to "keep the costs down" :) .

That would be in the penultimate Craig movie, with Bond chasing this villain like he chased Mr. White.
    Finally, I'll set this story in the good ol' US of A. The people of Tibet have had a rough time for so long, why add another problem to their plate ? :v

It could be in Canada or Eastern Europe, but I'd say it could play out in a similar to the ending in Quantum of Solace (I've seen the movie and I'm mostly impressed).
  • LoeffelholzLoeffelholz The United States, With LovePosts: 8,993Quartermasters
    ...Quantum of Solace (I've seen the movie and I'm mostly impressed).

Glad to hear it, Colonel...
    Check out my Amazon author page! Mark Loeffelholz
    "I am not an entrant in the Shakespeare Stakes." - Ian Fleming
    "Screw 'em." - Daniel Craig, The Best James Bond EverTM
    ...Quantum of Solace (I've seen the movie and I'm mostly impressed).

Glad to hear it, Colonel...

The plot is not so bad if you look at it as a piece of a larger puzzle and Quantum is much more dangerous than I imagined if it has members and friends in very high places, while systematically infiltrating NATO governments.