Bond meets Fields-youtube clip

Prince Kamal KhanPrince Kamal Khan Posts: 277MI6 Agent
Someone has posted the scene where Bond meets Agent Fields in QOS. Contains a mild spoiler. Watch at your own risk.

http://au.youtube.com/watch?v=ciF78fhs2W0

P.S. Moderators. I meant to post this in the QOS section. My error. :s. If you wish to relocate it there, please do.

Thanks, PKK.

Comments

• HardyboyHardyboy Posts: 5,886Chief of Staff
    To quote The Ten Commandments: So let it be written, so let it be done!
    Vox clamantis in deserto
  • LoeffelholzLoeffelholz The United States, With LovePosts: 8,993Quartermasters
    edited October 2008
    MATHIS: I think she has handcuffs.

BOND: You hope so.

:D

Already, the lie has been put to the assertion that QoS has no humour... -{

Great clip; thanks! {[]
    Check out my Amazon author page! Mark Loeffelholz
    "I am not an entrant in the Shakespeare Stakes." - Ian Fleming
    "Screw 'em." - Daniel Craig, The Best James Bond EverTM
  • Prince Kamal KhanPrince Kamal Khan Posts: 277MI6 Agent
    edited October 2008
    Hardyboy wrote:
    To quote The Ten Commandments: So let it be written, so let it be done!

Thanks, Hardyboy. Great line from a great film. RIP, Charlton Heston and Yul Brynner. -{

MATHIS: I think she has handcuffs.

BOND: You hope so.

:D

Already, the lie has been put to the assertion that QoS has no humour... -{

Great clip; thanks! {[]

You're welcome. Quite frankly, I felt like we're back in Roger Moore/Pierce Brosnan territory again with that QOS clip. Of course, his "that last hand nearly killed me" line in CR sounded like a Moore-ism if there ever was one.
    edited October 2008
    Mathis is terrific, here: "You're only saying that to hurt me." :))

Paradoxically, one of the criticisms of CR was that it lacked humour (I vehemently disagreed at the time)...now some reviewers are saying that QoS lacks the humour of CR ?:)

This really isn't the 'Dinner Theatre Bond' of the Moore era---this is character-based, subtle stuff, and IMO it works. Perhaps people got so conditioned by "Christmas only comes once a year," "I think I got the thrust of it" and underwater tie straightening that they've become blind and deaf to anything less direct than a pie in the face :# Too bad if so.
  • Prince Kamal KhanPrince Kamal Khan Posts: 277MI6 Agent
    Mathis is terrific, here: "You're only saying that to hurt me." :))

Paradoxically, one of the criticisms of CR was that it lacked humour (I vehemently disagreed at the time)...now some reviewers are saying that QoS lacks the humour of CR ?:)

This really isn't the 'Dinner Theatre Bond' of the Moore era---this is character-based, subtle stuff, and IMO it works. Perhaps people got so conditioned by "Christmas only comes once a year," "I think I got the thrust of it" and underwater tie straightening that they've become blind and deaf to anything less direct than a pie in the face :# Too bad if so.

This clip reminds me of the scene with Bond, Natalya and Wade when they first arrive in Cuba in GE.
    Only better, I'd say...Giannini is such an excellent actor, and totally inhabits the Mathis character. It's a short scene, but IMO it's Classic Bond :007)