Choral Version of Bond Theme

I'm not sure whether this has been mentioned elsewhere (probably, and I just missed it), but the Bond theme on the trailer has some choral, operatic, stuff going on. Does anyone know whether they are singing words, or just the Soprano version of "ba da dadaaa dadadaaaaaaa" ?

Comments

• SeahawkSeahawk Posts: 85MI6 Agent
    I have heard somebody claim that it is Latin, but I can only hear "scat". I think the operatic choral may have been inserted to invoke the opera scene filmed at the Bregenz Festival.
    The opera is Tosca & that fact is reputedly significant to the film. (I don't know why that is, but it may allude to the jewel carried by Angellot which belonged to Tosca, reminiscent of Bond having Vesper's Algerian love knot)
    FWIW the Aria heard in the Opera scene is most certainly "Va, Tosca" which places the scene towards the end of the first act of the Opera.
  • RavenstoneRavenstone EnglandPosts: 152MI6 Agent
    "scat" suggests something like "requiscat in pace". I can't catch any words, but if I'm listening for Latin, I'll listen out harder next time it's on.

Thanks.
  • BarbelBarbel ScotlandPosts: 36,489Chief of Staff
    One thing for sure- they're not singing "I was born with an unlucky sneeze..." :D
  • Golrush007Golrush007 South AfricaPosts: 3,421Quartermasters
    Barbel wrote:
    One thing for sure- they're not singing "I was born with an unlucky sneeze..." :D

I'm sure Monty would have wanted extra royalties for that!!
  • darenhatdarenhat The Old PuebloPosts: 2,029Quartermasters
    I believed they used the same choral theme for the CR trailer. I was hoping that it would be used somewhere in CR and appear on the soundtrack but no luck. In fact, we were fortunate to get even the basic Bond theme in CR. I wouldn't be surprised if it plays out the same for QOS.
  • RavenstoneRavenstone EnglandPosts: 152MI6 Agent
    Nope. It's no good. I can't make out a word.
  • BarbelBarbel ScotlandPosts: 36,489Chief of Staff
    edited October 2008
    Maybe the vox are played backwards, as with 'Icarus'?
  • emtiememtiem SurreyPosts: 5,742MI6 Agent
    Seahawk wrote:
    I have heard somebody claim that it is Latin, but I can only hear "scat".

Good heavens- I'd see a psychiatrist. And don't google that word with safe search off, either!
  • yodboy007yodboy007 McMinn CountyPosts: 129MI6 Agent
    edited October 2008
    I love this choral version of the Bond theme. It goes well with the trailers for both CR and QoS and I am confident it would sound awesome while accompanying an awesome Craig action scene. However, the script could not find adequate room for the theme. Shame. Maybe next time.

Does anyone know if David Arnold arranged this choral version of the Bond theme? He is no John Barry but if he thought this up then props to him!
  • SeahawkSeahawk Posts: 85MI6 Agent
    emtiem wrote:
    Seahawk wrote:

Good heavens- I'd see a psychiatrist. And don't google that word with safe search off, either!
    It's a Jazz term denoting the use of nonsense syllables in vocals.
  • zig zagzig zag EnglandPosts: 244MI6 Agent
    Is this the music from the trailer,if so does anyone know where I can get it from,would like it on my phone as a ringtone.{[]
    "Yes,dammit,I said "was".The bitch is dead now."

"It's not difficult to get a double 0 number if your prepared to kill people"
  • emtiememtiem SurreyPosts: 5,742MI6 Agent
    Seahawk wrote:
    emtiem wrote:
    Seahawk wrote:

It's a Jazz term denoting the use of nonsense syllables in vocals.

Yes, that's one of its meanings... ;)