The next Actor for - Q - Boothroyd

2»

Comments

• HardyboyHardyboy Posts: 5,889Chief of Staff
    Guys nail me if you have to but hears my idea for moneypenny - Gwyneth Paltrow she did so good in iron man ,i would love to see her in bond

Actually, I thought her performance was one of the weakest things in the otherwise good Iron Man. But I think Gwyneth's too "big" for Moneypenny: she headlines movies and pulls in a huge fee. I can't imagine her appearing in a movie long enough to exchange a couple of double-entendres and make cow eyes over Bond.
    Vox clamantis in deserto
  • BarbelBarbel ScotlandPosts: 36,631Chief of Staff
    8420 wrote:
    Barbel wrote:
    8420 wrote:
    I want john cleese to return as Q :)

Well, he was edam good...

:)) i just noticed something i spelt john cleese wrong i put john cheese :)) :s

My point entirely! :))
  • another way to dieanother way to die Posts: 111MI6 Agent
    yes john cleese should be Q

moneypenny is a hard person to cast for
  • DEFIANT 74205DEFIANT 74205 Perth, AustraliaPosts: 1,881MI6 Agent
    I didn't like John Cleese's Q. I think he was too "silly", played the role like he would if he were doing a comedy sketch.

I had jokingly suggested that John de Lancie should play Q in another thread :) but seriously, my vote goes to Hugh Laurie. I think he would be perfect for the role.
    "Watch the birdie, you bastard!"
  • another way to dieanother way to die Posts: 111MI6 Agent
    that might work . huge could do well as Q

i just loved john cleese in fawlty towers
  • LexiLexi LondonPosts: 3,000MI6 Agent
    Saffron Burrows IMO would be wasted talent as Moneypenny, she would however make a great Bond Girl, give her a really meaty role...and if you boys don't know her...check out "The Bank Job" with Jason Statham....she was great in that...and yes, I agree, very beautiful and extremly elegant and perfect for Bond to seduce.(Although at above 6'...the whole is Daniel tall enough / should the girl be taller than the guy debate will raise it's head again 8-) )

Keeley Hawes would be fantastic as MP....she has the sassyness and the cheeky factor about her. I think she was brilliant in Spooks, and more recently in Ashes to Ashes.

As for Q, well Hugh Laurie def gets my vote...he could play it with the dryness of 'House' which has really seen him become a serious actor and not just the goofy comic in Black Adder. (although brilliant...I think a more serious direction for Q is what's needed, we've seen Cleese doing that, and it needs now to change )
    She's worth whatever chaos she brings to the table and you know it. ~ Mark Anthony
  • Sweepy the CatSweepy the Cat Halifax, West Yorkshire, EnglaPosts: 986MI6 Agent
    I still can't see anyone worthy of filling is Desmond Llewelyn's shoes.
    207qoznfl4.gif
  • scaramangasgoldengunscaramangasgoldengun ScotlandPosts: 1,388MI6 Agent
    edited December 2008
    yes i agree no one could fill Desmond's shoes hes the original Q. BUT SO was Connery the original Bond... and we have had Bond's just as equal to him since... but Q has to be played in a different way and not just the way Cleese sort of imitated Desmond..... in 'Die Another Day'

Lexi ..... I agree with you... Hawes .. would make a better and more fitting Moneypenny over Saffron Burrows... more suited to her character.. maybe...

Saffron Borrows would be an absolutely outstanding Bond girl in a leading lady role... a more gritty female role... and not just eye candy although she is incredibly beautiful also......

I would love to See Saffron Borrows in a main role in a Bond film... she is just very unique in so many ways...

as For Q i would not like hugh laurie...

Michael Gambon is still my top choice... wish he was a bit younger though.... I think Malcom McDowell would be great also... he would make Q in a very different way... change the character..
  • ThunderpussyThunderpussy Behind you !Posts: 63,792MI6 Agent
    May I suggest Jullian Fellows Who Played The Minister Of Defence In TND
    "I've been informed that there ARE a couple of QAnon supporters who are fairly regular posters in AJB."
  • 84208420 Posts: 721MI6 Agent
    May I suggest Jullian Fellows Who Played The Minister Of Defence In TND

Yeah I think he would be good as Q. :)
  • Mister WhiteMister White The NetherlandsPosts: 814MI6 Agent
    Not sure if they should bring Moneypenny back. If you really want them to go with the Fleming angle and make it like the books they should bring Loelia Ponsonby in. But I'm not sure if they could get away with it.

Am I the only one who liked Villiers? A sort of male Moneypenny to a female M.

As for the part of Q, well, if nobody else want it, I'll take it...:D
    "Christ, I miss the Cold War."
  • dr. evan-gelistdr. evan-gelist SheffieldPosts: 398MI6 Agent
    ian mckellen for q!
    "You're in the wrong business... leave it to the professionals!"
    James Bond- Licence To Kill
  • blofeld#1blofeld#1 Posts: 118MI6 Agent
    Hugh Laurie would in opinion be a great Q
  • DangerMouseDangerMouse Benfleet, EssexPosts: 235MI6 Agent
    I would like to see John Cleese continue as Q although, after thinking about it, I can see Hugh Laurie being a great Q.
  • HoneyRyder'sGirlfriendHoneyRyder'sGirlfriend Dolphin Country, USAPosts: 17MI6 Agent
    Q: Sam "I was almost Bond" Niell

Moneypenny: Emma Watson
  • Mr. Arlington BeechMr. Arlington Beech Posts: 105MI6 Agent
    Brian Cox might be good
  • down2000down2000 Santa Monica, CAPosts: 75MI6 Agent
    The biger question is if there is a "new" Moneypenny should Dench be replaced as M. I think that Craig is solid in the role now and no longer needs Dench as M. New M, Q, and Moneypeeny (or would that be too much??)
  • DangerMouseDangerMouse Benfleet, EssexPosts: 235MI6 Agent
    I hope not; I like Dench's prtrayal of M.
  • Rick RobertsRick Roberts Posts: 536MI6 Agent
    I hope not; I like Dench's prtrayal of M.

Me too.

Also I honestly think the films are getting along fine without Q or Moneypenny.
    Judi Dench is a perfect M

she has the perfect mix of contempt and appreciation for Bond
  • DaltonFan1DaltonFan1 The West of IrelandPosts: 503MI6 Agent
    IMO Jim Broadbent would be excellent as a serious Major Boothroyd the Quartermaster (not Q). Having seen him in Harry Potter, in which he wiped the floor with everyone else, he can be serious with the odd comical moment and would develop a serious friendship with Craig's Bond.
    “Everything that irritates us about others can lead us to a better understanding of ourselves.” - Carl Jung
  • LoeffelholzLoeffelholz The United States, With LovePosts: 8,995Quartermasters

http://www.ajb007.co.uk/topic/30362/denchs-m-must-die/

;)
    Check out my Amazon author page! Mark Loeffelholz
    "I am not an entrant in the Shakespeare Stakes." - Ian Fleming
    "Screw 'em." - Daniel Craig, The Best James Bond EverTM
  • mrbondmrbond Posts: 296MI6 Agent
    John CHEESE you said WTF! John Sessions is funny but acts to camp(poof alert)

http://www.ajb007.co.uk/topic/30362/denchs-m-must-die/

;)

that's ok.

you're wrong.

but that's ok
    It is.
    I'm not.
    But it is.
    -{
    It is.
    I'm not.
    But it is.
    -{

well, I guess it's a good thing you don't make the decisions then hmm? :)
    For you, certainly! :))