Quantum of Solace Premiere

This topic is for all the information, links, photos etc. from the premiere tomorrow night in London.

To start here's a Times report on the upcoming premiere... http://entertainment.timesonline.co.uk/tol/arts_and_entertainment/film/london_film_festival/article5031937.ece
Prince William and Prince Harry will attend the world premiere of the latest Bond instalment, which is expected to draw the fortnight-long festival’s biggest crowd of star-spotters to Leicester Square.
Despite the mix of royalty, music and movie-star glamour, the limelight could be at least momentarily stolen by the arrival of 007’s iconic Aston Martin DBS. The car is to take prime position in Leicester Square for the premiere.
Simon

Comments

• StrangewaysStrangeways London, UKPosts: 1,469MI6 Agent
    Things already warning up nicely in a freezing cold Leicester Square! If you are not going tonight, check out all the action on the live webcam here:
    http://www.radissonedwardian.co.uk/leicester-sq-webcam.html

OMG! I can't wait {[]
  • bondaholic007bondaholic007 LondonPosts: 878MI6 Agent
    http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/entertainment/7698560.stm

Here is footage of many Bond guests arriving
  • John DrakeJohn Drake On assignmentPosts: 2,564MI6 Agent
    Arrived in the Square just as Craig walked down the steps and disappeared from view. Heard the screaming women though.
  • LoeffelholzLoeffelholz The United States, With LovePosts: 8,993Quartermasters
    I'm very excited for all of you who have the opportunity to attend (or even be near!) something like this. Good for you. I want to hear everything about it! B-)
    Check out my Amazon author page! Mark Loeffelholz
    "I am not an entrant in the Shakespeare Stakes." - Ian Fleming
    "Screw 'em." - Daniel Craig, The Best James Bond EverTM
  • emtiememtiem SurreyPosts: 5,742MI6 Agent
    I'm very excited for all of you who have the opportunity to attend (or even be near!) something like this. Good for you. I want to hear everything about it! B-)

You obviously haven't heard how cold it is in London tonight! :) Wouldn't have caught me out there for all the tea in China!
  • LoeffelholzLoeffelholz The United States, With LovePosts: 8,993Quartermasters
    I'd be there gladly---the Midwestern U.S.A. is no picnic in the winter, though it's rather mild at the moment---it would be fun, then off to a local pub for some antifreeze... :D
    Check out my Amazon author page! Mark Loeffelholz
    "I am not an entrant in the Shakespeare Stakes." - Ian Fleming
    "Screw 'em." - Daniel Craig, The Best James Bond EverTM
  • John DrakeJohn Drake On assignmentPosts: 2,564MI6 Agent
    emtiem wrote:

You obviously haven't heard how cold it is in London tonight! :) Wouldn't have caught me out there for all the tea in China!

It was pretty cold. Mind you it was snowing when I left home this morning so I can live with this.
    :D
  • SiCoSiCo EnglandPosts: 1,371M
    Well I missed pretty much all of the premiere itself, by the time I turned up it was a crowd of people in the freezing cold and little else. Luckily I had a ticket for the BFI screening with some of the members from CBN. We did see some silvery blacked out Mercedes afterwards though heading to the after party. I'm sure it was the princes and Craig sharing a Martini ;)

The atmosphere in the cinema was good, although I couldn't help feeling some of the people were purely there to up their status rather than to watch the film!
    Simon
  • zaphodzaphod Posts: 1,183MI6 Agent
    Full credit to Daniel for having the courage not to wear the lifts.
    edited October 2008
    Here is an article on it, including a list of guests who came, Images ect ect {[]

http://bondaholic.co.uk/cms_view_article.php?aid=303
  • MazetrixMazetrix Posts: 5MI6 Agent
    edited October 2008
    Well I braved the cold and made it up to London last night. Here's my pics:-

http://www.yourmovecreep.co.uk/bond_premier/bondpremier291008.html

Enjoy!

John...
    Nice picture, I didnt relise the Xfactor gang went ?
  • 84208420 Posts: 721MI6 Agent
    Great pics well done. {[]
  • Napoleon PluralNapoleon Plural LondonPosts: 10,308MI6 Agent
    "This is where we leave you Mr Bond."

Roger Moore 1927-2017
  • i expect u2 diei expect u2 die LondonPosts: 583MI6 Agent
    This was my first premier - they're manic affairs!

Got some good autographs: Barbara Broccoli, Michael G Wilson, Marc Forster, Maryam d'Abo, and some Spanish Woman from the X Factor who assumed I wanted her signature.

Unfortunately, Daniel Craig and the rest of the cast were advised to avoid our section of the crowds, as we were practically breaking the barriers in desperation to see the stars!

My favourite part of the night, was a little exchange between myself, and Barbara Broccoli:

Me: "Barbara, you saved the series!"
    Barbara: "No, you guys did!"

Nice little moment {[]
  • jorgemjorgem DTWPosts: 98MI6 Agent
    Did you know?

Miley Cyrus was in Paris, France when QOS premiered there? She rode the Eurostar to Paris. While Daniel Craig and the cast of QOS were in Paris, Miley Cyrus was also there promoting her debut CD!

Would you want to see Miley Cyrus at a Bond premiere?
  • MoniqueMonique USAPosts: 696MI6 Agent
    Here's a gallery of all the attendees:
    I really hate Gemma's dress!

http://www.popeater.com/movies/article/stars-princes-flock-to-007-premiere/232257
  • SiCoSiCo EnglandPosts: 1,371M
    I have never understood why celebs thinking wearing that sort of thing is either fashionable or sensible. It looks stupid!

Olga on the other hand looked amazing :x ;)
    Simon
  • AlexAlex The Eastern SeaboardPosts: 2,694MI6 Agent
    A very unfortunate purple pick. But the muscle tone makes up for it. :D
  • i expect u2 diei expect u2 die LondonPosts: 583MI6 Agent
  • jorgemjorgem DTWPosts: 98MI6 Agent
    I would like to see the greatest swimmers Ian Thorpe and Michael Phelps at the Sydney, Australia premiere!