Why don't they make Property Of A Lady into a Novel?

Why don't they make Property Of A Lady (Film Idea) into a Novel? Maybe give it a new title, but why not.

Comments

• asioasio Melbourne, AustraliaPosts: 546MI6 Agent
    I think because Property Of A Lady, the short story by Ian Fleming was already published.
    I'm not 100% sure what you mean, but if you're referring to the next Bond film (after Quantum Of Solace) being titled Property Of A Lady, then yes a movie novelisation would be great.
    In fact, a movie novelisation for Quantum Of Solace would be great too!
    Drawn Out Dad.
    Independent, one-shot comic books from the outskirts of Melbourne, Australia.
    twitter.com/DrawnOutDad
  • The SidekickThe Sidekick Posts: 19MI6 Agent
    I meant the rumoured Bond 17 film, but a novelisation of the next film would be great.
  • taitytaity Posts: 702MI6 Agent
    Well, this is a long story...

for starters. it was never officially called Property if a Lady - thats just a rumour thats been kicked around over the internet. Somehow I doubt that the movie would have been called that, seeing as the title appears in Octopussy. They may have felt it more appropriate to make up a new one, as the did for Licence to Kill.

The movie was postponed because of a sale of MGM, the parent company that owns half of James Bond. The sale postponed production till about 1993. By that time it was decided that they wanted to go in a new direction since the fall of the USSR and then we got GoldenEye.
  • jetsetwillyjetsetwilly Liverpool, UKPosts: 1,048MI6 Agent
    The Bond producers are loath to reveal deleted concepts because something that is abandoned in one draft can be resurrected in a later film. For example, the QOS sinkhole parachute drop was originally in GE; the pursuit of a villain down the Eiffel Tower in AVTAK came from MR; Renard's inability to feel pain was inherited from Stamper. Note that the deleted scenes on the DVDs are often so inconsequential as to be irrelevent (Bond watches a tv report in LTK! Remarkable!) or so tied into the original film they'll never show up anywhere else e.g Sammy Davis Jr's cameo in DAF.

The Bond 17 script no doubt contains a load of concepts which can be cannibalised for future instalments, and so Eon wouldn't want to throw the ideas away by putting them in a novelisation.
    Founder of the Wint & Kidd Appreciation Society.

@merseytart