Bond stars back stage

Comments

• PaulWestonPaulWeston Midlands, UKPosts: 119MI6 Agent
    edited October 2010
    Goldie is appearing on Strictly Come Dancing. Might be worth hanging around the BBC Television Studio stage doors or studio 1?
    Joseph Millson's (Carter - CR) play has extended too 26th March 2011
    Gemma Arterton is in THE MASTER BUILDER at the Almeida Theatre, an off West End venue, 18 Nov 2010, following previews from 12 Nov - running to 8 Jan 2011.
  • Disco VolanteDisco Volante Surrey, EnglandPosts: 543MI6 Agent
    PaulWeston wrote:
    Gemma Arterton is in THE MASTER BUILDER at the Almeida Theatre, an off West End venue, 18 Nov 2010, following previews from 12 Nov - running to 8 Jan 2011.

Fancy meeting up for a beer one evening for that one Paul? I still haven't seen her :(
  • walther p99walther p99 NJPosts: 3,416MI6 Agent
    I caught Craig's Broadway play last November, it was amazing being 15 away from Bond himself, i also got to shake his hand, anyone else see a steady rain?
    John Cleese on tour. It starts in Cambridge on May 3 2011, visiting Birmingham, Salford, Liverpool, Oxford, Leeds, Edinburgh and finishing in Bristol. I'm hoping to catch him in Birmigham on 10/11 May.
  • Tilly Masterson 007Tilly Masterson 007 UKPosts: 1,472MI6 Agent
    I knew about Cleese's tour for some time now, and intend to catch him in Edinburgh.

Anyone know what he's like IP?
    edited October 2010
    Minnie Driver is in London for the premiere of ' Conviction ' on the 15th October 2010 at the Vue cinema, Leicester square at 7pm. Unsure if she stops to sign at these things?
    Cool! -{

I got her TTM via theatre around 7 years ago when she was donning the West End.
  • DOUBLE-00DOUBLE-00 ESSEX, ENGLANDPosts: 165MI6 Agent
    I`ve met John Cleese 3 times before, always signed for me, but can get a bit grumpy.
    DOUBLE-00 wrote:
    I`ve met John Cleese 3 times before, always signed for me, but can get a bit grumpy.

I did wonder what he'd be like IP - now I know to brace myself! :))

I got him TTM a few years ago via a film set & I will be going to try and get him IP when his tour kicks off next year.

Is he ok signing Bond or Fawlty Towers shots Eddie or is he funny about it?
    Judi Dench, 9 Dec 2010, Lyttelton
    Judi Dench’s career spans over fifty years, from Juliet at the Old Vic to Titania at the Rose, via films and TV, awards and accolades. She talks to John Miller as her new book And Furthermore, is published
    edited October 2010
    National Theatre of Scotland’s multi-award winning Black Watch returns. Ian Pirie (creep DAD) seems to be at the Barbican Centre, London 27/11/2010 - 22/01/2011
    Not heard of him since his 'DAD' days - still, thanks for the heads up on that one.
    Samantha Bond stars in AN IDEAL HUSBAND at Vaudeville from Wed 10 Nov 2010
  • Dr No07Dr No07 North AmericaPosts: 55MI6 Agent
    Absolutely Fabulous! Joanna Lumley just made her Broadway debut to rave reviews. She’s appearing in ‘La Bête’ through February 2011. Write: c/o Music Box Theatre, 239 West 45th Street, New York, NY 10036

Anyone attending BONDSTARS Christmas Party at Pinewood on 14th November? I’d be very grateful to have the signatures of 2 crew members. Sure I can find something to trade. Please send private message. Thanks.
    Dr No07 wrote:
    Anyone attending BONDSTARS Christmas Party at Pinewood on 14th November? I’d be very grateful to have the signatures of 2 crew members. Sure I can find something to trade. Please send private message. Thanks.

I think possibly Andy (Disco Volante) is attending this Steve or Mark Honeyball (fleming) may be?

Hope that helps! -{
    Britt Ekland will be appearing in Jack and the Beanstalk from December.
    Managed to meet Malcolm Sinclair in Nottingham last night.
    It isn't often I meet an actor taller than me, he was younger than I expected too.
    Anyway he signed my photo and commented he was glad it was dedicated as this meant it was for me. He was not pleased with people selling them on.
    Tobias Menzies (Doctor Joseph Cardin) in Lillian Hellman's The Children's Hour, which opens at the Comedy Theatre 9 Feb 2011, following previews from 22 Jan - booking to 2 April 2011.
    Good spot but what does he look like? Any images? I can't find any, looks like I'll have to watch the film again.
    He has aged quite a bit since The World Is Not Enough so today he is a bit unrecognisable. I can't find one of him from the film, but here is a recent pic of him:

mda0610nacien361x541.jpg
    Another rare chance, Diana Rigg will be appearing in 'Pygmalion' from May.

http://www.londontheatre.co.uk/cgi-bin/search.cgi?mytemplate=tp2&method=all&10000001=10001227
    Omid Djalili (The World Is Not Enough) is on tour once again this year, touring nationwide.

http://www.ents24.com/web/artist/8203/Omid_Djalili.html
    Sam Mendes (Bond 23 director) is directing 'Richard III' later this year.

http://www.londontheatre.co.uk/cgi-bin/search.cgi?mytemplate=tp2&method=all&10000001=10000831
  • BozzltovBozzltov Posts: 89MI6 Agent
    DSC01444.jpg

I don't think I have to caption the photo... other than to state before anyone else that I'm totally not in appropriate attire for such a picture. I'm Casual Scaramanga.
    Has anyone ever had any success with getting back stage autographs in the previews dates? What's the difference? In more of a rush, arrive earlier/odd times?
    PaulWeston wrote:
    Has anyone ever had any success with getting back stage autographs in the previews dates? What's the difference? In more of a rush, arrive earlier/odd times?

Not had any experience doing this myself Paul, so I'm not sure what the (if any) benefits/advantages would be from this.

I think the difference between the previews & 'official' shows are:

Previews

The show is given it's final rehearsals, but sometimes, but not always, friends, relatives etc are the 'audience' rather than the public.

Actors may leave way longer after the performance because family etc are there, so could mean they stay behind to chat in their dressing room etc?

Official Show

Well, we know what to expect on that one having done the stage door circuit a few times round! :D
    Well now I understand preview back stages. Diana Rigg turned up so early (along with the other cast) that the collectors missed them. Still rehearsing and therefore early prep. Managed to meet Diana Rigg back stage. She signed about 20ish in the scrabble before someone pushed her into a taxi. Very nice lady. I think if you don't want the crowds catch her on the way in (times and whether she does - unknown). If you are prepared to fight (may calm down as the show goes on) you should get an autograph after the show.
    Art Malik in Rose in Edinburgh 03 August — 29 August 2011
    http://www.pleasance.co.uk/edinburgh/events/rose-starring-keira-and-art-malik

Beat you to it Jamie and it's in your country too!