Going QOS cold turkey

Is any one else afraid of finding out too much about QoS before seeing it?
I think I should cut myself off from any Bond related info.
There are too many spoilers in plain view out there. Websites, magazines, newspapers, and CD track listings.
I just got my "Bond on Set" book and can't bring myself to look inside.
Usually, I'm all for spoilers but this time I want to be surprised. I've got 22 days left. I need to resist.

Comments

• LoeffelholzLoeffelholz The United States, With LovePosts: 8,993Quartermasters
    I was hoping my "Bond On Set" would arrive today...and it didn't :#

There's no way I can go cold turkey. I can't imagine such a thing. If I could have read the script for QoS beforehand (as I did with CR), I would have.

Perhaps there's a point---between the UK release on 31st October and the US release of 14th November ( X-( ) ---at which I'll push myself away...but I can't envision such a thing right now.
    Check out my Amazon author page! Mark Loeffelholz
    "I am not an entrant in the Shakespeare Stakes." - Ian Fleming
    "Screw 'em." - Daniel Craig, The Best James Bond EverTM
  • Sir MilesSir Miles The Wrong Side Of The WardrobePosts: 26,677Chief of Staff
    I've tried to moderate myself this time around. I read the script for CR before I saw the film, and saw pretty much all of what was on-line...it didn't spoil my enjoyment one bit. In fact, reading the script probably helped..what with all the negative stuff being banded about about DC.

Now, for QoS, I seen a few bits...but certainly not all the stuff (video reports/threads, etc) as I'm happy with the way the franchise is heading. I wonder if this approach will affect my viewing pleasure this time..?..
    YNWA 97
  • NightshooterNightshooter In bed with SolitairePosts: 2,917MI6 Agent
    I'm going pretty cold turkey. I would never have read the script to CR (I had Loeffs give it to me after the movie was released) prior to the film's release, and I just want to go into this one knowing as little as I possibly can.
    In fact, I just watched a clip recently (in the Opera) and I loved it, which disappointed me, because what happened was so cool that I'm sorry I won't be surprised when I see it on the big screen.
  • 00-Agent00-Agent CaliforniaPosts: 453MI6 Agent
    I watched everything I could get my hands on with CR because I figured I already new basic story. I wasn't going to be surprised when Bond lost the first card game or Vesper died.

With QOS I am avoiding anything with a spoiler tag and have stopped watching the clips online. I've thought about avoiding the AJB site between October 31st and November 14th, but don't think I can do it. After pretty much checking in daily for two years I'm addicted.
    "A blunt instrument wielded by a Government department. Hard, ruthless, sardonic, fatalistic. He likes gambling, golf, fast motor cars. All his movements are relaxed and economical". Ian Fleming
  • bluemanblueman PDXPosts: 1,667MI6 Agent
    edited October 2008
    Yeah, doing my best to stay stupid (surprisingly not that hard...), but hoping to smarten up nicely after Nov. 14th.

Very intrigued by the general gist (all I'll allow myself) of the reviews: great action movie but not enough Bond (like, old-school Moore-type Bond... did they all not see CR???). Really can't hardly wait but I guess I have to.
  • Brosnan_fanBrosnan_fan Sydney, AustraliaPosts: 521MI6 Agent
    Although I'm definitely looking forward to QOS {[], I won't lose any sleep counting down the days until its release (In my case, it opens in Oz late November).

In fact, I plan to wait a couple of weeks until the crowds dwindle - one of my pet peeves about going to the cinema is having someone sitting in front of me blocking my view. X-(
    "Well, he certainly left with his tails between his legs."
  • Golrush007Golrush007 South AfricaPosts: 3,421Quartermasters
    I'm trying to avoid spoiles as much as possible but I'm definitely not going cold turkey altogether. It will be difficult though between 31 October and the South African release date of 21 November, as I'm sure there will be plenty of spoilers flying around from the UK viewers. I'm also avoiding reading reviews, not just because of spoilers, but because I don't want the reviewers' opinions to affect mine. ;)
  • FitzochrisFitzochris Posts: 242MI6 Agent
    edited October 2008
    I don't want the film ruined anymore than it has been already. Finding out ... EDIT: (ACK! Don't dampen it for us then!) has put a real dampner on it already.

As good as the South Bank Show was last night, it contained too many extended scenes from QoS, which revealed more than I wanted to know.
  • The Bond ExperienceThe Bond Experience Newtown, PAPosts: 5,490Quartermasters
    The hardest part for me will be when all my friends in the UK will have seen the film 12 days before me...discussions will be plnetiful but do I avoid this board altogether? I can't as browzing this board during a stressfull day of the markets and advertising is a sort of therapy...but I am afraid by the time I see the film everything will look and sound familiar...
  • Apocrypha23Apocrypha23 Posts: 177MI6 Agent
    For me it's really just about the "degree of spoilage". I can handle a 'Bond is using a PPK because M took his P99' (not confirmed just my theory). I don't want a 'James I AM your father' spoiler. So I'm trying to sate myself with morsels without overendulging. I don't want to know Mathis's true allegence until I see the film, I don't want to know how anyone meets their demise (too late, spoiled by Bond on Film), and I don't want to know what state, mental or physical, Bond is in at the end. Other than that I must know everything:)
  • Agent WadeAgent Wade Ann ArborPosts: 321MI6 Agent
    All I've seen are some pictures of the gunbarrel walk, the new theme, the trailer and a car chase clip on Leno. Beyond that, I don't know a great deal nor do I wish to know until the release. And that means very little out of me in the next three weeks.