some comments on Sir Roger + favourite films

Dan SameDan Same Victoria, AustraliaPosts: 6,054MI6 Agent
I recently watched an interview with Roger Moore on the US Today Show in which he was promoting his new autobiography. It was a fine interview in which Sir Roger spoke about meeting Daniel Craig at a celebration marking the centenary of Fleming's birth, where Craig's arm was still in the sling, and Sir Roger felt quite protective towards Craig. He also talked about his terrible treatment by bloggers, and throughout the short interview, I was reminded why I love Sir Roger so much. :D

He's not just my third favourite Bond (narrowly losing out to Brosnan for second spot on my list), and one of three Bonds that I truly love, but also, along with Dalton, he seems to me to be the only truly gracious former Bond. Connery remains the master Bond, but perhaps for understandable reasons, he has never fully embraced the role, at least not publicly. Lazenby had his issues, while some of Brosnan's post-Bond comments weren't all that glowing. Dalton and Moore are the only two former Bonds whom, it seems to me, have never had anything but praise and warmth for their Bondian experiences. Sir Roger's love of his tenure was on display yet again in this interview.

One final comment; Sir Roger mentioned that TSWLM was his favourite Bond film of his. I had already known this (I learned about it off AJB :D) but it got me thinking; does anybody know if all of the Bonds had revealed their favourite films out of their respective tenures.

For Moore, it was TSWLM. For Connery, am I correct in that it was FRWL? Does anybody know if Dalton or Brosnan have revealed their favourite films?
"He’s a man way out there in the blue, riding on a smile and a shoeshine. And when they start not smiling back—that’s an earthquake. and then you get yourself a couple of spots on your hat, and you’re finished. Nobody dast blame this man. A salesman is got to dream, boy. It comes with the territory." Death of a Salesman

Comments

• TobiasTobias Chelmsford UKPosts: 115MI6 Agent
    Hi I would say the living daylights for dalton as it is the best out of his 2 films and for brosnan i say goldeneye i think he had problems with the other 3
  • Dan SameDan Same Victoria, AustraliaPosts: 6,054MI6 Agent
    I think you're proabably right regarding Brosnan, as I do believe that he became more disillusioned as he made more films. As for Dalton, that too wouldn't surprise me. Does anybody else know for sure what the favourite films of Connery, Dalton and Brosnan are?
    "He’s a man way out there in the blue, riding on a smile and a shoeshine. And when they start not smiling back—that’s an earthquake. and then you get yourself a couple of spots on your hat, and you’re finished. Nobody dast blame this man. A salesman is got to dream, boy. It comes with the territory." Death of a Salesman
  • emtiememtiem SurreyPosts: 5,749MI6 Agent
    Dan Same wrote:
    It was a fine interview in which Sir Roger spoke about meeting Daniel Craig at a celebration marking the centenary of Fleming's birth, where Craig's arm was still in the sling, and Sir Roger felt quite protective towards Craig.

Yes indeed- I was there :)
    Dan Same wrote:
    Connery remains the master Bond, but perhaps for understandable reasons, he has never fully embraced the role, at least not publicly.

He did the South Bank Show interview all about Bond only the other week; it's worth a watch.
  • Tilly Masterson 007Tilly Masterson 007 UKPosts: 1,472MI6 Agent
    I don't know what films of his own Dalton likes best but I do know that he likes Dr No and From Russia With Love.